Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Camp reports and news 8/1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How is that "hysterical"?

I fail to see the punch-line in dukes comment.
    Dukes just yells and bleats most of the time because his arguments are not persuasive enough on their own merits, much like Stephen Francis or whatever his name is who just rolls his beady eyes most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wasnt carr on a 1st year expansion team? We have 2 pro bowlers on the line. Preseason games are right around the corner. I think they will answer alot of these questions.
    Yeah I have no clue why Carr keeps getting mentioned. He was ruined because coaches, poor game prep, and the most horrific OL in history. I dont believe Geno qualifies on any of those. Carr never did the off the field work and was shell shocked after 2 years. Technically he was sound on the field when not on his back. Unless your really downplaying our line and think Geno doesnt want to learn game prep it is a safe bet to say he isnt anther Carr. Geno so far has not shown he doent want to do the work. I honestly dont get the starting a guy early may ruin him anymore. I used to say that too but there is no history of it really. Guys like Cam Newton and Vick couldnt even run pro Os and I can even say starting those guys day one where the wrong moves. Geno is a project but also has more talent then a lot of guy that started day 1 and had good careers. If he gives you the better chance of winning you start him. period.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Sanchez threw another int? holy cow thats almost one every practice.
    Are you referring to the INT on the Hail Mary at the end?

Most accounts had Sanchez with the better day, certainly more completions and more TDs. I'm all for Geno taking the job away from Sanchez legitimately but this cherry-picking of stats seems to be setting everyone up for anger and disbelief if it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah I have no clue why Carr keeps getting mentioned. He was ruined because coaches, poor game prep, and the most horrific OL in history. I dont believe Geno qualifies on any of those. Carr never did the off the field work and was shell shocked after 2 years. Technically he was sound on the field when not on his back. Unless your really downplaying our line and think Geno doesnt want to learn game prep it is a safe bet to say he isnt anther Carr. Geno so far has not shown he doent want to do the work. I honestly dont get the starting a guy early may ruin him anymore. I used to say that too but there is no history of it really. Guys like Cam Newton and Vick couldnt even run pro Os and I can even say starting those guys day one where the wrong moves. Geno is a project but also has more talent then a lot of guy that started day 1 and had good careers. If he gives you the better chance of winning you start him. period.
    Exactly it's not rocket science. Sanchez is a 5 year vet, if Geno shows he's the better player he will be the starter. It sounds like he's a really hard worker and a fast learner so it's definitely possible. If he can't beat Sanchez out then let him sit and give him more time

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If you criticize him for a bad day, then you have to give him credit for a good day.
    The problem is Suckchez doesn't have nearly enough good days.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    He is making the decision a little too easy, isn't he?
    Not entirely. Iirc, it was on a hail mary. Russell Wilson proved last year that hail mary's can result in game-winning INTs, so maybe this is a good thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes a guy that averages 4 tds and less then 500 yards a season over 6 years is the definition of a JAG.
    But you think that Powell is good. When by your definition JAG would be an upgrade.

That dragon from Geno (at 2:00): http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...4-abe1790a3dba

Ball was a bit ahead of Ryan, causing him to lay out a bit for it, but everything else was really nice. Loved Geno maneuvering around the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield, and stepping up and making the throw. Will that keep up when a live DE is trying to rip his head off? Who knows. But, it was nice to see.
    Last edited by McGinley; 08-02-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Bothers me when someone says an offensive player "Jumped Offsides." There is no such thing. When an offensive player does it, it's a false start.

And certainly good to hear Geno is outplaying Sanchez. As it is with the rest of the NFL these days, your team only goes as far as your QB.
    no, off sides is off sides no matter what side of the ball. it is either a false start or Encroachment, but it is off sides.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Thank you for saving me the time looking that up. We are awful in the redzone aside from the one season with Plax which is absolutely an outlier in sanchez's career.

The amount of turnovers he has had that cost up points when he should have thrown the ball away is atrocious.

The guy had a great playoff run for us in 2010. I barely count 2009 as he threw for 65 yards in the last game of the year vs cincy (defense pitched a shutout). Under 200 against them the following week and under 125 vs SD - he simply didnt turn it over.

Its time for Geno to play and hopefully Rex and MM can get there asap to get him as many reps as necessary.
    That has been one of Sanchez' major flaws. Not throwing the ball away when there is no play to be had and trying to force it.

I think that has led to easily 50% of his interceptions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If you are Geno, you would rather be the starter for the second pre season game against Jacksonville. Jets play the Lions in the first game, so Sanchez will go against the Lions #1 defense which is much tougher than the Jacksonville defense.
    And I'm guessing that is how it is going to play out in the first 2 PS games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    The problem is Suckchez doesn't have nearly enough good days.
    I'm so weary of this childish name. It doesn't even roll off the tongue nicely.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That has been one of Sanchez' major flaws. Not throwing the ball away when there is no play to be had and trying to force it.

The deflections at the LOS from Sanchez is also a huge problem. So frustrating to not even see the ball make it past the LOS on 3rd downs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The deflections at the LOS from Sanchez is also a huge problem. So frustrating to not even see the ball make it past the LOS on 3rd downs.
    This is something I don't quite understand. While he's not the tallest QB out there, he's not short either, say average height. I haven't heard or seen that his throwing motion uses a lower slot than he should (no sidearm) or that he has a particularly slow release. So is it just that he doesn't see the DTs or is there another factor involved? Is he telegraphing?

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    This is something I don't quite understand. While he's not the tallest QB out there, he's not short either, say average height. I haven't heard or seen that his throwing motion uses a lower slot than he should (no sidearm) or that he has a particularly slow release. So is it just that he doesn't see the DTs or is there another factor involved? Is he telegraphing?
    he has no feel for the pass rush, and never understood throwing lanes, so his passes get batted down.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    There's a few factors at work..... he does telegraph, the linemen don't engage, properly, and the play design sucks. Brees is a short QB, yet he doesn't get a lot of passes batted down at the line..... he's got a quick release, his linemen know to occupy the DL's arms, and his pocket is rarely surrounding him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

And always seem to come at the worst time. 4 seasons and hasn't learned that on first from the 14 down by 3 you need to protect the ball first, grab a TD 2nd and not just throw it up for grabs.