Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Riley Cooper, Eagle WR " I'll fight every N****R here"

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Riley is stupid, probably a racist, but who cares. Anyone who uses it sounds like an idiot, because its an idiotic word. Doesn't matter what race you are. Expand your vocabulary.

Much bigger issues in this world
    You realize you sound just as ignorant when you say a guy is a racist for using a word black people throw around WAY more loosely, right?

Bewildered Beast
    Hey, don't let me stop you from raising the bar, here, OC.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    You realize you sound just as ignorant when you say a guy is a racist for using a word black people throw around WAY more loosely, right?
    He said it in anger at a black security guard. Context means nothing?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    Means a lot. Which is why I wish there was more to the video. There is never an excuse for the language but Cooper was irate about something.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Hey, don't let me stop you from raising the bar, here, OC.
    Not sure what this means, but is there really a bar when only certain people are expected to live up to it?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Means a lot. Which is why I wish there was more to the video. There is never an excuse for the language but Cooper was irate about something.
    Thank God I'm a fired-up country boy!

All League
    No, l don't. Why are basing this situation on black people? Maybe that's where we differ. How Black people use the word has zero to do with this situation. Do you realize that?

All you do is look at the video and you be the judge. He was supposedly addressing black security officers. Seems to me he was speaking from the heart, in an environment where he felt he could do it. Not around his " black friends."

Do I know that? No. That's why I used the word probably.

Hall Of Fame
    Not sure what this means, but is there really a bar when only certain people are expected to live up to it?
    You have a point there. And in some weird racist way I think it suggests that only certain people are capable of living up to it. Party of equality is being held to equal standards. Strange concept, I know.

Bewildered Beast
    Think about where this is going; you are victimized by black people saying N*****?

common

Bewildered Beast
    You have a point there. And in some weird racist way I think it suggests that only certain people are capable of living up to it. Party of equality is being held to equal standards. Strange concept, I know.
    Both of you guys sound young; meaning that you have a superficial grasp of this "equality" around a RACIAL EPITHET.

So because he was mad at a black person, and used a word black people use all the time, he's a racist? Can anyone here under 50 yo even relate to the true meaning of that word?

I'm sorry -- this PC stuff is nauseating. Personally I would never use the word, but not because it's "the word". I don't believe in foul language in general -- as another poster said "expand your vocabulary". But the fact that most posters here would have been fine with a "best of Andrew Dice Clay" tongue-lashing, but get their white guilt/black hypocrisy all worked up over "the word" -- just another symbol of how illogical and backward our society has become . . .

All League
    I really don't have much respect for adults who use the word, regardless of race. It's just an ignorant word. You sound ignorant. At least I can make an excuse for a kid who uses it.

Hall Of Fame
    Both of you guys sound young; meaning that you have a superficial grasp of this "equality" around a RACIAL EPITHET.
    You're right but this is all relative to how far you want to turn back the clock. There was a time where it was even worse than what you remember.

I know I have to let this go, but as an "older" guy you also have to accept racism is not defined the way it once was. Chances are that black security guard has no immediate slave connections, and those odds grow with each passing generation. As a public school teacher I see how society bends over backwards to cater to minorities and while I'm not necessarily against it, I do believe there should be some accountability in return.

As DDNY just said, we can't preach equality when every chance we get we treat groups differently. And I agree it's a slight on black people to assume they cannot live up to the same standards as white people are expected to . . .

So because he was mad at a black person, and used a word black people use all the time, he's a racist? Can anyone here under 50 yo even relate to the true meaning of that word?

I'm sorry -- this PC stuff is nauseating. Personally I would never use the word, but not because it's "the word". I don't believe in foul language in general -- as another poster said "expand your vocabulary". But the fact that most posters here would have been fine with a "best of Andrew Dice Clay" tongue-lashing, but get their white guilt/black hypocrisy all worked up over "the word" -- just another symbol of how illogical and backward our society has become . . .
    Once again as mentioned before, why does it matter if black people use it or if it's in rap videos? If your daughter made a twerk video and posted on Facebook would you be so flippant and say well why is this a big deal, it's ok for rappers in rap videos?

Can I relate to the hurt of the word as my dad does? No I cant. But it's a demeaning, ugly, hurtful word. Do I know Cooper to be a racist? No but I know what he did was racist and he is ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I really don't have much respect for adults who use the word, regardless of race. It's just an ignorant word. You sound ignorant. At least I can make an excuse for a kid who uses it.
    Most vulgar curse words are ignorant. People use them because they cannot express their feelings in a more civilized way. I'll agree using "the word" is ignorant, just not any more ignorant than anything else we're letting our grade school kids say nowadays . . .

I agree with you on that. The truth however does seem to come out in the most inopportune with people doesnt it?

Once again as mentioned before, why does it matter if black people use it or if it's in rap videos? If your daughter made a twerk video and posted on Facebook would you be so flippant and say well why is this a big deal, it's ok for rappers in rap videos?

Can I relate to the hurt of the word as my dad does? No I cant. But it's a demeaning, ugly, hurtful word. Do I know Cooper to be a racist? No but I know what he did was racist and he is ignorant
    I do not know your ethnicity or social background. But I can say I find it demeaning to black people that you think they can handle hearing that word all around them, but are too fragile to hear it out of a white kid's mouth.

Again I'll agree to do away with the word -- I just can't believe how hard some people fight to only partially remove it from society . . .

All League

You don't like a word? Or when someone uses a word? Then don't use it. Its That simple. If you complain, nobody is gonna listen or care. Whether you realize that or not.

I do not know your ethnicity or social background. But I can say I find it demeaning to black people that you think they can handle hearing that word all around them, but are too fragile to hear it out of a white kid's mouth.

Again I'll agree to do away with the word -- I just can't believe how hard some people fight to only partially remove it from society . . .
    I am a 25 year old black male. I'm not too fragile to hear it from a white kids mouth. I went to a predominantly white college, I heard it all the time and directed at myself. It bothered me b/c it was hateful and ignorant but I learned to deal with it. Yes I am offended when black people use it. No it is not part of my vocb and no it is not the same when a black and white person say it. This is the case with any race and slurs which they may choose to use when talking with members of their own race.

Rap video's contain guys with pants down their ass, half naked women degraded and references to drugs and violence ad nauseam. All of these things are unacceptable and are why rap music is deplorable. Yet with the N word many use it as some kind of excuse as to why it's socially more acceptable and understandable if used. Fair?