View Poll Results: What will the Jets record be in 2013?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12 wins or more

3 2.78%
  • 11-5

1 0.93%
  • 10-6

26 24.07%
  • 9-7

27 25.00%
  • 8-8

15 13.89%
  • 7-9

15 13.89%
  • 6-10

9 8.33%
  • 5-11

5 4.63%
  • 4-12

5 4.63%
  • 3 wins or less

2 1.85%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One week into Training Camp, predict the Jets 2013 record

I am actually surprised at the optimism in this thread (yes, I consider anything 7-9 or better as optimism based on what I've had to listen to the past six months . . .)

Personally I see us reaching 9 wins (with two coming before Labor Day)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +1

10-6 or better if GenoTime from week.one

4-12 best possible with Buttfumble
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    u r crazy, Sanchez with 5 years under his belt to Geno with no experience is not a 6 game swing no matter how much you hate Sanchez.
    I agree. Lots of blind anti-Sanchez fans who can't be objective end up screwing up good debates around here.

I'm not a big fan of Sanchez. I think he's a mediocre, slightly less than average QB at best. But, anyone who thinks that a rookie can get the same exact team to 10 wins that Sanchez could only get to 4 wins is either biased, doesn't understand football or a little of both.

#realtalk

All Pro
    4-12 ----- The receivers drop passes on big plays, no holes for the RB's to run because of the inconsistent sputtering quarterback position, even so.. very good offensive line.... top 10 defense... but gets tired late in games for being on the field all day.....

POSSIBLE PRO BOWLERS
    Mohammad Wilkerson
    Antonio Cromartie
    Quinton Coples
    David Harris
    Demario Davis
    Sheldon Richardson
    Dee Milliner
    Kenrick Ellis

Geno stats Week 1, 8-8.

Sanchez starts Week 1, 5-11.

All League
    7-9 or 8-8.

I'm torn. Gun to my head: 7-9.

Hall Of Fame
    Honestly I can see a scenario where we win 4 games and I can see a scenario where we win 9 games.

Put a gun to my head . . . 7-9.

All Pro
    5-11 or 6-10 i am glad we have good reports out of a tc but i bet every team has it is easy playing against your own team and against people that will be out of the nfl or on the ps come august but playing other teams is a whole nother beast.

I am still not sold on geno either.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I agree. Lots of blind anti-Sanchez fans who can't be objective end up screwing up good debates around here.

I'm not a big fan of Sanchez. I think he's a mediocre, slightly less than average QB at best. But, anyone who thinks that a rookie can get the same exact team to 10 wins that Sanchez could only get to 4 wins is either biased, doesn't understand football or a little of both.

#realtalk
    It's not the same team. IMO the D is improved, the O line and running game will be better, and we picked up MM. I figure 1 more win for the D, 1 more win for the running game, and 2 more wins for the new OC.

Oh, and Sanchez wasn't mediocre last year, he was ****ing horrible.

Ill say 9-7 we will be in the mix but with a rookie QB will will still looses a few heart breakers. Just not as many.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Skill players are poor. The offensive line hasn't been upgraded (more depth added though).

7 new starters on defense.

If Morninwheg can somehow get adequate production from the QB position (85-90 QB rating), 8-8 is possible. But I went with 7-9, which is optimistic when looking at the roster as a whole.

Practice Squad
    voted 7-9
    I wouldn't be shocked if it was 4-12
    I also wouldn't be shocked if it was 10-6

I think no matter how we finish, Rex and Sanchez are goners.

8-8

And we actually have a shot at a wildcard and/or the AFCE with that record this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I honestly have to wait till pre season but I'll go with 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Skill players are poor. The offensive line hasn't been upgraded (more depth added though).

If Morninwheg can somehow get adequate production from the QB position (85-90 QB rating), 8-8 is possible. But I went with 7-9, which is optimistic when looking at the roster as a whole.
    Skill players on offense suck but I think if BE plays and is decent it will help us everywhere on offense. Kerley can line up and do his thing in the slot and Hill has recently been looking better in practice. Ivory is the same player as Greene but he hits the hole a lot harder. Colon if he stays healthy is the key to the entire OL. Slauson was a JAG I can't see Winters or even Peterman being much of a downgrade.

7 new starters on defense - Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Our defense was old and slow last year. I like the youth movement and speed.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Geno starts and ends up being our version of Russell Wilson or RGIII ... B*ches.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 07-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Veteran

All Pro
    A competitive 7-9 with a ceiling of 9 wins.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    There is so much invested in the defense that it should be impossible for it to fail, especially given who the coach is.

The D will be fine, which is why it's tough to predict anything less than 8 wins. You're going to have some luck go your way, some not but all you can ask is to be "in" every game and they certainly will be in most of them...

I would have liked to see a few pre-season games before making my predictions,
    Gun to my head at this early time,
    Sanchez : 8-8
    Smith : 9-7

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    There is so much invested in the defense that it should be impossible for it to fail, especially given who the coach is.

The D will be fine, which is why it's tough to predict anything less than 8 wins. You're going to have some luck go your way, some not but all you can ask is to be "in" every game and they certainly will be in most of them...
    The defense will be good, maybe one of the top units by the end of the season, but again there's a lot of new parts and they could struggle the first quarter or half of the season.

And I don't put as much stock into the rookies as most others here do. Players like Wilkerson, and even Revis, didn't contribute much in year 1. It'll be a bonus if Richardson and Milliner do but I'm not expecting it.

I think the defense will finish around 8-10th in the league, respectable but not as good as the 2009 or 2010 defenses were (1st and 3rd)

9-7

Reminds me of 2002 when the division was up for grabs...

Tampa Bay W
    @New England L
    Buffalo W
    @Tennessee W
    @Atlanta L
    Pittsburgh W
    New England L
    @Cincinnati W
    New Orleans W
    Bye
    @Buffalo L
    @Baltimore L