Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Geno Smith looks out of shape at Jets camp

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Parcells would make the team do laps and the last guy to finish, dragging behind while basically walking through the routine was Vinny. Didn't strike me as being out of shape, just that he's a friggen QB and doesn't need to run like others.
    Am I the only one who thinks Vinny even at his age could outrun Joe McKnight?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Namath, best Jet QB ever..

Couldn't complete one 40 yard gasser in his entire NFL career..

Others...

Sonny Jurgenson
    YA Tittle
    Bobby Layne
    Dan Marino

All in Canton

Not in Canton ...Brian Braindead Baldinger...career JAG...good at gassers, though....

And

Still full of hot air

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Joe Namath, best Jet QB ever..

Couldn't complete one 40 yard gasser in his entire NFL career..

Others...

Sonny Jurgenson
    YA Tittle
    Bobby Layne
    Dan Marino

All in Canton

Not in Canton ...Brian Braindead Baldinger...career JAG...good at gassers, though....

And

Still full of hot air
    They weren't running for their lives.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man ESPN. Is really killing Geno on first take. Out of shape , cant run the o. Skip , Herm and Smith killin him for losing last 5 games. Herm is trying to defend him though. What a joke. Can we see if the kid could play before we kill him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can get rid of tanny, tebow, sanchez, holmes and more. but the media nonsense and bias won't stop until 1) the jets win the super bowl, or 2) rex is not there anymore. the media thinks that rex being there gives them the right to publish whatever they want, without worrying about accuracy or accountability. but if, say, bill cower were the HC and the media did this crap he'd be all over them and they'd stop.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Baldinger was joking. I heard the interview. Talk about media spinning something. Sheesh.
    lol, I was wondering how that was so dire.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you can get rid of tanny, tebow, sanchez, holmes and more. but the media nonsense and bias won't stop until 1) the jets win the super bowl, or 2) rex is not there anymore. the media thinks that rex being there gives them the right to publish whatever they want, without worrying about accuracy or accountability. but if, say, bill cower were the HC and the media did this crap he'd be all over them and they'd stop.
    So you are saying Rex is a softy?
    You know, i dont have espn, redzone, or nfl network, so admittedly dont see and hear a lot of the info you guys are discussing.

I figured Rex as a bit timid, possibly non confrontational, but you think Rex is too soft to drop the hammer on the press, so they take advantage of that by putting some prety idiotic stuff out theree sometimes?

I figured all NFL teams in big markets had to deal with the media buffoons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    lol, I was wondering how that was so dire.
    there's a stupid article on yahoo about the top 10 positions destined to disappoint. number one is jets qb. they cite the poor weapons. well if the team is so bad, why would the qb disappoint if they're already predicting them to stink?

another issue the jets have is that there aren't many other good comical story lines in the nfl so they're all hanging onto the jets.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not Rex; it's (the result of) NYC envy from prep-school frat boys that love being bullies.

Oh and they need to get people to tune in...THEY KNOW HOW TO TROLL JETS FANS. Rubbing salt in the collective heart of Jets fans is GOOD FOR BUSINESS. IT'S PROVEN.

There are a lot of us.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW broadcasting is in my blood.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats rediculous. What else can you blame on Rex. Its the Jets time to be goofed on. If they start winning, no one will say sh1t. No one called us a circus, made fun of players when they were on their way to back to back AFCCGs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Leberfeld keeps bringing it up. All of the other Jets reporters say they haven't seen anything to indicate that Geno is out of shape.

Dan is a tool, he has something against Geno and keeps trying to bring him down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    It's not Rex; it's (the result of) NYC envy from prep-school frat boys that love being bullies.

Oh and they need to get people to tune in...THEY KNOW HOW TO TROLL JETS FANS. Rubbing salt in the collective heart of Jets fans is GOOD FOR BUSINESS. IT'S PROVEN.

There are a lot of us.
    i disagree. i think the media piles on rex b/c he lets them. he loves the attention. when parcells was the HC he could skewer them if they attacked him or his club. one by one the negative influences are leaving the jets but rex (and sanchez) still remain. if geno gets the starting gig and plays well it will definitely help matters though, esp. since so many criticized the pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's absolutely amazing that this is the story the national media has decided to run with considering the very strong performances Geno had in camp the past few days.

I used to think the anti-Jets media bias was over-exaggerated by fans, but the past two years have proven otherwise. Disgraceful.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sirius NFL radio is now running with this....saying its been rocky start for Geno....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah Jet View Post
    Sirius NFL radio is now running with this....saying its been rocky start for Geno....
    that's what nearly everyone is rooting for, that's what people want to hear. if he were on jacksonville we'd hear the opposite, how he's besting gabbert and henne.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's what nearly everyone is rooting for, that's what people want to hear. if he were on jacksonville we'd hear the opposite, how he's besting gabbert and henne.
    and saying EJ Manuel is doing everything right in Buffalo....at least Booger said that he thought Geno did it right by not going to Jets West as what was he going to do and "learn" form the worst starting QB in the NFL. It wasn't a camp from Payton or Brady. Bruce Murray was just being a tool

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Vinny even at his age could outrun Joe McKnight?
    Yes. I have heard that McKnight has been having migraines. Could just be an excuse, but I think he'd out run Vinny at any age.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-30-2013 at 11:37 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Baldinger was joking. I heard the interview. Talk about media spinning something. Sheesh.
    If this is true, there should be some kind of repercussion to the false story.

Media types shouldn't be immune to false and slanderous articles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So four days of practice where Geno throws zero interceptions, outplays Sanchez, impresses everyone in attendance, and now the NATIONAL story is that he has had a "rough start"?

All of this on the practice off-day where Geno has time to soak all this "reporting" in and start doubting himself.

I cant follow the NFL media anymore, it literally is raising my blood pressure in anger.