Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 241

Thread: New and Notes - Training Camp 07/31

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Exactly, except for the bold. Being "consistently better than Mark Sanchez" does not = "ready to start in the NFL". Sanchez is a poor, poor benchmark to use for that judgment
    Came here to say that.

    Would love to know what the sentiment of the team is right now. Could be contributing to both QB's play in a pretty big way.

  2. #222
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Sure you can. It's very easy, when your draft pick comes up, you say "I pick XXX QB".

    Now, to caveat this, I'm not suggesting that you start Smith, and if he doesn't win 12 games you cut him and move on.

    I'm saying that you start Smith, and if he does not show Idzik (not us, Idzik) enough that Idzik does not belive he is a franchise-quality QB in the making, then yes, you draft another one and hope for better.




    Quite a few QB's struggle in their first experience as an NFL QB, and writing Sanchez off if he struggles is a terible idea.

    Except it wouldn't have been, as it turns out.

    Again, same could be said for Clausen. You really want to pass on a Newton, because you already have a Clausen? Because lets be clear, no one thinks Smith is a sure-fire can't miss franchise QB.
    Great post, and YES we can draft another QB next year.
    If Geno shows some progression, he can also be in the mix come TC next year.
    Drafting a QB is not like it used to be. The days of the mega signing bonus is long gone.

    Thank you Rookie Salary Cap.

  3. #223
    I sure hope Ivory can come back from this hamstring thing. We have to have a running game to be successful.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    KRL made mention that Geno looked better then Sanchez.
    He said that he looked better the 2nd day.

    Anyway, this is not about who actually looked better, if Geno looked better, great, I'm excited about what I'm hearing about Geno, but I'm not going to sit here and allow the agenda of too many corrupt the competition on the board or not frown upon the media for doing the same.

    I want the guy who wins and earns the job, if it is Smith, fantastic, I just don't want him rushed.

    I'll say this, it's exciting to hear statements made from teammates about what Geno can do and the dynamic presence he brings to the QB position. I think Rex is enamored with the single option, and what the modern QB's today in players like Kaepernick, RGIII, Newton bring to the game, I think Rex likes it because he knows how hard it is to defend it, and Geno is obviously showing to be of the same mold of QB's. It's also apparent that Geno is impressing with BOTH his physical ability as a QB and also his mental ability in learning and running the offense.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The agenda is to win Ray.
    People that think Mark sucks (me), well, we just want to win and think Mark is the wrong direction to go.
    Todays practice solidifies that. If you need real life game samples, there is an abundance of that too.

    Dont make it out like you are fan #1 because you hype up whatever crap the FO puts on the field, and the rest of us who question certain players are the anti-Jet.
    Yeah, thanks, I'm well aware of what the objective is.

    I'm the #1 fan? What the hell does that have to do with anything? This isn't about me, and never has been.

    It's funny you ***** about me hyping everything up, yet I'm one of a few that thinks Sanchez deserves better from what should be a smarter fan base, you would think I would be hyping up Smith.

    Bottomline, like I just said, whoever wins, and earns the job, that's what I want, and I don't want to see Smith rushed, if he isn't ready, all because fans don't know any better and want nothing to do with Sanchez no matter what. Relying on the idiots in the media is just wrong, they are feeding this competition, and corrupting it.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-01-2013 at 01:18 AM.

  6. #226
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yeah, thanks, I'm well aware of what the objective is.

    I'm the #1 fan? What the hell does that have to do with anything? This isn't about me, and never has been.

    It's funny you ***** about me hyping everything up, yet I'm one of a few that thinks Sanchez deserves better from what should be a smarter fan base, you would think I would be hyping up Smith.

    Bottomline, like I just said, whoever wins, and earns the job, that's what I want, and I don't want to see Smith rushed, if he isn't ready, all because fans don't know anybody and want nothing to do with Sanchez no matter what. Relying on the idiots in the media is just wrong, they are feeding this competition, and corrupting it.
    I can agree to disagree. There is nothing wrong with your opinion.

    I just hope you dont think i hold a personal dislike with Mark sanchez. Believe it or not, its the opposite. I really wish he were a GREAT qb, and we could spend our time on different issues.

    May the best man win, i truly mean that, and if its Mark, im behind him 100%.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I can agree to disagree. There is nothing wrong with your opinion.

    I just hope you dont think i hold a personal dislike with Mark sanchez. Believe it or not, its the opposite. I really wish he were a GREAT qb, and we could spend our time on different issues.

    May the best man win, i truly mean that, and if its Mark, im behind him 100%.

  8. #228
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,079
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathPimp View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73 55s
    Stephen Hill says he's watched film from last year and had 3 drops. On rep for having dropsies? "That's people's opinion, not fact." #Jets
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathPimp View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN now
    Geno Smith looked decent in team drills. Mark Sanchez struggled with an INT. Also had a TD and a dropped TD (Stephen Hill) #nyj
    Fact.

    If he brings the dropsies from 2012 into 2013 we're in big trouble.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Great post, and YES we can draft another QB next year.
    If Geno shows some progression, he can also be in the mix come TC next year.
    Drafting a QB is not like it used to be. The days of the mega signing bonus is long gone.

