Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp reports and news 8/1.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I give up. Your right. Pierre Thomas is just awesome. The fact that he doesnt run for many yards or score touchdowns is irrelevant.
    LOL - being stubborn is generally a liability when you are running around naked.

Hall Of Fame
    From Rex's presser:

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex praises Chad Spann's blocking on a blitz pickup but can't remember his name: "That little MJD-like guy."

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Rex Ryan starts his presser: "I know you guys got stats, so I'm looking forward to hearing them." #BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Yes, give him credit for his good days.

Yes, acknowledge his sub-par days.

Yes, keep score of the two and understand that one or two good days out of some larger number of bad ones is probably not acceptable in this league.
    Especially if he can't ultimately disguinish himself from a rookie who has limited experience in a pro system.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Positional drills..... AND, it was a deflection. Is piling on really necessary?
    Was it deflected at the LOS? Was it deflected because it was a poor pass which allowed the defender to recover and deflect it?

Yes, it is necessary to pile on.

Hall Of Fame
    WCO is that you?

Hall Of Fame
    Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    Ryan said he expected RB Chris Ivory to be farther along by now. Still has tightness in the hamstring. #Jets

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says the low expectations from media, etc. are a rallying point for this team #NYJ

New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    Rex on DL Sheldon Richardson: "We don't want to put him in Canton yet, but he looks pretty good. Explosive athlete. He belongs here."

Wish Goodson were in camp. I'm convinced he's going through rehab, maybe part of the plan from the May arrest, hopefully he's in camp soon, he and Ivory can be big for this team.

Reading up and seeing the camp reports on this Spann kid are encouraging.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Especially if he can't ultimately disguinish himself from a rookie who has limited experience in a pro system.
    Understood.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Tell'im, Lumpy!
    I think you both were using stats, no?

It does help the running game to have a QB who defenses have to respect and can't stack 8 in the box like we see all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes a guy that averages 4 tds and less then 500 yards a season over 6 years is the definition of a JAG.
    Congratulations on being too dumb to recognize context.

BTW, here were Michael Turner's career numbers before heading to Atlanta:

6 TDs, 1257 yards, 4 seasons. That's 1.5 TDs and 314.25 yards per year.

JAG

In five years in NO, Reggie Bush averaged 522.5 yards and 3 TDs per season. His per carry average was much worse than PT's. In Miami, he averaged 5 yards per carry.

The bottom line is that since Thomas has been in the league, he's been competing with first round picks for playing time in a pass-heavy offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    +1

Consequently, I'm looking forward to seeing the response from Geno tomorrow, I've been impressed, there is no question, Smith is doing everything just right. That Mehta article was outstanding, and revealed a lot of outstanding qualities about Geno.
    Talk about selective reasoning.

Hall Of Fame
    Wish Goodson were in camp. I'm convinced he's going through rehab, maybe part of the plan from the May arrest, hopefully he's in camp soon, he and Ivory can be big for this team.

Reading up and seeing the camp reports on this Spann kid are encouraging.
    Any good news on our running game will be a pleasant surprise to the upside. Even if it is still the same cast as last year I suspect we will be better with the offensive line changes and some of the people who have left.

Honestly though I think Idzik had a collection of problems when he came in here and the long term fix at RB is not yet implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Congratulations on being too dumb to recognize context.

BTW, here were Michael Turner's career numbers before heading to Atlanta:

6 TDs, 1257 yards, 4 seasons. That's 1.5 TDs and 314.25 yards per year.

JAG

In five years in NO, Reggie Bush averaged 522.5 yards and 3 TDs per season. His per carry average was much worse than PT's. In Miami, he averaged 5 yards per carry.

The bottom line is that since Thomas has been in the league, he's been competing with first round picks for playing time in a pass-heavy offense.
    Joe W Namath is no better than any Tebow fan.

Bewildered Beast
    WCO is that you?

"Let me tell you sumthin' pardner...6 months ago I lost this boot in a scaliwag's backside...and I just got it back...but I might be looking to lose it again, if ya reckon...."

Hall Of Fame
    Any good news on our running game will be a pleasant surprise to the upside. Even if it is still the same cast as last year I suspect we will be better with the offensive line changes and some of the people who have left.

Honestly though I think Idzik had a collection of problems when he came in here and the long term fix at RB is not yet implemented.
    He addressed the O line and QB this year, next year WRs and RBs. Via the draft that is.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Was it deflected at the LOS? Was it deflected because it was a poor pass which allowed the defender to recover and deflect it?

Yes, it is necessary to pile on.

Michael Fensom ‏@mjfensom now
    Sanchez, working in routes with TEs and RBs vs LBs and safeties, picked by Jaiquawn Jarrett on deflection. Geno on field 2 with WRs.

Since they were in positional drills, I'm going to assume that it wasn't deflected at the line of scrimmage.

As for piling on...... to each his own. I just think it's ridiculous, childish, and doesn't exactly show fandom of the team--- just a dislike for the player. If he's not doing well, he's going to lose the competition and Geno will start. I'm of the opinion that Sanchez playing well is better for the TEAM, whether he beats out Geno, or not. They NEED to bring out the best in each other, not win by default.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Mornhinweg/Lee, the biggest moves for this team
    Agreed.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I think you both were using stats, no?

It does help the running game to have a QB who defenses have to respect and can't stack 8 in the box like we see all the time.
    I hope you are agreeing with me, and not talking down to me, because I implied the same thing in my original post. With bright bulbs like you and Joe W around, I take liberty to leave the DWC out of my missives.

I am sure we can agree that one paragraph is better than seven.

Hall Of Fame
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    Two players Rex has noticed on offense: WR Vidal Hazelton "seems to be popping up to me," and "I've been impressed" w/ C Dalton Freeman.

Michael Fensom ‏@mjfensom
    Dee Milliner got 10 plays in 11-on-11 drills today. "He looked pretty good," Rex said. Rex hopes Dee will play in scrimmage Saturday.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Mike Westhoff asking a question at Rex's presser. He's a member of the media #NYJ

Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    Westhoff asks a question at Ryan presser! Asks about whether 1's will play 1's in scrimmage. #Jets

Michael Fensom ‏@mjfensom
    Rex says Green and White scrimmage will be more competitive than in the past due to the position battles up for grabs in camp.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

you happy, now? I did not mean to leave the door open for this bs; either. kumbaya Jordy

Oh how I miss the days of wine and pineapples.