Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Camp reports and news 8/1.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    spot on. You gotta be able to air it out to move it between the 20s.
    I don't think I've ever seen a Jet team, including within the Kotite era, that so consistently failed to put up just 1 TD in the first Half of games as has been the case with Sanchez ALL 4 Years.

The so-called "incredible comebacks" 3 seasons ago against BOTTOM-FEEDER teams should never even materialized into the need for a comeback with just a middle of the pack NFL QB.

I'll rehash a Joe Namath comment I heard on the radio last year,"You want the ethnicity, good looking kid, good for the box office then Sanchez is your guy, but the Jets made a HUGE reach in drafting him"...and now it's consensus amongst scouts that he should have been probably a 4th Rd pick, definitely no higher than 3rd.

But what incenses me the most is when I learned that he was not good enough to be named starter at Mission Viejo in Ca. until his senior year, just like at USC...really was an incredible reach and after he has stolen the last $8Mill in his contract I can only hope Woody Johnson stays out of the draft process, because I will always believe that he pushed hard for Sanchez.

He will realize that winning is what counts most.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Did a quick search DeeDee...

Having trouble finding those scores and scores of your posts "waving the pompoms for Idzik"

Lots of you waving the pompoms for Belichick, Brady, Kraft and all things "Patriot Way" though
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I get the feeling you are looking for trouble, sometimes.
    LOL. Hope he is not away too long. I might miss him.

Anyways, good to see Sanchez gain some traction today. I was hoping Geno wouldn't win the competition by default and now it is looking that he will have to earn it.

Hall Of Fame
    I get the feeling you are looking for trouble, sometimes.
    LOL.... you had me at the comma WCO.... at the comma.

Bewildered Beast
    I love that sg3; he really gets excited...and that's what fans are about.

He's the kind of fan that would put his Namath helmet on and beg his pals to tackle him.

All League
    I love that sg3; he really gets excited...and that's what fans are about.

He's the kind of fan that would put his Namath helmet on and beg his pals to tackle him.
    He is the first person who introduced himself with a "GFY", in my life

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He is the first person who introduced himself with a "GFY", in my life

My goodness, you're almost related.

Jamie Dukes.is a complete douche. They're talking about our QB situation on NFLN and that douche adds in, "they have a QB?". I f'ing hate these ignorant assclowns that comment on teams they've paid all of 5 seconds of attention to. The inaccuracy of their reporting alone is just pathetic. They do themselves no favors by hiring all these former players that can barely speak coherent English.

Whether it be Geno or Mark, I just want someone to shut these TMZ-level hacks up.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a Jet team, including within the Kotite era, that so consistently failed to put up just 1 TD in the first Half of games as has been the case with Sanchez ALL 4 Years.

The so-called "incredible comebacks" 3 seasons ago against BOTTOM-FEEDER teams should never even materialized into the need for a comeback with just a middle of the pack NFL QB.

I'll rehash a Joe Namath comment I heard on the radio last year,"You want the ethnicity, good looking kid, good for the box office then Sanchez is your guy, but the Jets made a HUGE reach in drafting him"...and now it's consensus amongst scouts that he should have been probably a 4th Rd pick, definitely no higher than 3rd.

But what incenses me the most is when I learned that he was not good enough to be named starter at Mission Viejo in Ca. until his senior year, just like at USC...really was an incredible reach and after he has stolen the last $8Mill in his contract I can only hope Woody Johnson stays out of the draft process, because I will always believe that he pushed hard for Sanchez.

He will realize that winning is what counts most.
    So "winning" is the most important thing, but the comeback "wins" aren't good enough because they didn't occur against the best teams in the league? I know the Sanchez hate is deep on this board, but one thing you cannot rip him about is winning....for 2 seasons and most of his third season the guy won....and that included playoff wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jamie Dukes.is a complete douche. They're talking about our QB situation on NFLN and that douche adds in, "they have a QB?". I f'ing hate these ignorant assclowns that comment on teams they've paid all of 5 seconds of attention to. The inaccuracy of their reporting alone is just pathetic. They do themselves no favors by hiring all these former players that can barely speak coherent English.

