Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The J-E-T-S chant is in your hands!"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

As opposed to the Eagles who do the same exact thing? And don't need a male cheerleader to get it going?
    Please. Philly fans can barely spell.

Fireman Ed needs to come back

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Please. Philly fans can barely spell.
    Win is easy to spell.

I went to a game in Tampa once. The cheerleaders would point to the seats on one side of the field, and the crowd on that side would yell "Tampa!" Then they'd point to the crowd on the other side of the field, and that part of the crowd would yell "Bay!" They'd go back and forth a few times like that. Pretty good cheer. Perhaps the Flight Crew could lead they Jets chant in a similar way.

This must have been Tannenbaum's last idea before he was kicked to the curb.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fan RI View Post
    I went to a game in Tampa once. The cheerleaders would point to the seats on one side of the field, and the crowd on that side would yell "Tampa!" Then they'd point to the crowd on the other side of the field, and that part of the crowd would yell "Bay!" They'd go back and forth a few times like that. Pretty good cheer. Perhaps the Flight Crew could lead they Jets chant in a similar way.
    That would make Geno feel like he is back in college, that's what WVU does.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That would make Geno feel like he is back in college, that's what WVU does.
    Now that you mention it, the Jets chant has always struck me as pretty similar to a college cheer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fan RI View Post
    Now that you mention it, the Jets chant has always struck me as pretty similar to a college cheer.
    Noise is valuable to the Defense, it should be spent for them at the appropriate times on D. I am not against any cheer so long as we take care of the first priority which is making it chaotic for the opposing O.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Noise is valuable to the Defense, it should be spent for them at the appropriate times on D. I am not against any cheer so long as we take care of the first priority which is making it chaotic for the opposing O.
    Agreed. I'd hate to see the Jets chant disappear. One of the few unique traditions we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    But when everyone did sync up at the right moment, the result was thunderous. Best cheer in football.
    In my "obviously biased" opinion, whne the J...E...T...S..JETS JETS JETS chant was done well, no other fan-led cheer in the history of sports can compare. It gave me the kind of chills hearing it reserved for walking WWII battlefield or seeing the Virgin Mary in profile on a slice of burnt toast.

I will never understand the dislike of Ed. Or the fan vitriol that drove him away, and (IMO) combined with teh Stadium change, may in fact have killed off the greatest cheer around.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    We need to get one of those dudes that dresses in a cape to lead the chant. and they have to be in the first few rows on the field level.

then the Jets need to make sure that whoever is the chosen one gets plenty of screen time to get it going.
    Yes! That dude with the cape and a jet coming out of his head or whatever....ask him. Or that guy from the old stadium with the fake (I hope) grenades and ammo.....let him do it (...after a thorough pat down)

This thread reminds me of this video, which I've always thought says a lot about how jets fans feel about the chant. What does a Jets fan do to applaud firemen for putting out a car fire? The Jets chant, of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaAAJ4aH7M

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You are perverse; when the Jets have momentum it's awesome; and, it's a great, unique chant that 95% of the planet LOATHES.

I love me a timely Jets chant; I live for the genuwine art.ick.all.
    Common, you're 3 hrs behine, how timely can you be?

The pernt:
    The J-E-T-S chant is great.
    As created by "Jim" at Shea, organically and natcherly so.
    Co-opted by opportunistic pukes, not so much.

this marketing ploy reeks of Captain Planet
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-01-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I hope we get rid of the dumbassed chant just as we finally got rid of the dumbassed fireman
    Why are you always so ****ing mad and bitter all the time.
    This ****ing team is going to kill you if you let it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Why are you always so ****ing mad and bitter all the time.
    This ****ing team is going to kill you if you let it.
    Give him some slack. I was wondering that when I first got here but one of the mods explained that he's locked up for all but 2 hours a day. When they let him out of his cell he posts here. Explains alot I thought. I feel kinda bad for him.

The original JETS chant from Shea days sprang out of Colt fans who came to the stadium and did a C.O.L.T.S Chant shaping the letters with their body. Did this in the upper deck above me in the closed end of the stadium. Jet fans then responded back and forth across the stadium. Any other ole timers remember . Who the f$(k needs that assh&&& fireman.

Ed needs to forget the a-holes who got to him and just do his thing, if the stadium still responds, he's doing his job.

The fans that acted like complete a-holes, need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    This thread reminds me of this video, which I've always thought says a lot about how jets fans feel about the chant. What does a Jets fan do to applaud firemen for putting out a car fire? The Jets chant, of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaAAJ4aH7M
    Wow, funny group. Not.

I can't believe we even have Jet fans that hate the Jets chant?

Is there anything we don't hate?

I took a friend (Pats fan) to a Sunday night game vs the Pats.
    He even said the Jet chant is cool, but he hates hearing it!

That's exactly what you want!
    Hearing the fans that went down close to the field at Gillette after the 2010 playoff game was awesome, and you know it was like knives cutting Pats fans that were still staring dumbfounded at the TV that day, hearing J-E-T-S, Jets jets jets, in the background.

When other fans mock your chant....it's a great chant that is like fingers on a chalkboard to opposing fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Wow, funny group. Not.
    +1

Some days, you hate to be associated with Jets fans.