Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Geno Smith looks out of shape at Jets camp

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes. I have heard that McKnight has been having migraines. Could just be an excuse, but I think he'd out run Vinny at any age.
    I know. Just having fun at Joe's expense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Baldinger was joking. I heard the interview. Talk about media spinning something. Sheesh.
    Sorry, dude, but where was the "ha ha" part of this recent character assassination? And what exactly did you hear that indicated it was a joke? All the yukking it up? The laughter? That was those idiots at the studio. Not Baldinger. You have almost as little credibility as Baldinger by your defending him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-traini...in-worse-shape
    Last edited by shevys; 07-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Sorry, dude, but where was the "ha ha" part of this recent character assassination? And what exactly did you hear that indicated it was a joke? All the yukking it up? The laughter? That was those idiots at the studio. Not Baldinger. You have almost as little credibility as Baldinger by your defending him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-traini...in-worse-shape
    I think DD is right. You can consider it a joke or an aside when it's 5 seconds of a 60-second clip, in which the other 55 seconds are praise of Smith's play. If Baldinger really thought that was an issue or concern, he would have spent more time on it.

Even the story in print on NFL.com leads with the "embarrassing" headline of Geno's sprints, but the story itself is one paragraph about his conditioning, and 6 paragraphs about how he's looked good in camp so far.

This is nothing either way. If this is anything more than a "fly buzzing in your ear" to Smith, then he won't survive two years in NY. Yeah, the media sucks, but "character assassination" is a little strong for this story. If you can even call it a story.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i disagree. i think the media piles on rex b/c he lets them. he loves the attention. when parcells was the HC he could skewer them if they attacked him or his club. one by one the negative influences are leaving the jets but rex (and sanchez) still remain. if geno gets the starting gig and plays well it will definitely help matters though, esp. since so many criticized the pick.
    Good point; I am on board with the potential "fresh air" you refer to; good luck Geno.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I think DD is right. You can consider it a joke or an aside when it's 5 seconds of a 60-second clip, in which the other 55 seconds are praise of Smith's play. If Baldinger really thought that was an issue or concern, he would have spent more time on it.

Even the story in print on NFL.com leads with the "embarrassing" headline of Geno's sprints, but the story itself is one paragraph about his conditioning, and 6 paragraphs about how he's looked good in camp so far.

This is nothing either way. If this is anything more than a "fly buzzing in your ear" to Smith, then he won't survive two years in NY. Yeah, the media sucks, but "character assassination" is a little strong for this story. If you can even call it a story.
    This is the takeaway of the story from NFL.com:

"New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith has better arm strength and accuracy than Mark Sanchez at practice, according to Heath Evans, but Brian Baldinger calls Smith's conditioning level "embarrassing.""

Not sure who is at fault for the way the article came out, but it sounds like someone's got a hard-on over this team. Again. And it's frustrating as a fan to read or hear this crap over and over again. You would think for a team that really hasn't won dick in 40+ years we could get a pass once in a while.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Good point; I am on board with the potential "fresh air" you refer to; good luck Geno.
    the quickest way to shut people up is if you hit it right on a starting qb. idzik would have incredible karma among the nfl and media if geno plays well. rex may get his share of crap, but people will take the jets seriously if geno keeps them competitive.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

"New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith has better arm strength and accuracy than Mark Sanchez at practice, according to Heath Evans, but Brian Baldinger calls Smith's conditioning level "embarrassing.""

Not sure who is at fault for the way the article came out, but it sounds like someone's got a hard-on over this team. Again. And it's frustrating as a fan to read or hear this crap over and over again. You would think for a team that really hasn't won dick in 40+ years we could get a pass once in a while.
    Definitely agree with the last paragraph. But it's what happens when you're the #2 team in the #1 market in the country, and you've got a neurotic fan base that constantly harps on the late-season collapses, the draft-day screw-ups, etc.

Still, no one made fun of the Jets from '97 through '10, for the most part. Because they were winning. Just have to get that back, that's all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't care less what credibility you or anyone like you thinks I have.

I took it as a joke. But then again I don't get bent out of shape about everything little critique about the Jets like some of the pansies here do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

Exactly. Glad to see that not everyone has turned into a flower.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They are mad because with Rex and a HOrriBLE QB, we've pretty close to split with them.

Also they are VERY bitter about US embarrassing them off their home turf in the playoffs as they booed Beloved Brady off the field.

Good times!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't care less what credibility you or anyone like you thinks I have.

I took it as a joke. But then again I don't get bent out of shape about everything little critique about the Jets like some of the pansies here do.
    Of course you don't. You're a Pats fan, so why would you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it funny how 90% of the news about Geno since TC opened has been positive and yet that is not good enough for some people. The same people that criticize others for focusing on the negative too much.

Can't make it up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it funny how 90% of the news about Geno since TC opened has been positive and yet that is not good enough for some people. The same people that criticize others for focusing on the negative too much.

Can't make it up.
    I think its more the fact that this has become the "big" story as opposed to the positive reports.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't make it up.
    This just in: Geno went 7-8 with a fumble. Sanchez went 8-9 with one INT.

Jets forum boards: Geno created and hung the moon with amazing accuracy. Oh and Sanchez threw an INT in practice, His accuracy sux and he's a loser.

Some people will ride whatever bandwagon they can catch. I myself look at everything as objectively as a fan can. I do hope Geno plays lights out but if he doesn't I won't root against Sanchez.

**All stats above were created with a comedic purpose and are not mean to be taken as actual stats.**lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't make it up.

Well... It's one thing to be positive. It's a really weird thing to be the only person that has mentioned his "embarrassing" conditioning. Not a single person who has reported on the Jets has said that he looked anything but in shape and ready to go.

Also, I'd agree but that the information coming through has been mostly positive, but you'll also notice, there's been more written today nationally about how poor Geno Smith's conditioning has been, then in the previous days about how good he has been.

If you look up "Geno Smith" in google news, 4 of the top 6 stories are about how he's "out of shape", 1 mentions that he's thrown no INTs, and one mentions that he's ahead of Sanchez. However, before yesterday not a single person had brought up that Geno Smith looked out of shape before. And every report references Brian Balndinger's report.

This is despite multiple beat reports (Costello, Mehta) saying they've seen nothing to believe he's out of shape. If the report focused on the number of sacks that Geno Smith has taken, or the fact that he's still not as accurate as he needs to be (Both valid concerns), it'd be a valid concerns.
    Last edited by Batmans A Scientist; 07-30-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    DeeDeeNEpats has now reached TX and Vinny levels in his love and admiration for The Patriot Way...

Who knows...a few more posts and he could surpass the King...FF2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    DeeDeeNEpats has now reached TX and Vinny levels in his love and admiration for The Patriot Way...

Who knows...a few more posts and he could surpass the King...FF2
    What does FF2 stand for anyways? Faggot Faggot Too!!! lolololol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    What does FF2 stand for anyways? Faggot Faggot Too!!! lolololol
    See, that's the one that'll get ya in the band... (not that I can understand why)

but at least spell it funny or you're asking for it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at the point of "who cares what the talking heads say" anymore? Really.

I think we as Jets fans have a certain degree of insecurity when it comes to our team.

Just laugh it off and hope Smith shoves it up their collective a$$es.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm at the point of "who cares what the talking heads say" anymore? Really.

I think we as Jets fans have a certain degree of insecurity when it comes to our team.

Just laugh it off and hope Smith shoves it up their collective a$$es.
    Who granted you a pardon?

Welcome back.