Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp reports and news 8/1.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    "Let me tell you sumthin' pardner...6 months ago I lost this boot in a scaliwag's backside...and I just got it back...but I might be looking to lose it again, if ya reckon...."

Layin' down the law... I like it!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    WCO is that you?
    I'm beginning to wonder myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Talk about selective reasoning.
    Where are you going with this? Or is this just you being you?

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope you are agreeing with me, and not talking down to me, because I implied the same thing in my original post. With bright bulbs like you and Joe W around, I take liberty to leave the DWC out of my missives.

I am sure we can agree that one paragraph is better than seven.
    Not at all. But I'm having trouble adjusting to your new posting style and take on things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    Two players Rex has noticed on offense: WR Vidal Hazelton "seems to be popping up to me," and "I've been impressed" w/ C Dalton Freeman.
    I can see it now. "Ooo la la Hazelton."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Where are you going with this? Or is this just you being you?
    Very simple Ray.

You go out of your way to complain about the media with the "agenda." Mehta being one of the worst culprits, according to you.

But then, Mehta says something positive and you're all over it in agreement.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, I can't help you. That's all I was saying.

Hall Of Fame
    I can see it now. "Ooo la la Hazelton."
    LOl...you are showing your age. Many around here have zero idea what that reference was about.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOl...you are showing your age. Many around here have zero idea what that reference was about.
    Yes; today's yutes were brooke-shielded from the hahrrahs of women wearing fancy jeans.

I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Michael Fensom ‏@mjfensom now
    Sanchez, working in routes with TEs and RBs vs LBs and safeties, picked by Jaiquawn Jarrett on deflection. Geno on field 2 with WRs.

Since they were in positional drills, I'm going to assume that it wasn't deflected at the line of scrimmage.

As for piling on...... to each his own. I just think it's ridiculous, childish, and doesn't exactly show fandom of the team--- just a dislike for the player. If he's not doing well, he's going to lose the competition and Geno will start. I'm of the opinion that Sanchez playing well is better for the TEAM, whether he beats out Geno, or not. They NEED to bring out the best in each other, not win by default.
    I don't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    It's 10:53 a.m. do you know where Mark Sanchez is?

Yes....throwing INTs
    They should have a stat for 'deflected" int's... some receivers have alligator arms. Just sayin

Practice Squad
    It's not like we've never seen Mark play well at all. The problem is that he has never been consistently good. With Mark it's always some good play followed by some bad. There is also the idea that Mark is limited in how he can help a team win. He's not that great with the deep ball and fitting it into tight spots. He's not that good with screens or making something happen with his legs. In the end Mark is a game manager at best. I think the WCO is the best scenario for Mark to succeed. If we started the season with Mark at QB I think he'd be able to run much of the offense at a high level. I just don't think Mark would have as many spectacular plays as Geno would. Mark isn't that kind of QB. Doesn't mean Mark can't be successful tho.

Geno is the kind of QB I think most fans have wanted to see this team have. Geno is much more capable of making big plays with his arm or his legs. Geno is much more capable of actually winning a game for his team rather than just managing the game. That's why people are excited. Geno is showing this everyday in practice. It's not a fluke this is who he was in college and he's just continuing to show that talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes; today's yutes were brooke-shielded from the hahrrahs of women wearing fancy jeans.

I'm not sure that's a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyAqMfJHMEo

Very simple Ray.

You go out of your way to complain about the media with the "agenda." Mehta being one of the worst culprits, according to you.

But then, Mehta says something positive and you're all over it in agreement.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, I can't help you. That's all I was saying.
    Ahh, see, I told you, your Dick Tracy detective kit doesn't work.

It wasn't a positive article so much as it was an endorsement for Smith, it was well researched, and for a change the article didn't contain an agenda, or the usual BS rhetoric he and so many others usually partake.

It's actually another article where the media is trying to feed the QB controversy.

It's also an article that doesn't support Sanchez, if you were really on top of your game, then you would think that I would be compromising my support of Sanchez.

