Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geno hasn't thrown a pick yet.

Geno hasn't thrown a pick yet.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. It's brought up at the 3:00 minute mark. Four practices and no interceptions. Not too shabby.

To be fair, we're just used to Mark throwing numerous picks.

Geno will start if Woody has anything to do with it.

The fact that Geno is, at the very least and by all accounts, equal to Sanchez so far in practice leads me to think that this job is his. I expected Sanchez to be way ahead at this point and for Geno to slowly equal Sanchez by the end of the Exhibition games. That would have made it difficult for Rex to make a decision on the opening game starter. Geno is way ahead of my most optimimistic projections.

Practice Squad
    I thought Geno had already shown his determination in OTA's. He's a very driven young man and he's put in the work to be a serious contender for the job. I think given all the extra time Mark had to prepare that it's not a good thing that Geno has looked this good. Mark had a huge head start on the WCO, in addition to his pro experience. I think Mark is probably sharper on all the little things, but Geno clearly has the bigger talent. I think Geno's big play ability is what will eventually separate them.

There will be bad days for Geno at some point, but lets hope they are few and far between.

They're calling more difficult plays for Mark than Geno and the Defense plays harder when Mark's in too.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The fact that Geno is, at the very least and by all accounts, equal to Sanchez so far in practice leads me to think that this job is his. I expected Sanchez to be way ahead at this point and for Geno to slowly equal Sanchez by the end of the Exhibition games. That would have made it difficult for Rex to make a decision on the opening game starter. Geno is way ahead of my most optimimistic projections.
    rex isn't the only one making the decision. maybe idzik said that b/c he knows of rex's allegiance to sanchez and doesn't want that to unduly influence the decision.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    sanchz has not been horrid but the fact that Smith is wHere he is already says a lot about his smarts and skills....I want to see pre season but this kid may win the job.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    They're calling more difficult plays for Mark than Geno and the Defense plays harder when Mark's in too.
    Wait what?

Hall Of Fame
    That last one is interesting. You think the defense playing harder in order to shed the pick-6 machine? Interesting theory if true.

'twas a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    To be fair, we're just used to Mark throwing numerous picks.
    Good point.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    That last one is interesting. You think the defense playing harder in order to shed the pick-6 machine? Interesting theory if true.
    Maybe the defense is just trying to help a brotha out.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Wait what?
    I think he was being sarcastic. At least I hope so.

And I can't wait to see Geno in the first preseason game. I'd rather see him with the 1's in that game than Sanchez. I also don't think it was an accident that Geno was with the 1's for the first padded practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Maybe the defense is just trying to help a brotha out.
    wouldn't it be something if the veteran guys on d got together and said look, finally, this year if we keep picking him off, he's not going to start, so let's get to it.

I think it's pretty crazy that you guys would even suggest that...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I think it's pretty crazy that you guys would even suggest that...
    this is JI

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wouldn't it be something if the veteran guys on d got together and said look, finally, this year if we keep picking him off, he's not going to start, so let's get to it.
    I think the veteran guys on defense would go to Rex and let him know how they felt if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think the veteran guys on defense would go to Rex and let him know how they felt if that was the case.
    just joking around, perpetuating the conspiracy theory on a slow monday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

'twas a joke.
    lol

Should a known better

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta