Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: How many f'n 5 yard defensive holding calls are these clowns gonna call??!....

  1. #1

    How many f'n 5 yard defensive holding calls are these clowns gonna call??!....

    Watched the hall of fame game last Sunday, then more games tonight. All of these bs 5 yard defensive holding calls to extend drives are absolutely ridiculous. Complete overkill. Further ruining of the game. This game is becoming practically unwatchable

  2. #2
    Welcome to Goodell's NFL.

  3. #3
    Yep. I've despised everything goodells done since taking over. Makes me sick

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    787
    Arena league, arena league...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    Yep. I've despised everything goodells done since taking over. Makes me sick
    I agree 100%. Sadly, I just see things getting worse.

  6. #6
    The best was when there was proposal out there to completely eliminate the 3 point stance

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    Watched the hall of fame game last Sunday, then more games tonight. All of these bs 5 yard defensive holding calls to extend drives are absolutely ridiculous. Complete overkill. Further ruining of the game. This game is becoming practically unwatchable
    they said that these holding call were going to be watched closely this year. they are calling all of them to get the players used to being closely watched. etter to get used to it now in pre-season than when the games count. the browns are even having their dbs wear lightweight boxing gloves to get them used to not holding.

  8. #8
    I'm watching the cowboys/chargers. Every 3rd or 4th play there's a penalty. Unwatchable

  9. #9
    Basketball

  10. #10
    Sucks because a great high scoring game used to be great and Something to remember now it's just common place.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    I'm watching the cowboys/chargers. Every 3rd or 4th play there's a penalty. Unwatchable
    This. F'ing Goodell.

  12. #12
    That horse collar penalty on #59 last night for us was bs...mostly grabbed the back of the jersey and didn't force him to the ground (they didn't call that last year). And so was the offensive holding call on OL Ford in the 4th quarter where he grabbed hold of the inside of the jersey

  13. #13
    Thanks Peyton Manning!

  14. #14
    Did anyone else watch the seahawks broncos? It felt like it was raining yellow flags for the first half

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    This. F'ing Goodell.
    I didn't know Goodell is on the competition committee.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,018
    They want to drive it home in preseason.

  17. #17
    NFL doing more rule changes in light of Peyton's Seattle beatdown to try to get him more rings.
    They changed the rules before to benefit Peyton the Golden Boy when Patriot DB's used to take his receivers heads off over the middle.

    Now Seattle puts the smack down on Denver's #1 offense and all of a sudden their defense is now a penalty.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Basketball
    Ha Ha, so true, you can t even breath on any one. I don't even think the refs see penalties, I think if the players are close to each other they blow the whistle.

  19. #19
    The NFL doesn't believe it can kill the Golden Goose but it can. It won't happen over night, but if they water down defense and p$$ify the game too much, they will kill the NFL.

    It will take a few years for people to realize they're not watching the game they love, but it'll eventually happen. A watered down arena-football variant will not bring in the next generation of fans like the NFL has previously, and traditional football fans will eventually tire of offenses playing against defenses that aren't allowed to stop them. High scoring games are enjoyable now because they aren't the norm and not every team can produce massive amounts of points. If the entire league turns into 40+ scoring games it'll lose its charm fast.

    The UFC's ascension looked to be unstoppable in the mid to late 2000's, and people were predicting it was going to become the most popular sport in America. At the time it wasn't a completely absurd notion, not that I agreed with it, but then their best generation of stars got old and over the hill, and one atrocious judges decision lead to highway robbery after the other, and the UFC has been on the serious ebb ever since.

    If the NFL thinks itself too big to fail, they're wrong. It isn't too big to fail - it's just too big to fail immediately.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The NFL doesn't believe it can kill the Golden Goose but it can. It won't happen over night, but if they water down defense and p$$ify the game too much, they will kill the NFL.

    It will take a few years for people to realize they're not watching the game they love, but it'll eventually happen. A watered down arena-football variant will not bring in the next generation of fans like the NFL has previously, and traditional football fans will eventually tire of offenses playing against defenses that aren't allowed to stop them. High scoring games are enjoyable now because they aren't the norm and not every team can produce massive amounts of points. If the entire league turns into 40+ scoring games it'll lose its charm fast.

    The UFC's ascension looked to be unstoppable in the mid to late 2000's, and people were predicting it was going to become the most popular sport in America. At the time it wasn't a completely absurd notion, not that I agreed with it, but then their best generation of stars got old and over the hill, and one atrocious judges decision lead to highway robbery after the other, and the UFC has been on the serious ebb ever since.

    If the NFL thinks itself too big to fail, they're wrong. It isn't too big to fail - it's just too big to fail immediately.
    I've been saying this for years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us