Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp reports and news 8/1.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No problem Ruby. I'll be avoiding most of his crap. Everyone can see through it anyway.
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about your crap, not mine.

And I realize nobody wants to see me responding you either, and I too will try to refrain from doing so, but I won't let your little pot shots go without repercussion. How about just STFU and put me on ignore? I didn't go after you when you came back, you were the one who decided to dive right back into the crap with me first.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    @SethWalderNYDN: In the inside the 10 drill they ran at the end, Sanchez looked better. Scored twice on three tries. #nyj

@CLoprestiWFAN: Practice over. Sanchez more productive inside the 10 but Geno looked the part again today. 50-yard missile to Spadola was the highlight.

@SethWalderNYDN: QB stats: Sanchez 10/16, 2 TDs, INT, sack. Geno 5/10, TD, 2 sacks. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Good day for Sanchez.
    Not really.

Football isn't played inside the 10-yard-line.

Mark just hasn't been all that good in moving the team down the field...

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Did a quick search DeeDee...

Having trouble finding those scores and scores of your posts "waving the pompoms for Idzik"

Lots of you waving the pompoms for Belichick, Brady, Kraft and all things "Patriot Way" though
    I get the feeling you are looking for trouble, sometimes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Not really.

+1000

For the last two full seasons, Buttfumble6 has rarely if ever gotten his team inside the opponents 10 yard line so for him this drill is a waste of valuable practice time. This time could be spent for Mark much more productively in drills on recovering fumbles and tackling opposing DBs and LBers returning picks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Not really.

spot on. You gotta be able to air it out to move it between the 20s.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I get the feeling you are looking for trouble, sometimes.
    Not poor little me, WCO

Just being a realist

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1000

For the last two full seasons, Buttfumble6 has rarely if ever gotten his team inside the opponents 10 yard line so for him this drill is a waste of valuable practice time. This time could be spent for Mark much more productively in drills on recovering fumbles and tackling opposing DBs and LBers returning picks
    lol...

in 2011, Buttfumble6 broke the Jets franchise record for most total TDs.

he was beyond awful last year, but let's try to maintain a modicum perspective.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol...

he was very good in the redzone in 2011 with Plax. was putrid last year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1000

You really are a broken record..... and a revisionist historian. Sanchez and the Jets led the league in red zone TD%, in '11--- getting there and scoring was not a problem. Last year, it was a different story. We ALL get it.... you don't like Sanchez. But, for someone that's supposedly not a young man, your constant "Buttfumble6" references, along with your other childish nicknames, are reeeeally immature..... and getting old.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol...

26 picks and lost fumbles that year

And again last year

Lost my perspective and my lunch multiple times in 2011 and 2012 realizing a guy I thought could be THE GUY for the Jets was really Just Awful Garbage.

Thankfully Smith now gives the Jets a legit chance to clean up our mess at QB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @CLoprestiWFAN: Sanchez with back-to-back TD throws inside the 10. Kerley and Powell on the receiving end. #NYJ
    Dude, you can get banned for posting stuff like that!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    You really are a broken record..... and a revisionist historian. Sanchez and the Jets led the league in red zone TD%, in '11--- getting there and scoring was not a problem. Last year, it was a different story. We ALL get it.... you don't like Sanchez. But, for someone that's supposedly not a young man, your constant "Buttfumble6" references, along with your other childish nicknames, are reeeeally immature..... and getting old.
    Classic. This time last year sgCheese was talking about Sanchez being on his way to canton. Put him on ignore and be done with his nonsense. unfortunately, ignore doesnt block when you guys quote him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has always had some areas of strength. For whatever reason he's really good in the Red Zone. My problem with Sanchez is the areas where he's not so good. Mark is clearly the more NFL ready QB having done this for 4 years already.

Geno is still learning and adjusting. There are things Geno is seeing and doing for the 1st time. It's clear that Geno has way more talent than Sanchez, but that doesn't mean he's going to be as sharp in all the areas that Mark is already used to performing at a high level. Thank goodness we have time to see just how much Geno can grasp all of this stuff.

We know Mark can do all of the mundane aspects of the job. Geno is still being tested on all of this. We have to be impressed with the sheer magnitude of information and skills Geno is having to cram into a short period of time. Mark had a few months head start on Geno in learning this stuff and he got private tutoring in the WCO from Jeff Garcia. I'm just happy that it appears Geno has a load of talent and has come a long way already. No matter who starts we'll be in good shape going forward.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Dude, you can get banned for posting stuff like that!
    Did you read the part where it said "INSIDE THE 10"?

If Football was only played in that area, Mark would actually look like a Competent QB.