    Thank you Rookie Salary Cap.
    Honestly, it depends what's there, and how Geno Smith does. If he throws 12 TDs/12 INTs and 57%, and the Jets draft about 10th, probably not worthwhile to draft another QB, If the Jets have a chance to get a legit franchise QB, then, of course, they should take it.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If Geno looks like Clausen in his first year then yes, address the position ASAP.

    The problem will be that I dont think Geno will look THAT bad for the Jets to make that determination, plus I am not sure there will be a QB in next years draft that is going to be THAT much better than Geno was coming out.
    I still have so much hate for Clausen and his gay spiky hair. He reeked of bad attitude IMO. I loved it when Smith almost knocked his head off. Never understood the Clausen hype. Struggled in college and people made it out like he was a Heisman hopeful. His play never warranted even a consideration IMO. His last year was OK but nothing worth that much hype. Quinn looked better and we all saw how that turned out. Not sure what people saw in him.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Fact.

    If he brings the dropsies from 2012 into 2013 we're in big trouble.
    I just can't read and believe a line from a beat reporter who was just talking to one of his other beat reporter buddies, glanced up, saw what he thought was a drop and tweeted about it

    Not sure how this ish is taken as gospel, to be quite honest...

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Fact.

    If he brings the dropsies from 2012 into 2013 we're in big trouble.
    Possible Fact.

    There will be more Targets toward Kerley, Braylon, and Winslow(or maybe even Gates), then there would be for Hill.

  13. #233
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Great post, and YES we can draft another QB next year.
    If Geno shows some progression, he can also be in the mix come TC next year.
    Drafting a QB is not like it used to be. The days of the mega signing bonus is long gone.

    Thank you Rookie Salary Cap.
    Exactly the reason. Yes. If only it was there when Sanchez was drafted.

  14. #234
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    I'm excited about what I'm hearing about Geno, but I'm not going to sit here and allow the agenda of too many corrupt the competition on the board or not frown upon the media for doing the same.
    So, you're some sort of message board patrol cop?

  15. #235
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I still have so much hate for Clausen and his gay spiky hair. He reeked of bad attitude IMO. I loved it when Smith almost knocked his head off. Never understood the Clausen hype. Struggled in college and people made it out like he was a Heisman hopeful. His play never warranted even a consideration IMO. His last year was OK but nothing worth that much hype. Quinn looked better and we all saw how that turned out. Not sure what people saw in him.
    Agree 1000%. He did nothing while at Note Dame, he was hyped because he played for ND under Charlie Weiss and people thought he was so "pro ready" because he played in a Weiss offense. Weiss was a massive failure at ND, and so was Clausen.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So, you're some sort of message board patrol cop?
    He wishes.

    What he is is utterly intolerant of any opinions or viewpoints that are not in jackbooted lockstep with him own unrelenatingly positive positions on the issues of the day involving this team. When he encouters contrary opinion, he does not debate them with facts or supported positions, he bludgeons them instead with insults and rudeness. He is an example of the worst a message board can offer, the man shouting down rational discourse with blind volume and aggression.

  17. #237
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    He wishes.

    What he is is utterly intolerant of any opinions or viewpoints that are not in jackbooted lockstep with him own unrelenatingly positive positions on the issues of the day involving this team. When he encouters contrary opinion, he does not debate them with facts or supported positions, he bludgeons them instead with insults and rudeness. He is an example of the worst a message board can offer, the man shouting down rational discourse with blind volume and aggression.
    Spot on. Thank you.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So, you're some sort of message board patrol cop?
    I see your time away hasn't helped you in the douchebag department. If SOJF can blaze the forum with the mantra of anti-Sanchez crap, I can call them out for it. That is the spirit of a message board.

    You also continue to master the concept of irony.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    He wishes.

    What he is is utterly intolerant of any opinions or viewpoints that are not in jackbooted lockstep with him own unrelenatingly positive positions on the issues of the day involving this team. When he encouters contrary opinion, he does not debate them with facts or supported positions, he bludgeons them instead with insults and rudeness. He is an example of the worst a message board can offer, the man shouting down rational discourse with blind volume and aggression.
    Wrong as usual, but your post does bring to question, the irony of it, and why you are no longer a board mod. Your arrogance and self-righteousness was always going to be your undoing.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-01-2013 at 01:35 PM.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wrong as usual, but your post does bring to question, the irony of it, and why you are no longer a board mod. Your arrogance and self-righteousness was always going to be your undoing.
    Truth hurts some day, mate. I've told you many times over the years, you'd be a good dude if you could just come to understand that not everyone is going to share your opinion, nor do they have to, nor do they need you to insult them to try and coerce them to. No one questions your fandom Ray. We question your constant and consistent e-roadrage here.

    To answer your question, I'm not a Mod because I quit. The circumstances of the why has been covered ad neasuem at this tage, but be assured, it was my choice and mine alone.

    And yes, I am both arrogant and self-rightious, painfully so at times. The difference between you and I is I can admit my flaws.

    Have a nice day Ray.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us