Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Week 2 update. Looks like no chance GronK will play

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Week 2 update. Looks like no chance GronK will play

    No search feature, so I started a thread.


    Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots
    Rob Gronkowski (back surgery) has attended most training camp practices in street clothes.
    Players that are active/PUP usually dress out so they can do rehab. Gronk's attire proves he's not even at that stage of his recovery yet. We have to follow clues like this because both the Patriots and Gronkowski himself are refusing to talk to the media about his progress until he is activated. Beat writer Ben Volin says the "likeliest course of action" for the franchise will be to keep Gronk on reserve/PUP, meaning he'll be inactive for the first six regular season games.
    Source: Boston Globe Aug 4 - 12:11 PM
    Player Outlook
    Game Log
    Career Stats
    In-season Projections
    Ballard can't be counted on either. We may have to deal with the unstoppable Zach Sudfield

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just took a look at some stats and the Pats were 7th in the league in rushing last year. They are going to need every bit of that this year. Edelman and Amendola aren't going to scare anybody. Ballard is underrated but is coming back from an injury.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure they led they led the NFL in rushing attempts

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Pretty sure they led they led the NFL in rushing attempts
    Close. They were second. SEA beat them by 13 attempts.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    No search feature, so I started a thread.




    Ballard can't be counted on either. We may have to deal with the unstoppable Zach Sudfield
    Or even better yet... TIM TEBOW

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure this is news. I think even Cheater fans knew that Glasstowski would start the year sitting it out. Edleman's a jag, but I wouldn't write off Amendola IF he can stay healthy with Brady throwing the ball.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Close. They were second. SEA beat them by 13 attempts.
    Amazing, in a league where you have to throw to win

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Pretty sure they led they led the NFL in rushing attempts
    As much as hate to admit it, as long as Tom Brady is under center they will be a force to be reckoned with. He could have had our receivers from last year and still won 11 games.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    As much as hate to admit it, as long as Tom Brady is under center they will be a force to be reckoned with. He could have had our receivers from last year and still won 11 games.
    Sure, but they are not the same scary offense. They will have to prove they can beat you deep, because they haven't done it in so long. And they took some big hits to the short passing game

  10. #10
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's too early to be forecasting whom is going to be playing week 2. Brady went down week one once remember. Last report I read on Gronkowski was that he started rehabing and strength training on 7/10. This seems to be a reporter guessing that since Gronkowski is in street clothes he's not rehabbing. He's just guessing. We all know the Patriots don't release injury information so we'll just have to wait and see.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I just took a look at some stats and the Pats were 7th in the league in rushing last year. They are going to need every bit of that this year. Edelman and Amendola aren't going to scare anybody. Ballard is underrated but is coming back from an injury.
    They have two darkhorse WRs who are making noise, Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins. One of them will start over Edelman, IMO. And, FWIW, I wanted the Jets to pick up both.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I just took a look at some stats and the Pats were 7th in the league in rushing last year. They are going to need every bit of that this year. Edelman and Amendola aren't going to scare anybody. Ballard is underrated but is coming back from an injury.
    I think having TEs that can block and catch might help out a running game. Maybe not having an extra db in the game, or not having two TEs in will be detrimental to the Pats running.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think having TEs that can block and catch might help out a running game. Maybe not having an extra db in the game, or not having two TEs in will be detrimental to the Pats running.
    NO NO NO!!! The run game has NOTHING to do with the passing game! Just ask ANY Pasts* fan!

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news. This will give Gronk plenty of time to visit Hernandez in the Bristol House of Corrections. Oh and time to write him letters as well.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    They have two darkhorse WRs who are making noise, Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins. One of them will start over Edelman, IMO. And, FWIW, I wanted the Jets to pick up both.
    Tompkins was undrafted, so we could have, but I think we made better choices. Dobson is nothing special, and I would have liked him in the 4th, not the 2nd. Good height, good speed, but not very physical, or fluid. Small hands like Geno. Not too much production in college either.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Tompkins was undrafted, so we could have, but I think we made better choices. Dobson is nothing special, and I would have liked him in the 4th, not the 2nd. Good height, good speed, but not very physical, or fluid. Small hands like Geno. Not too much production in college either.
    I hope Zach Rogers can be just as good or better than Thompkins. As for Dobson, he's not a gamebreaker, but runs pretty good routes and has ultra-reliable hands. His lack of college production probably stemmed from the fact that he had absolutely nothing around him. He's the type of guy Belichick thrives with.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although we did better against the run down the stretch last season, we still let up a few big runs and aside from Chris Johnson didn't really face a decent running back in those final five games, so until we can prove we can stop the run they'll shove it down our throats. They also have Amendola, Edelman, Ballard will be there and that guy #12.

    Oh, and he has five weeks to get back. Still plenty of time he can make it.

    We always play New England tough in the first match-up of the year though before getting smacked in the mouth in the second one. Could be an interesting game.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its very likely that when the Jets play the Patriots win week 2, the Patriots will be without their top 5 receivers from last year (Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead and Lloyd). I'm not saying the Jets will win, but it'll be a much weaker offense than the last time they faced off.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Its very likely that when the Jets play the Patriots win week 2, the Patriots will be without their top 5 receivers from last year (Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead and Lloyd). I'm not saying the Jets will win, but it'll be a much weaker offense than the last time they faced off.
    And they WISH they had our Defense.

    Honest question. And I don't care that they have Brady, they were NOT planning on having this kind of upheaval with their Receiving...
    Can they continue to give up 30 points a game and STILL score more points?

    I don't think there's any way.

    If they can hold teams to 15 PPG, maybe... but I think anyone who knows anything knows that's not gonna happen. (unless they can drug the other teams which is definitely possible)

  20. #20
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And they WISH they had our Defense.

    Honest question. And I don't care that they have Brady, they were NOT planning on having this kind of upheaval with their Receiving...
    Can they continue to give up 30 points a game and STILL score more points?

    I don't think there's any way.

    If they can hold teams to 15 PPG, maybe... but I think anyone who knows anything knows that's not gonna happen. (unless they can drug the other teams which is definitely possible)
    Surely you do realize the Patriots defense was top 10 in points per game allowed last year...? If you are going to go off on how much the Pats' D sucks at least be bright enough to use facts you can realistically contort to somehow support your argument.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us