I give credit when it was due, it was a good article, content, and the info that it provided, and not the usual BS and agenda.

Oh well, you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    It's not like we've never seen Mark play well at all. The problem is that he has never been consistently good. With Mark it's always some good play followed by some bad. There is also the idea that Mark is limited in how he can help a team win. He's not that great with the deep ball and fitting it into tight spots. He's not that good with screens or making something happen with his legs. In the end Mark is a game manager at best. I think the WCO is the best scenario for Mark to succeed. If we started the season with Mark at QB I think he'd be able to run much of the offense at a high level. I just don't think Mark would have as many spectacular plays as Geno would. Mark isn't that kind of QB. Doesn't mean Mark can't be successful tho.

Geno is the kind of QB I think most fans have wanted to see this team have. Geno is much more capable of making big plays with his arm or his legs. Geno is much more capable of actually winning a game for his team rather than just managing the game. That's why people are excited. Geno is showing this everyday in practice. It's not a fluke this is who he was in college and he's just continuing to show that talent.
    good post.

what's encouraging is that BOTH quarterbacks have been playing well in practice. we're so used to our defense just completely dominating the offense in recent years, i feel like our new offensive staff deserves a ton of credit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jordy Im happy your back man, but just let this thing with Ray go. Its very distracting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Jordy Im happy your back man, but just let this thing with Ray go. Its very distracting.
    No problem Ruby. I'll be avoiding most of his crap. Everyone can see through it anyway.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    good post.

what's encouraging is that BOTH quarterbacks have been playing well in practice. we're so used to our defense just completely dominating the offense in recent years, i feel like our new offensive staff deserves a ton of credit.
    I absolutely LOVE the MM and David Lee hire. These 2 guys are just great offensive teachers. I keep reading how people are worried about the lack of talent at WR/TE etc. but a great OC can squeeze a LOT out of the talent a team has or doesn't have. The Jets have a lot of unproven talent that needed to be coached up. I feel like we're getting that from these coaches.

Another thing that keeps buggin me is this idea that if Sanchez isn't playing well that somehow they could just give the job to Geno even if he doesn't deserve it or isn't ready. That's not gonna happen!!! MM and Lee are not going to do that. These guys have coached the BEST and they know what a QB is supposed to be able to do. If Geno isn't ready they won't let him just run out there. Anyway I don't think that's going to be an issue. Geno is a very studious player and he WANTS to be great. This is a guy that takes pride in what he's doing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Most of us (including myself) have been waving Idzik pom poms but lets be honest, these FA acquisitions are not looking so fresh right now. Garrard broke down. Goodson is MIA and Ivory can't get started. Right now Winslow looks like the gem of the bunch.
    Ya so?

None of these signings/moves crippled this organization or hold any long term damage whatsoever. The money's been negligible and the drafts picks too... A 4th round pick. Whoopdy do. Ivory minus the injury history = 1st round pick value. He's valued right about what we paid. If we get 8 healthy games out of him, I guarantee he's a difference maker in those 8 games and will be worth the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post

Fair post.

One of Sanchez' biggest problems has been his consistency. But for those ready to jump on the Geno wagon, especially this year, they better be prepared for that same inconsistency. He will have growing pains, especially as a rookie. My point is, if, and it is a big if, but if Sanchez shows improvement during the pre-season, and in camp, then the Jets have to be careful turning over the reigns to Smith too soon, no matter what his potential is.

If Sanchez continues to show the same inconsistencies, the same flaws in his play that have hurt him and the team, and no clear sign of improvement and progression in his development as a QB, now in his 5th year, I agree, it would be hard to argue against any decision to then go with Smith if Smith continues to improve and continues to show what he apparently has been showing so far in camp.

Looking forward to the first pre-season game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did a quick search DeeDee...

Having trouble finding those scores and scores of your posts "waving the pompoms for Idzik"

Lots of you waving the pompoms for Belichick, Brady, Kraft and all things "Patriot Way" though