Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Notes - Training Camp 07/31

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I don't disagree, but these days, I'm not trusting what the jackals covering this team are feeding us.

I haven't seen any of this crap with guys I think we all agree we can trust when KRL was up at camp.
    KRL made mention that Geno looked better then Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    We all know Geno is fast, can't they do option plays like RGIII does?
    I'd rather he ran around to buy time to throw or pick up an easy ten yards when the coverage is nowhere near him. Mr. Smith from all accounts is not a running qb. Speed and running ability is a good trait to possess but must be used wisely. We see running backs get injured all the time.

You did see what happened to RGIII last year right? Are you sure you want your QB playing as a part time RB? It's great until he's snapped in half, or becomes constantly plagued by injuries minor or else.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crimer View Post
    Was it Braylon or Rogers?
    It is hard to tell the difference between those two. Brothers from another mother.

In all seriousness, I'm guessing there were two different 40 yard TD passes. From Sanchez no less!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasplayfootball View Post
    Two times our WRs have to completely lay out to catch a Sanchez pass...smh
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    +1

It would be nice if our receivers did not have to make circus catches on every throw from Suckchez.

Some people just can't be satisfied. Unbelievable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathPimp View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN now
    Nick Folk filming special teams drills with an iPad. Never seen that before. #nyj
    That could be a Pasts* employee disguised as Nick Folk.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wait a minute. Sanchez is playing horrible and will not be the starter week 1?

Who could have possibly predicted this?
    Don't worry....we'll remind you when you're wrong yet again

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini now
    Sanchez picked by Cromartie on crossing route to Obomanu. Deflected. #Jets
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN now
    Antonio Cromartie picks off Sanchez's pass intended for Obomanu. #nyj
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73 now
    Cro picks off Sanchez on throw that Obomanu couldn't hold onto #Jets.
    Anyone see a difference?

Cimini and Mehta up to their old tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Except that Jet fans have watched this movie before. They have watched Sanchez struggle in camp, in pre season and then in the regular season. If going 3 for 10 was some sort of anomaly then I would agree with the over reaction aspect, but this has unfortunately become too common place with Mark. He is beyond any benefit of the doubt right now. The perception is the reality in this situation. Mark will have to make huge strides for that to be reversed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Some people just can't be satisfied. Unbelievable.
    Welcome back Jordy!! Good to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Good for Hill. The media had an agenda with saying he had the "dropsies", and most fans bit on it. When you look at his season as a whole, the sample size is way too small to draw any accurate conclusions, so people just remember that drop against the Cheaters and it fits the convenient "dropsies" narrative.

When receivers make a very good athletic catch, as Hill did a couple of times last year, the media doesn't start the narrative that he has the "stickies". It's an unfortunate double standard.
    I remember when Braylon came here people complained about his dropsies too. Braylon became a fan favorite and snagged a ton of high sanchez throws.

Wrs will drop passes, particularly raw ones during their rookie year from running college teams.

Qbs will make bad throws.
    RBs will hit the wrong whole.
    OL will miss blocks.
    D will misplays balls and miss tackles.

How they respond is what makes players average or great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex hesitant to say that Mark had a rough day. He will evaluate the tape while stroking his wife/Sanchez jersey tattoo.
    Fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I know what your point was. It is the same point you make in every post. Media has an agenda. Fans have schticks. Got it.
    We know your point as well. Sanchez sucks....start anyone not named Sanchez. Any complete pass by anyone other than Sanchez is a thing of beauty, and any pass completed by Sanchez only delays our future.

I'll be shocked if Sanchez is not starting the season. If he plays himself out of the position, so be it. No reason to start Geno right away....let the kid watch and learn a bit

Jets Insider VIP
    I know what your point was. It is the same point you make in every post. Media has an agenda. Fans have schticks. Got it.
    Perfect.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Don't worry....we'll remind you when you're wrong yet again
    You'll be nowhere to be found when im right...............................again.

Jets Insider VIP
    We know your point as well. Sanchez sucks....start anyone not named Sanchez. Any complete pass by anyone other than Sanchez is a thing of beauty, and any pass completed by Sanchez only delays our future.

I'll be shocked if Sanchez is not starting the season. If he plays himself out of the position, so be it. No reason to start Geno right away....let the kid watch and learn a bit
    This isnt 1980 anymore. Sitting does nothing for a guy who was a 3 year starter in college. He will learn this year, but it will be on the field.

I mean, Tannehill got great experience last year and he spent 3/4s of his college career as a wr.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The agenda is to win Ray.
    People that think Mark sucks (me), well, we just want to win and think Mark is the wrong direction to go.
    Todays practice solidifies that. If you need real life game samples, there is an abundance of that too.

Dont make it out like you are fan #1 because you hype up whatever crap the FO puts on the field, and the rest of us who question certain players are the anti-Jet.
    Spot on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You'll be nowhere to be found when im right...............................again.
    Don't make me dig up the tweets where you said the Jets would start Sanchez all season just so we could get a top 3 pick, and fire Rex

You're a Jets hater that calls himself a Jets fan

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    47 people watching practice all say Smith looked really good and Sanchez pretty much stunk up the joint

Sanchez's unpaid attorney and personal relations flack Baghdad RayRay says "It's not TRUE I tell you, Saddam err I mean Sanchez turned back the evil infidel Geno and emerged VICTORIOUS!!!!"

Three practices in a row, ray ALL won by Smith in this "competition" as reported by KRL, K-ro, Carlton and ALL the beat reporters and ALL the national media to

Everyone but YOU who wasn't there and probably your associate defender in his BMW who isn't HERE OR THERE
    Wow. I leave for 6 months only to discover that sg has turned on Ray Ray.

And they said it would never happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Welcome back Jordy!! Good to see you.
    Thanks bro. The circumstances were a bit weird and all but fortunately I have a real life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't make me dig up the tweets where you said the Jets would start Sanchez all season just so we could get a top 3 pick, and fire Rex

You're a Jets hater that calls himself a Jets fan
    Since we drafted Geno, I have said he starts every game so we have 16 full games to make a determination on if he is going to be the answer, or we need to address qb in the 1st round of next years draft.

Thats being a fan. Your clamoring for a washed up, crappy qb to play this year is being a hater.