Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Riley Cooper, Eagle WR " I'll fight every N****R here"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hate to break it to you guys but I don't think any of the players are going to give a sh*t. Sure they will say whatever they think the right thing is to say to the media but opposing players were going to hit this guy as hard as they can anyways. Keep in mind when these guys look around in the huddle at any time they could be looking at a deadbeat dad, drunk, racist, wife beater, etc.

And Vick needs Cooper in order to have a good year and in turn make $$$$. He will get over this quickly assuming it even effected him in the first place.
    I hope you're right. It amazes me how much validity people give a word that lost its true meaning generations ago . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I hope you're right. It amazes me how much validity people give a word that lost its true meaning generations ago . . .
    Considering the fines and penalities for hits these days if anyone if after him they better be ready to pay for it. The days of body bag games are long gone. Sadly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick story. Not condoning his language but I once got in trouble at school for punching a kid that called my mother a name. When I got home my mother was pissed at me and I didn't understand why. She told me that the only power words have is the power you give them (or something to that effect).

Admittedly I am not black so I cannot fully relate to the power and history of that word.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick and Avant have made statements:

from PFT
    Vick (Mike not Marcus) forgives Riley Cooper

Now that Eagles receiver Riley Cooper, Eaglers owner Jeffrey Lurie, the league, and non-NFL player Marcus Vick have said their piece regarding Cooper’s horribly racist remark, it’s time for the guys who actually put on the pads and play with Cooper to chime in.

Quarterback Mike Vick told reporters, via Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com, “as a teammate I forgave [Cooper].”

“I know what type of person he is,” Vick said of Cooper. “That’s what makes it hard to understand but easy to forgive him.”

Mike Vick also disagrees with his brother’s remarks about Cooper, saying that Marcus should “not show a level of ignorance himself.”

Receiver Jason Avant also forgave Cooper. “I just know him,” Avant said. “He’s not racist.”

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to break it to you guys but I don't think any of the players are going to give a sh*t. Sure they will say whatever they think the right thing is to say to the media but opposing players were going to hit this guy as hard as they can anyways. Keep in mind when these guys look around in the huddle at any time they could be looking at a deadbeat dad, drunk, racist, wife beater, etc.

And Vick needs Cooper in order to have a good year and in turn make $$$$. He will get over this quickly assuming it even effected him in the first place.
    Don't agree with his actions or the use of the word in any context, but you are 100% right... remember, there was a time when people thought when Vick was coming into the league that he might get some "special treatment" from football-loving dog-owners. Well, it turns out he did get some treatment, but that came from his scrambling play, there's no evidence any player in the league gave him a cheap shot or treated him any differently.

I think there's too much at stake on the field and careers, too much physicality, and too many things to worry about that he's going to take any special hits, especially in this league today. When 11 men line up against 11 men at the pro level, you're not thinking about what some random dude said in the media.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    ibeleive the proper term is negro

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone says the Jets are headed for 1-15 this season I think the Eagles are the team that's headed for 1-15. Maclin injured, Vick is the last f'n qb you ever want running Chip Kelly's offense and everyone else in their division is better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If black people stopped saying it to each other, then maybe other races might follow. Probably not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Should be a fun time in the Eagle locker room today.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Go, Gators! RT @Deadspin: Eagles WR Riley Cooper at Kenny Chesney concert: "I will fight every n---- here" http://deadsp.in/0moBZaB

Here is the link to video and story.

http://t.co/dv6vDibthb
    The guy was drunk. He wasn't using it to make generalizations about a race. A black security guard angered him and it was directed toward the guy and probably other security guards involved in the incident, towards particular individuals. We shouldn't aspire to use it, but I don't see this as a huge deal. White media goes overboard with this stuff, listen to mic'd up stuff, black players reference each other as this word continually.

His teammates should let this go....
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 07-31-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The guy was drunk. He wasn't using it to make generalizations about a race. A black security guard angered him and it was directed toward the guy and probably other security guards involved in the incident, towards particular individuals. We shouldn't aspire to use it, but I don't see this as a huge deal. White media goes overboard with this stuff, listen to mic'd up stuff, black players reference each other as this word continually.

His teammates should let this go....
    They should but some of them won't.

Just 'cause Vick and some others "forgive" him, doesn't mean that the others have.

He's going to be in for some harsh treatment off-the-field by some of his teammates....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Admittedly I am not black so I cannot fully relate to the power and history of that word.
    Neither can most black people . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow, Hernandez, Cooper... Gators are douches....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick and Avant have made statements:

from PFT
    Vick (Mike not Marcus) forgives Riley Cooper

Now that Eagles receiver Riley Cooper, Eaglers owner Jeffrey Lurie, the league, and non-NFL player Marcus Vick have said their piece regarding Cooper’s horribly racist remark, it’s time for the guys who actually put on the pads and play with Cooper to chime in.

Quarterback Mike Vick told reporters, via Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com, “as a teammate I forgave [Cooper].”

“I know what type of person he is,” Vick said of Cooper. “That’s what makes it hard to understand but easy to forgive him.”

Mike Vick also disagrees with his brother’s remarks about Cooper, saying that Marcus should “not show a level of ignorance himself.”

Receiver Jason Avant also forgave Cooper. “I just know him,” Avant said. “He’s not racist.”
    That's all good as the players probably don't give a darn what Cooper said( all they care is can he help them win ,but the race baiters do care.
    This can be a major distraction all year for the Eagles as I expect to see rev Al stirring up trouble. The Eagles don't make a donation to Rev Al's foundation( extortion) than they can expect to see countless protests all year.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct and yes when a black man says it, it is just as ignorant.....I still do not consider him a racist for saying what he said..he made a very ignorant thing. I all of a sudden call him a racist is idiocy...if that was the case then everyone can be called a racist...regardless of skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    The last 99 times I heard that word it was from a black guy saying it....where's the thread on those? Doesn't make it right, just sayin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    If black people stopped saying it to each other, then maybe other races might follow. Probably not.
    You probably have a point. Here in the city I've seen white ,hispanic and even to my surprise some indians teens call each other that name. The influence of music is strong these days.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah this country is rapidly becoming a joke....big deal he said the n word...cry me a fking river! Its amazing how only one word can destroy someones career!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are 100 percent correct....I can recall being in high school in the 80's in NYC.....You call someone a faggot and it was big deal.....you say that today and it's a friggin hate crime.....yep society today is beyond absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Yeah this country is rapidly becoming a joke....big deal he said the n word...cry me a fking river! Its amazing how only one word can destroy someones career!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Not if Ellis said; I can kick every honky,cracker,peckerwood butt here.. Because he could even if the honky had a baseball bat..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Not if Ellis said; I can kick every honky,cracker,peckerwood butt here.. Because he could even if the honky had a baseball bat..
    f**kin' A.

how is this not on par with calling somebody a "creepy-ass cracker"?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are shocked and appalled by Riley Cooper's words," Lurie said in a statement.

Maybe save words like that for when one of your players shoots someone and leaves the body a mile from his house.