Thread: NFL Network and Geno/Jets 180

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL Network and Geno/Jets 180

Geno must have been pretty impressive today. NFL Network started out in full bash mode, Sanchez will start, Jets are a last place team, blah blah blah.

Heath Evans said that 11 on 9 drill was unimpressive which was backed up by Tim and Pat and then confirmed by Rex that he wanted it to be a teaching session rather than a big hitting session so seems like Heath was calling it fair.

After practice, Evans said that Geno was far better today than Sanchez and was really surprised how far along he was in command of the offense and lots of little details.

NFL then completely switched over to the emerging story of Geno actually winning the starting job. Their talking points seemed to not even allow for that until Evans changed over. Evans, Tim and Pat all said that Jets were much more impressive than expected.

And everyone talks about how great a ball Geno throws. Pretty excited for this team and the very near future under Geno

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already told you this dude is gonna be good for the Jets!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you know that the media is just saying these things b/c they don't want Sanchez to start? lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing is believing. The last couple of years all we did was talk and bring in Tebow. When you act a certain way you get treated a certain way. If the Jets play well and act like pros they will get all the credit they deserve.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming from Evans, a Past homer who bashes the Jets whenever he can, that means a lot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would just rather have everyone continue to think this team is going to suck.
    I certainly don't want to get ahead of myself and a lot will depend on the team staying healthy and injury free, but we could sneak up on a few teams.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows. Rookies come in and start now. This guy was originally projected to be a top pick. Maybe he'll live up to that potential.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Coming from Evans, a Past homer who bashes the Jets whenever he can, that means a lot.
    He's a douche and I don't think his opinion means anything. Its refreshing to see a Patriot BJ'er noticing the Jets are improving, but I still don't care what he or anyone thinks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    He's a douche and I don't think his opinion means anything. Its refreshing to see a Patriot BJ'er noticing the Jets are improving, but I still don't care what he or anyone thinks.
    Well, obviously his opinion isn't important. But, the fact that he took NE's balls out of his mouth long enough to say "wow, the Jets are improving..." is telling.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, obviously his opinion isn't important. But, the fact that he took NE's balls out of his mouth long enough to say "wow, the Jets are improving..." is telling.
    Agreed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Seeing is believing. The last couple of years all we did was talk and bring in Tebow. When you act a certain way you get treated a certain way. If the Jets play well and act like pros they will get all the credit they deserve.
    WELL SAID