Whether it be Geno or Mark, I just want someone to shut these TMZ-level hacks up.
    Actually, TMZ is way above their level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Actually, TMZ is way above their level.
    Sadly true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    good to see him bounce back.

we need this process to be as competitive as possible, Sanchez tanking and Geno getting the job by default would do us no good.
    of course Sanchez played with the Starters and Geno played with the second strigers. Just sayin.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    of course Sanchez played with the Starters and Geno played with the second strigers. Just sayin.....
    Of course another way of looking at it is, Sanchez played against the 1st team defense and Geno didn't.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Geno is back with the starters again tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how we handle the first pre season game. Usually the starting QB only plays for one or two series. But since we don't have a starter I wonder how they are going to break it up. Seems like both of them will be playing the majority of the game with the "scrubs". And that is why I think the actual practices are going to way heavily on the decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    Sanchez has always had some areas of strength. For whatever reason he's really good in the Red Zone. My problem with Sanchez is the areas where he's not so good. Mark is clearly the more NFL ready QB having done this for 4 years already.

Geno is still learning and adjusting. There are things Geno is seeing and doing for the 1st time. It's clear that Geno has way more talent than Sanchez, but that doesn't mean he's going to be as sharp in all the areas that Mark is already used to performing at a high level. Thank goodness we have time to see just how much Geno can grasp all of this stuff.

We know Mark can do all of the mundane aspects of the job. Geno is still being tested on all of this. We have to be impressed with the sheer magnitude of information and skills Geno is having to cram into a short period of time. Mark had a few months head start on Geno in learning this stuff and he got private tutoring in the WCO from Jeff Garcia. I'm just happy that it appears Geno has a load of talent and has come a long way already. No matter who starts we'll be in good shape going forward.
    Excellent read and I agree. Geno has come a long way in avery short period of time. Even today, an alleged down day he threw a 50 yard bomb!, Then Vlad jumped off sides negating a Geno drive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

It will be interesting to see how we handle the first pre season game. Usually the starting QB only plays for one or two series. But since we don't have a starter I wonder how they are going to break it up. Seems like both of them will be playing the majority of the game with the "scrubs". And that is why I think the actual practices are going to way heavily on the decision.
    My guess is, unless something dramatic happens before then, like Sanchez and Smith going in opposite directions with Sanchez failing miserably in practices and the scrimmage, Sanchez will get first shot in preseason Game 1.

Jets Insider VIP

Good point. I think we will play Geno as much as we can. He has to get much more experience. There is no substitute for time spent playing the game. He has to adjust to the speed of the game and can not do it sitting. We know what Mark can do. So I expect Geno and McElroy to play quite a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    My guess is, unless something dramatic happens before then, like Sanchez and Smith going in opposite directions with Sanchez failing miserably in practices and the scrimmage, Sanchez will get first shot in preseason Game 1.
    I agree. And I think, as the incumbent, Sanchez deserves to start the first pre season game. I just wonder how they plan on divvying up the playing time. I expect Sanchez to play more than a couple of series.

Not sure we were all that efficient in the red zone with Sanchez to be honest, besides that one year with Burress where he would just lob it up.

2009, we were 17th, not terrible I guess. 2010, we were 28th. 2011, we were 2nd. 2012, we were 25.

So besides 2011 with Burress, we were average to below average in Red Zone TDs. So I actually think this is an improvement to hear that Sanchez is doing good in the red zone. Just from my non professional opinion, I always thought Sanchez struggled in the Red Zone because the defense tightened up, and he was indecisive as to where to go. And his turnover prone ways caused us to become highly conservative and just run the ball and kick FGs once we made it inside the 20.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree. And I think, as the incumbent, Sanchez deserves to start the first pre season game. I just wonder how they plan on divvying up the playing time. I expect Sanchez to play more than a couple of series.
    I guess it depends on how long each series (by both teams) is. A 3rd series could conceivably start in the 2nd quarter. I'm thinking maybe a quarter per QB with Mac and Simms getting their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Not sure we were all that efficient in the red zone with Sanchez to be honest, besides that one year with Burress where he would just lob it up.

2009, we were 17th, not terrible I guess. 2010, we were 28th. 2011, we were 2nd. 2012, we were 25.

So besides 2011 with Burress, we were average to below average in Red Zone TDs. So I actually think this is an improvement to hear that Sanchez is doing good in the red zone. Just from my non professional opinion, I always thought Sanchez struggled in the Red Zone because the defense tightened up, and he was indecisive as to where to go. And his turnover prone ways caused us to become highly conservative and just run the ball and kick FGs once we made it inside the 20.
    Thank you for saving me the time looking that up. We are awful in the redzone aside from the one season with Plax which is absolutely an outlier in sanchez's career.

The amount of turnovers he has had that cost up points when he should have thrown the ball away is atrocious.

The guy had a great playoff run for us in 2010. I barely count 2009 as he threw for 65 yards in the last game of the year vs cincy (defense pitched a shutout). Under 200 against them the following week and under 125 vs SD - he simply didnt turn it over.

Its time for Geno to play and hopefully Rex and MM can get there asap to get him as many reps as necessary.