Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pigs Must Be Flying ...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pigs Must Be Flying ...

    Grass must be blue and the sky must be green because Mehta actually
    wrote a fantastic "football" article today:

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1414368

    Either that or he stole what Jenny Vrentas was working on

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contract year?

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pigs On the Wing brother!

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are focused on one thing and that's to be competitive in 2013...I don't care who the pundits are, there is not much negative to write about the Jets compared to what's happening around the league. The so called circus talk was really the only year when Tebow was here....that's now the past....it's a new season.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    We forget, he used to be the best writer around...till he sold out and went to whatever job he's at now...

    Thanks for the article KRL. I'd still rather have your reports

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Grass must be blue and the sky must be green because Mehta actually
    wrote a fantastic "football" article today:

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1414368

    Either that or he stole what Jenny Vrentas was working on
    The article pretty much rehashes what was viewed during Jon Gruden QB Camp before the draft. Nothing new here.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Spavital said that Smith checked out of as many as 80% of called plays in any given game, an astounding total in an era of control-freak coordinators. Smith called an audible on about 50% of the plays in his 656-yard, eight-touchdown performance against Baylor last September."



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2airlLfKK

    Eyegasm right there.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    bravo manish. i have to give credit when it is earned. that article took some legit research.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    He does this about once a year. It's all downhill from here...

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Test him for PED'S

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice article and I guess Geno being dumb and not studying are BS too

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    "Spavital said that Smith checked out of as many as 80% of called plays in any given game, an astounding total in an era of control-freak coordinators. Smith called an audible on about 50% of the plays in his 656-yard, eight-touchdown performance against Baylor last September."



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2airlLfKK

    Eyegasm right there.
    Baylor,s d was so bad your local chess club could even score on them.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Nice article and I guess Geno being dumb and not studying are BS too
    He scored about the same on the wonderlic as Roethlisberger. He's plenty smart to be a successful QB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us