Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Dee Milliner be an island ? ? ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Milliner played against much better college competition (Alabama/Pitt), was considered a top five draftee (Me-vis never was) and was drafted at 9 (Me-vis went at 16).

Rex is just trying to lower expectations but it's definitely possible that DM can be as good or better than Me-vis
    Agreed. You certainly know your football so I have to agree he can definately be better than revis ever was.

YEA JETS!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I wouldn't say burned. If so please remind all of us who burned him and what the stats were, thanks
    I really don't give a shlt what you'd "say"

And if you don't have a set of eyes in your thick skull then it's not my problem.

You want me to "prove" why your boy Sanchez sucks ass, too???

He got burned, son! I saw it and I'm not the only one. SORRY!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Yeah I can't say I remember Revis being AMAZING. As a rookie he was very able but got beat here and there, very good, especially for a rookie, but I reserve "amazing" for what he did in year three when he really became Revis island.
    I agree, he was outstanding. However he became an all timer when Rex Ryan became coach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far he is ahead of Revis during his Rookie year Mlliner is signed and is in camp on time. Something Revis couldn't do it feels good not having to see the news with Revis crying about not getting paid enough. To me he was the other half of the circus so glad he is gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    valid reasons...fact is we got the best db in the draft....we got a projected 1st rd QB talent in the 2nd round and Sheldon rich will be one of the best rookie d linemen in the league....that's a lot of nice talent in one swoop....oh and we have 12 picks including 2 numbers 3's next year....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Could it be that fate smiled down on the Jets during this off season?

Jets hire a real OC in Marty

Greedy selfish Revis traded & now we have 2- 3rd round picks next year 12 in all

Milliner drops to us

Richardson drops to us

Geno drops to the 2nd round

Holmes, Sanchez & Harris contract will be gone or greatly reduced

Psyched

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He Doesn't seem* to have Revis's upper body strength. a factor that set Revis apart from other CB's. Time will tell. Considering he doesn't have too line up vs the other teams #1 every play gives him a chance to develop his skills under less pressure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Benjamin Buford Blue Island.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    So far he is ahead of Revis during his Rookie year Mlliner is signed and is in camp on time. Something Revis couldn't do it feels good not having to see the news with Revis crying about not getting paid enough. To me he was the other half of the circus so glad he is gone.
    I agree, although Dee WASN'T in camp on time. Mevis was NEVER about the Jets. He was just a mercenary for hire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No man is an island , but EVERY woman is...
    fixed^^

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    I feel so bad for Milliner since people will always be comparing him to Revis from the moment he sets foot on the field, and people will ignore what Revis looked like at the start of his NFL career. (You can see Randy Moss running past him for a few TDs) I have no idea if Milliner will be good or not, but I'm hopeful that he will be a solid player and I like everything that I've seen from him so far. He definitely won't be Revis, but no one is, and that's fine.
    Milliner will be a top 5 CB in the NFL but he needs time. Jets need to take it slow with him like you said even Revis got burnt several times his rookie year. I'd start out the season with Wilson starting and work in Milliner as the nickel with him eventually taking over the starting job and Wilson becoming the nickel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Milliner will be a top 5 CB in the NFL but he needs time. Jets need to take it slow with him like you said even Revis got burnt several times his rookie year. I'd start out the season with Wilson starting and work in Milliner as the nickel with him eventually taking over the starting job and Wilson becoming the nickel.
    i think milliner will develop into a solid cb...not great but,..a top 10

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Millner just needs to do his job and be a starting NFL CB, so basically he has to be better then Wilson...

Can't compare him to Revis unless/until he takes 16M of cap space

right now, the Jets have Dee plus over 12M for the rest of the team, consider: Dee + Brick + Cro + Wilson + both starting safeties is about 16M of cap in 2013.

we can tell the story after considering the impact of ~45M of cap space over the next 3-4 years

and next year Revis will have the Flacco and Fynn contracts to hold out for...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Yeah I can't say I remember Revis being AMAZING. As a rookie he was very able but got beat here and there, very good, especially for a rookie, but I reserve "amazing" for what he did in year three when he really became Revis island.
    Revis didn't become REVIS ISLAND till Ryan came to New York...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    rex is a good D coach

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is an all-time great....a once in a generation type player

If Millner can turn into an Aaron Glenn, or an Antonio Cromartie, we should all be estatic!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I wouldn't say burned. If so please remind all of us who burned him and what the stats were, thanks
    Bray-Bray aka AmeriVin Idol for 1

10/28/07

Darrelle Revis gets burned in Jets' loss

jump-ball catch by Bills wide receiver Lee Evans turned into an 85-yard touchdown in the Jets' 13-3 loss to the Bills at the Meadowlands.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-01-2013 at 08:51 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    . He was very good before Ryan ... But even better with Ryan calling the D.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Revis is an all-time great....a once in a generation type player

If Millner can turn into an Aaron Glenn, or an Antonio Cromartie, we should all be estatic!!
    agreed...if he stays healthy; he'll be a solid cb

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Bray-Bray aka AmeriVin Idol for 1

10/28/07

Darrelle Revis gets burned in Jets' loss

jump-ball catch by Bills wide receiver Lee Evans turned into an 85-yard touchdown in the Jets' 13-3 loss to the Bills at the Meadowlands.
    People are downplaying how amazing Revis was since the second he started. His rookie year he was very impressive, but got tricked by some vet recievers his rookie year. Since his 2nd year he was the shutdown corner the best since deon.

He didn't get the pub until Ryan came in and said he was the best CB in football, but Ryan said that because it was already true. Ryan's system did allow him to showcase his talents more, but he was an island from his 2nd year, and a top 3 CB his rookie year.

Revis was THAT good, Millner will never be half the player Revis is, but he doesn't need to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    People are downplaying how amazing Revis was since the second he started. His rookie year he was very impressive, but got tricked by some vet recievers his rookie year. Since his 2nd year he was the shutdown corner the best since deon.

He didn't get the pub until Ryan came in and said he was the best CB in football, but Ryan said that because it was already true. Ryan's system did allow him to showcase his talents more, but he was an island from his 2nd year, and a top 3 CB his rookie year.

Revis was THAT good, Millner will never be half the player Revis is, but he doesn't need to be.
    Revis was great in 07 and 08 but he wasn't elite, largely because he wasn't used properly. Rex didn't just start the hype train when he arrived -- he also put Revis one on one with the other teams best receiver in a blitz heavy scheme. That's how we got Revis island -- it's also how we got the number one defense and number one pass defense (in yards and QB ratings against) in the league in '09.

Anyone know what kind of defense the Bucs are running these days? I'm curious how Revis will fit into it.