But it's not.

And sg3, as over-reactive as he's been, brought up some valid stats. 26 picks in both 2011 and 2012(if I'm reading that right) does not at all show that Mark is a Competent QB. The fact that the Jets were somehow able to get to the Redzone in 2011 is akin to Moses parting the Red Sea.
    Last edited by Vin; 08-01-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that for me, WCO?

(nice katana...)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westy is gonna ban absolutely everybody, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Practice Report: Sanchez's day

Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- With live goal-line drills in the mix, New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had his day, showing that experience counts for something.

Sanchez was 10-for-16 with two touchdown passes, an interception and a sack during Thursday's practice. The pick wasn't as costly as it looks on paper, because it came during a situation with one second on the clock. Sanchez heaved it up, and CB Darrin Walls came down with the ball in the end zone. Calvin Pace, who continues to have a strong camp, brought the pressure on Sanchez during the play.

Rookie Geno Smith looked more tentative, especially in short goal-line situations. Each quarterback got three chances, and Smith was sacked on the first and threw it away on the second before connecting with Konrad Reuland in the end zone. Sanchez was 2-for-3 in his attempts, and the incompletion was a pretty nice dart to Braylon Edwards in the middle.

Overall, Smith was 5-for-10 with two sacks and the touchdown. The highlight for Smith was a well-thrown 50-yard pass to Ryan Spadola, who stretched for the catch and got fans cheering. Smith's two sacks seems to be a daily average. It might take a preseason game with live tackling to get a better sense of how evasive he is.

The two quarterbacks are still close, and it's a legitimate competition. That fact alone should disappoint Sanchez supporters. With four seasons under his belt, the quarterback should look better in training camp.

While Smith shows he can get 50 yards of air under the ball, Sanchez has mastery of the shorter, screen-type passes. This competition is far from over.

IVORY OUT: It has been a full week and RB Chris Ivory still hasn't participated in team drills with the Jets. Ivory, who came into camp with hamstring tightness, expected to be competing in pads within a few days but has instead worked on the sideline. Coach Rex Ryan said the injury has lingered more than he anticipated. The team is also without RB Mike Goodson, who has still not joined the team in Cortland.

MILLINER FOR 10: Rookie cornerback Dee Milliner worked with the first-team defense in team drills for 10 or so plays. "I thought he looked pretty good," Ryan said, noting Milliner gave up one completion. Ryan backed away from saying Milliner -- who is returning from offseason shoulder surgery -- would definitely play in the Green & White scrimmage Saturday, but he still thinks it's a possibility.

TOOTH ISSUE: Rookie DL Sheldon Richardson had a root canal Wednesday after a filling fell out Tuesday. He isn't sure when he will return to team drills. "It's in pain, but got my medicine right now so I'm pretty cool," Richardson said. He said he had an exposed nerve and ranked the pain at eight on a scale to 10.

WINTERS IS COMING: Offensive lineman Brian Winters was back with the first team as Stephen Peterman deals with a shoulder injury. Winters has impressed a few Jets onlookers, including visiting former coach Mike Westhoff.

ATTENDANCE REPORT: S Rontez Miles was taken off the physically unable to perform list and practiced. WR Titus Ryan, WR Jordan White and WR Marcus Davis were on the bike.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    It's not like we've never seen Mark play well at all. The problem is that he has never been consistently good. With Mark it's always some good play followed by some bad. There is also the idea that Mark is limited in how he can help a team win. He's not that great with the deep ball and fitting it into tight spots. He's not that good with screens or making something happen with his legs. In the end Mark is a game manager at best. I think the WCO is the best scenario for Mark to succeed. If we started the season with Mark at QB I think he'd be able to run much of the offense at a high level. I just don't think Mark would have as many spectacular plays as Geno would. Mark isn't that kind of QB. Doesn't mean Mark can't be successful tho.

Geno is the kind of QB I think most fans have wanted to see this team have. Geno is much more capable of making big plays with his arm or his legs. Geno is much more capable of actually winning a game for his team rather than just managing the game. That's why people are excited. Geno is showing this everyday in practice. It's not a fluke this is who he was in college and he's just continuing to show that talent.
    I just don't agree with that. Sanchez's strength is in the mid range seams and outs, he struggles with touch passes and slants. The best offense for him is actually Scittenheimers. He is not a fit for the WCO at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I just don't agree with that. Sanchez's strength is in the mid range seams and outs, he struggles with touch passes and slants. The best offense for him is actually Scittenheimers. He is not a fit for the WCO at all.
    Agree he's not a screen dump off master (unless you count DT as receivers)