Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Notes - Training Camp 07/31

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Lol, my thoughts as well. That they laid out 40 yards down the field in the end zone is lost on them I guess.
    And as was said, they're running 1 on 1's, have to throw whether they
    re covered or not. They're not trying to save the QBs #'s

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Except that Jet fans have watched this movie before. They have watched Sanchez struggle in camp, in pre season and then in the regular season. If going 3 for 10 was some sort of anomaly then I would agree with the over reaction aspect, but this has unfortunately become too common place with Mark. He is beyond any benefit of the doubt right now. The perception is the reality in this situation. Mark will have to make huge strides for that to be reversed.
    I don't disagree, but these days, I'm not trusting what the jackals covering this team are feeding us.

I haven't seen any of this crap with guys I think we all agree we can trust when KRL was up at camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

Is there an avenda against Brady or Manning or Rodgers or Brees? No, because they don't give anyone the ammo to use against them. Sanchez consistently does.
    Come on. Dont you realize that is bc they don't play for the Jets. The entire national media thinks of ways to sh*t on the Jets. Haven't you figured that out by now?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

I agree 100%

Ummm absolute INSANITY!!!

Now folks are saying TD passes to various WRS are no Good; when in point of fact NO ONE here on this board has even seen these passes yet are passing negative judgment...

Good Grief!!!
    Because we all know it couldn't have been due to good coverage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And as was said, they're running 1 on 1's, have to throw whether they
    re covered or not. They're not trying to save the QBs #'s
    This is why tweeting TC stats is stupid. There is no context and most fans don't understand the drills.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I know what's going on, I don't need an update from somebody who also isn't at camp.

You missed my point.

The agenda of some are painfully ridiculous. Monitoring the twitter reaction of fans and bloggers with obvious agenda is shameless, the same crap is happening on this board.

The media is picking up on it and now feeding it.
    The agenda is to win Ray.
    People that think Mark sucks (me), well, we just want to win and think Mark is the wrong direction to go.
    Todays practice solidifies that. If you need real life game samples, there is an abundance of that too.

Dont make it out like you are fan #1 because you hype up whatever crap the FO puts on the field, and the rest of us who question certain players are the anti-Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez had his first poor practice after a solid start to camp.

the positive from this is that, even when Sanchez is playing well, Geno seems to be playing better.

so at the end of the day, if we go with Geno as the starter, it's because he's showing he can play and not (just) because Sanchez is playing poorly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    47 people watching practice all say Smith looked really good and Sanchez pretty much stunk up the joint

Sanchez's unpaid attorney and personal relations flack Baghdad RayRay says "It's not TRUE I tell you, Saddam err I mean Sanchez turned back the evil infidel Geno and emerged VICTORIOUS!!!!"

Three practices in a row, ray ALL won by Smith in this "competition" as reported by KRL, K-ro, Carlton and ALL the beat reporters and ALL the national media to

Everyone but YOU who wasn't there and probably your associate defender in his BMW who isn't HERE OR THERE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathPimp View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73 55s
    Stephen Hill says he's watched film from last year and had 3 drops. On rep for having dropsies? "That's people's opinion, not fact." #Jets
    Good for Hill. The media had an agenda with saying he had the "dropsies", and most fans bit on it. When you look at his season as a whole, the sample size is way too small to draw any accurate conclusions, so people just remember that drop against the Cheaters and it fits the convenient "dropsies" narrative.

When receivers make a very good athletic catch, as Hill did a couple of times last year, the media doesn't start the narrative that he has the "stickies". It's an unfortunate double standard.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 4m
    Sanchez having an awful practice. Geno looks very good #NYJ
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathPimp View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1m
    Final QB stats: Sanchez, with starting unit: 3-for-10, 1 INT, 2 near-INTs, 1 drop on would-be TD to Hill. Geno 6-for-9, 2 sacks. #Jets
    Seth Walder
    In 7on7s today, both QBs looking pretty poor. Geno especially. #nyj
    11:33AM EDT
    Love tweets, WTF

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is why tweeting TC stats is stupid. There is no context and most fans don't understand the drills.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-31-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Sanchez had his first poor practice after a solid start to camp.

the positive from this is that, even when Sanchez is playing well, Geno seems to be playing better.

so at the end of the day, if we go with Geno as the starter, it's because he's showing he can play and not (just) because Sanchez is playing poorly.
    Most level-headed poster on the board, well said. Both QB's are playing well against a defense that has a lot of talent, and our rookie is shining

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex on wildcat: I do think it is here to stay.

