Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: MAN, Geno has a nice pass

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    628
    The vid the OP put up is a real eye opener for me. Recently there was a thread here on whether Sanchez has torn cartilage in his right shoulder. In this vid Geno was CLEARLY rearing back and throwing with his arm and shoulder. Sanchez was all arm.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,784
    One thing I can say is it looks like the wide outs are getting open this year. Could be the new system brought in by MM.

    I know we all hate Sanchez but that first video shows them both making some good throws. This new system could be a blessing for both QBs.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    The vid the OP put up is a real eye opener for me. Recently there was a thread here on whether Sanchez has torn cartilage in his right shoulder. In this vid Geno was CLEARLY rearing back and throwing with his arm and shoulder. Sanchez was all arm.
    +1. I really think that hit by Ngata did Sanchez in. He just hasn't been the same since. Maybe all of his inaccuracy is due to him trying to make up for lost velocity because of his shoulder (as the other thread alludes to).

    Anyway, to Geno, let's not count our chickens before the eggs hatch. Is it a good start? Absoluetly! Can we have some optimism? Yep. But let's taper it here, it's only been 3 days of camp and that's not going all out yet. Let's wait to see some pre-season games.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Another video:

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...ontinuous=true

    I didn't pay much attention to what they were babbling about, but check out the throw at 1:37. It's a simple crossing route by Powell, but Smith hits him in perfect stride, and Powell is able to gain some YAC because of it. How many times have we seen Sanchez throw that ball high or behind the runner, causing them to slow down and be tackled at the spot? That I think is the biggest difference between the two, Smith does a great job at leading his receivers. If you pause it at the time of catch, the ball is shoulder high right in front of Powell.
    At 1:52 Sancheese rolled his eyes like a little B*itch!

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,151
    I didn't watch the beginning

    Is that dumbass Baldinger blubbering about the Jets in front of the Eagles headquarters?


    If so, it proves he is just a huge bag of hot air with no substance

  6. #26
    at this point, the QB competition has gone about as well as we could hope for.

    the offense is in rhythm, not getting dominated by the D in the early stages of camp like in past seasons. the QBs are comfortable with the system and the terminology, and the receivers are getting open. what a difference a real offensive coordinator makes, thank you MM.

    more importantly: Sanchez is playing well, but Geno seems to be playing better. whoever ends up the starting QB will have to earn it based on merit, not because the other guy sucked so bad that the job was granted by default. Geno looks ready and he's earning the trust of his veteran teammates. but with Sanchez also doing well, we have an actual competition that's just gonna make everybody better and more ready to start the season.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I didn't watch the beginning

    Is that dumbass Baldinger blubbering about the Jets in front of the Eagles headquarters?


    If so, it proves he is just a huge bag of hot air with no substance
    No he was at the Jets camp. It was interesting because before practice he completely bashed the Jets, went on and on about how Sanchez should start, but then after practice said that Geno was very impressive not just in throwing but in a lot of the little details and ahead of Mark, thought that he was WAY farther ahead than a rookie should be at this point, and said he sees the Jets as a second place team. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan had similar reactions to watching practice.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    at this point, the QB competition has gone about as well as we could hope for.

    the offense is in rhythm, not getting dominated by the D in the early stages of camp like in past seasons. the QBs are comfortable with the system and the terminology, and the receivers are getting open. what a difference a real offensive coordinator makes, thank you MM.

    more importantly: Sanchez is playing well, but Geno seems to be playing better. whoever ends up the starting QB will have to earn it based on merit, not because the other guy sucked so bad that the job was granted by default. Geno looks ready and he's earning the trust of his veteran teammates. but with Sanchez also doing well, we have an actual competition that's just gonna make everybody better and more ready to start the season.
    Geno is looking great and way ahead of schedule, but yesterday was also supposed to be Sanchez worst practice which made Geno look even farther ahead.

  9. #29
    Kelly also taught his quarterbacks to avoid turnovers. From 2009-12, the only BCS schools with a lower interception per attempt rate than Oregonís 2.1 percent were Alabama (1.5) and West Virginia (1.9).
    I just saw this quote while reading an article on Chip Kelly's offense translating to the NFL. Pretty interesting because a lot of posters have noticed that Smith hasn't thrown an INT yet (yeah it's early and not an actual game lol) and West Virginia was only behind Alabama in INT/per attempt. Hopefully this trend carries over for Smith in NFL!

  10. #30
    Absolutely delighted with Geno getting his nose in front, however the green and white scrimmage game will be his biggest test yet, he needs to outplay Sanchez in that game and the jobs his for me.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post


    I think Ms. Basso works as a default "no homo".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us