Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Notes - Training Camp 07/31

All League
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 33s
    Final QB stats: Sanchez, with starting unit: 3-for-10, 1 INT, 2 near-INTs, 1 drop on would-be TD to Hill. Geno 6-for-9, 2 sacks. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 33s
    Final QB stats: Sanchez, with starting unit: 3-for-10, 1 INT, 2 near-INTs, 1 drop on would-be TD to Hill. Geno 6-for-9, 2 sacks. #Jets
    Sanchez is such a piece of ****. It's still early, but Geno has to be the favorite right now. He's simply outperformed Sanchez.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1m

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 19s
    Sanchez was 3/10 with a TD, INT and drop. Geno was 4/5 with a sack. #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN now
    Geno Smith looked decent in team drills. Mark Sanchez struggled with an INT. Also had a TD and a dropped TD (Stephen Hill) #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I don't think that was the intent at all, despite the blown-out-of-proportions response to it.

A desire to see our QB's hit their WR"s in stride in not a bad thing.

A desire to see OUR QB, specificly Mark Sanchez, hit his WR's in stride....is to be expected, given exactly how horrible he has been at doing just that over the course of his career here.

The fact the specific play in question was later revealed to be a long in-endzone TD does not change the desire I believe was expressed in the comment, that it would be nice to see our QB's be able to hit their WR's in-stride far more often, reducing the requirements to "lay out full" just to make routine complentions.

Of course alay-out TD is good. An in-stride TD is better, if only because it displays superior accuracy (and/or abillity of a WR to get open) than one that requires laying out.
    Come on already!!

Unless a WR has run for day lite it may require a WR making a play on a 40 yard TD PASS!!!

Ummm who in their right mind doesn't want a QB to hit a WR in stride!! Is that what I said or that it doesn't matter????

Indeed it was stated in the ORIGINAL TWEETS that the passes were long td passes..

You want to hate on all things Sanchez that is your perogative. But please don't get upset when I wont join in!!

GOOD GRIEF!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 07-31-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73 3m
    As @lh987FM just said to me, this #Jets defense has a bit of an attitude to it. (A good thing). From the first-teamers all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

I agree 100%

Ummm absolute INSANITY!!!

Now folks are saying TD passes to various WRS are no Good; when in point of fact NO ONE here on this board has even seen these passes yet are passing negative judgment...

Good Grief!!!
    Thing is SNY has camp video and we've seen Sanchez throw passes for 4 seasons to wr who have consistently had to make big adjustments and acrobatic catches for poorly place balls.

It may have been a beautiful pass which was placed where it had to be. However, Mark doesn't seem get the benefit of the doubt anymore, and for good reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wait a minute. Sanchez is playing horrible and will not be the starter week 1?

Who could have possibly predicted this?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

I just hope that whoever starts, wins!

First one was easy to predict. You just interpolate how he played before.
    Second was dependent on Geno. Looks like kid got something.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathPimp View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN now
    Geno Smith looked decent in team drills. Mark Sanchez struggled with an INT. Also had a TD and a dropped TD (Stephen Hill) #nyj
    You know, i really wish the jets beat the bills 10-6 last season opener.
    Hill made me so happy, and gave me so much hope, now, well, the guy seems like he is not going to get it.

Practice, i know. But there is a definite theme that Hill is putting out there.

Practice Squad
    I just wanted to make one observation....everyone is hating on sanchez and its justified...BUT after a few days in which the O looked pretty dam good, it was nice to see OUR D step up and play better!!! There are 2 sides to this, a pick by Sanchez is bad for him, but its good for Cro...just saying

All League
    Man I am just ready to see these 2 perform with my own two eyes in the preseason. But from all accounts, Geno definitely is winning this competition so far.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Man I am just ready to see these 2 perform with my own two eyes in the preseason. But from all accounts, Geno definitely is winning this competition so far.
    Do you think the starter preseason game 1 will be indicative of who has the lead?
    The action is really heating up.

IF Mark loses out to Geno, on a level playing field, i will have lost even that much more respect for him.

Anybody know if this was caught? Cro PI'ing Kerley because he cant hang.

#FreeTheKerley

Last edited by sdJETSetter; 07-31-2013 at 12:51 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Do you think the starter preseason game 1 will be indicative of who has the lead?
    The action is really heating up.

IF Mark loses out to Geno, on a level playing field, i will have lost even that much more respect for him.
    I wouldn't really take that much into account. If it happens to be Mark, then Geno will absolutely start the 2nd game and vice versa. I think after those two, whoever has the lead, will get the nod for game 3 where the starters see most of the action.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73 55s
    Stephen Hill says he's watched film from last year and had 3 drops. On rep for having dropsies? "That's people's opinion, not fact." #Jets

Jets Insider VIP

Implying you're the only one who predicted this.

Implying messageboard gloating is cool.

All League
    After reading all the tweets the best thing I'm getting out of it is Geno
    continues to show that he may start slowly but he recovers and picks
    up his performance. I wonder will Sanchez be able to respond to the
    challenge or will his performance continue to nosedive? Because he
    was very confident he would win this competition

Hall Of Fame
    Rex Ryan presser about to start on Jets website