I think if you listen to the breadth of those comments you will get a different opinion. I think wildcat=read option and Rex wants to run it with the QB that is out there, which is not Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I'm a fan of Geno, but doing those types of plays with him in there doesn't really fit his skillset. He's fast, sure, but he's not some beast who can run through linebackers.

Brad Smith was an odd dude who could pull it off but he had a special talent with it. Smith couldn't throw though.

Geno is more of a Rodgers type in that he can run well when things break down, but that's it.
    Agree, But judicious use of the read option like they did with Russell Wilson last year to add another element to the offense that is difficult to defend, especially if it is the pass of the read option against the vacating safety that RG3 tore teams up with last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Said it before, I don't want Geno running. He isn't RG3 at all, and the dude looks like he skipped leg day. How long do you think that lasts? Just let him be what he naturally is: a pure pocket passer who runs for the sidelines only when absolutely necessary, ala Rodgers.
    RG3 looks like he skipped with Geno in that area. Maybe why he has snapped his ACL a few times.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I think if you listen to the breadth of those comments you will get a different opinion. I think wildcat=read option and Rex wants to run it with the QB that is out there, which is not Sanchez
    I agree. But if I had my druthers we would just run Marty's offense and forget about the wildcat/read option/spread option/pistol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i got the same impression.

when asked about the failed "Tebowcat" last year, Rex answered directly in saying that if all you're gonna do from that formation is run, you'd run it with a RB and not a QB.

i think Rex envisions a Wildcat/Pistol/Read-Option with the QB as the centerpiece.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    RG3 looks like he skipped with Geno in that area. Maybe why he has snapped his ACL a few times.
    Exactly, when did RG3 become think in the legs?

And when did that become important?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I know what's going on, I don't need an update from somebody who also isn't at camp.

You missed my point.

The agenda of some are painfully ridiculous. Monitoring the twitter reaction of fans and bloggers with obvious agenda is shameless, the same crap is happening on this board.

The media is picking up on it and now feeding it.
    Damn Ray you keep talking about "agenda". People's agendas here are to improve at the QB position since Mark is horrid, and have the Jets win more games. It is not an agenda to notice that the reports for Geno are pretty much glowing and for Mark pretty bad. It is also by the far the most important position on the team. So if wanting the rookie QB to start who is outplaying the 5 year veteran, has twice the arm strength, and a franchise QB level as a ceiling, then I hope every Jets fan has an "agenda"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I agree that some fans go overboard with hating Sanchez, but the media thing is false. They WANT Mark to start. If he starts, they get way more headlines to call us jokers and clowns with.

At the end off the day, Mark just isn't that good. He's a below average-average talent that got drafted way too high. He's not a franchise QB and now it's time to move on. Has nothing to do with hating him, either. I like him as a guy and would have a beer with him anytime. Unfortunately, his play just isn't that good.

Next man up.
    And his parents are super nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    47 people watching practice all say Smith looked really good and Sanchez pretty much stunk up the joint

Sanchez's unpaid attorney and personal relations flack Baghdad RayRay says "It's not TRUE I tell you, Saddam err I mean Sanchez turned back the evil infidel Geno and emerged VICTORIOUS!!!!"

Three practices in a row, ray ALL won by Smith in this "competition" as reported by KRL, K-ro, Carlton and ALL the beat reporters and ALL the national media to

Everyone but YOU who wasn't there and probably your associate defender in his BMW who isn't HERE OR THERE
    Dude, wtf? Seriously.

Just disagree and move on. You're ready to lash out at anyone and everyone that doesn't share your view lately. Maybe take a few days off from posting? We've all been there at some point or another. Helps to reset.