Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Willie Colon get with the program

Hey Willie Colon get with the program

Doesn't he realize he coming to the fourth best Oline in all of football last year.
    The QB, OC, RB, TE and the WR might have been the problem but not that Oline.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#axzz2aZ7fEonO

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Doesn't he realize he coming to the fourth best Oline in all of football last year.
    Not in pass protection they weren't. Not even close.

Jets Insider VIP
    How come no comments on the reports that Matt Flynns "popgun arm" haa the desperate Raidaz possibly reaching for T Bray or T Price as their starter?

Maybe you missed that on nfl.com and cbs sports while flailing about searching for Willie Colon news

What's wrong with saying the OL needs to play better? If you asked the LB's wouldn't they say the same thing? Wouldn't Cromartie say the same thing? Everybody always needs to play better, it goes without saying.

Hey, Raitard90210.

Want Sanchez? You gimps can have him for a 1st rounder. Straight up!

Hall Of Fame
    Hopefully Winters and Peterman emerge as the starting Guards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Hey, Raitard90210.

Want Sanchez? You gimps can have him for a 1st rounder. Straight up!
    Good point

Sanchez>>>>>> Flynn, Bray and all the rest of Team Dreck's QB fiasco combined

It wasnt the issue but they took a lot of blame for a QB that held onto the ball forever and a RB that never made it past the 1st blocker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hopefully Winters and Peterman emerge as the starting Guards.
    Hmm, I'm actually hoping for Colon and Winter. Would've been nice if we could've signed Colon's teammate from Pittsburgh as well, Max Starks. I think Howard is below average tbh

All League
    Winters is going to win a starting job

I think it will be

Ferguson-Winters-Mangold-Colon-Howard

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post

I think it will be

Agreed

Veteran

I think it will be

Agree and if it doesn't work out that way I'll be disappointed that Winters couldn't beat out Peterman.
    I really like the Colon signing because I've followed him his whole career (unfortunately my brother is a die hard steelers fan) And the big IF is IF he can stay healthy. Can play RT in a pinch but is much better suited to G. This guy can dominate inside when he's on his game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    What's wrong with saying the OL needs to play better? If you asked the LB's wouldn't they say the same thing? Wouldn't Cromartie say the same thing? Everybody always needs to play better, it goes without saying.
    If Colon or anyone on the Jets had said that the OL is great and has nothing to be concerned about, Raidah would have started a thread saying how over-confident the Jets OL was and that they sucked last year. 30th in pass protection. He's so transparent.

Hey 90210 Winters is coming!! We will have one of the most EXPLOSIVE OLs in football!!

If Colon played well enough at one point to pry $30 mil from the Rooneys, then he definitely had some serious skill at one point. Hopefully he's not on his last legs and can recover most of that.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Nothing wrong with that but there were people on this board who think more of Profootball Focus opinion( none of those guys ever worked in an nfl FO). I guess Rex Ryan and Willie Colon don't know what they are talking about because they don't share Profootball focus opinion on Jets Oline last year.( what does Rex Ryan mean they underachieved bigtime last year. NOw honestly do you think Rex Ryan believes the Oline wasn't a problem in 2012. ( why they addresses that position in the offseason)

2013 we have to see if Jets improved their Oline. We don't know that answer. again just don't try and peddle the fact that 2012 Oline was very good- don't insult anyone intelligence with nonsense like that.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-30-2013 at 08:30 PM.

The raiders suck and have sucked for the longest time now... the end. Go back to rooting for your trash team now.

Veteran
    I watched him play just about every snap last year. For some reason I like breaking down the Olineman when I watch games. Colon was an absolute monster in the run game and above average at pass blocking.

He can pull extremely well in short box situations/trap plays. He can easily play RT if injuries happen but he will struggle with speed rushers, and a combo of penalties. Which is why I feel he is much more suited for guard. If he can stay healthy he will be a big improvement over Moore. Moore was a great Jet but has been losing it the last couple of years. Not surprised he is not signed yet.

And oh yeah...90210 get a clue and just leave.
    Last edited by RobR; 07-30-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Forgot

All League

I think it will be

Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nothing wrong with that but there were people on this board who think more of Profootball Focus opinion( none of those guys ever worked in an nfl FO). I guess Rex Ryan and Willie Colon don't know what they are talking about because they don't share Profootball focus opinion on Jets Oline last year.( what does Rex Ryan mean they underachieved bigtime last year. NOw honestly do you think Rex Ryan believes the Oline wasn't a problem in 2012.

2013 we have to see if Jets improved their Oline. We don't know that answer. again just don't try and peddle the fact that 2012 Oline was very good- don't insult anyone intelligence with nonsense like that.
    Did we field a Top 5 OL last year?

No, I don't buy that.

But the unit wasn't terrible either like some make it out to be.

A lot of the sacks that were given up were Sanchez' own doing. The kid holds onto the ball forever, has basically no internal clock, and has evidently never heard of the concept of throwing the ball away.

There were also plenty of times where I saw the OL (specifically Moore and Austin on the right side) open up some monster holes in the running game only to have Shonn Greene pull his clueless bullsh*t where he would run into the back of one of them and stumble ahead for 2-3 yards.

1. Sanchez
    2. Sparano
    3. The receiving corps

Those were the main culprits for last seasons debacle. Not the OL.