Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: possible RB options?

  1. #1

    possible RB options?

    Considering the injuries, who could be available after cuts? There has got to be some decent\solid RBs to hold the fort if Ivory and Goodson are not available.

  2. #2
    I think Cedric Benson is available now. I recall him doing decent in GB before his injury.

    It's likely the Jets fill the position in-house with Griffin or Powell.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I think Cedric Benson is available now. I recall him doing decent in GB before his injury.

    It's likely the Jets fill the position in-house with Griffin or Powell.
    Benson wouldn't be a good fit IMO, too old as well.

    We would need a player who can be a good receiver out of the backfield, a Goodson type.

    Damnit, I really hope Goodson makes it back at some point.

  4. #4
    Can this Griffin guy catch? If so, he might diminish the sting of Goodson's absence. I really wouldn't expect Mike back, tbh. I hope he does make it back, but it looks less likely every day.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Can this Griffin guy catch? If so, he might diminish the sting of Goodson's absence. I really wouldn't expect Mike back, tbh. I hope he does make it back, but it looks less likely every day.
    And why is Goodson not in camp again??

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    And why is Goodson not in camp again??
    No clue. The silence, "support from the organization", and comments from the attorney saying it's nothing legal tells me that he may very well be in rehab.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,601
    Barry Sanders could probably take the field out outplay any FA RB available right now.

  8. #8
    The fact it was a really bad draft class means not much get cut. At best your talking Alex Greene or Fred Jackson. If your lucky.

  9. #9
    Even though he's not havin a flashy camp by all accounts, Powell is guy I think can make the step, I think he'll have a bunch more carries this year.

    Att RuYd RuTD
    110 437 4

    Pretty good stats last year, he would of been on for a 1000+ yards last season with the same carries as Greene.

    He doesn't get talked about much, analysts keep sayin we don't have 1000 yard back for the first time in years but with the carries I think he's already in the house.

    I like Goodson but if he does not return then Ivory and Powell will compliment each other well IMO

  10. #10
    Willis McGahee
    Beanie Wells
    Cedric Benson
    Kevin Smith
    Michael Turner
    Brandon Jacobs
    Javon Ringer
    Tim Hightower
    D.J. Ware
    Chris Rainey
    Jahvid Best
    Ryan Grant
    Steve Slaton
    Thomas Jones
    Joseph Addai
    Mewelde Moore
    Cadillac Williams
    Kahlil Bell
    William Powell
    Jamie Harper
    Stefan Logan
    Jerome Harrison
    Tyrell Sutton
    Darren Evans
    Kregg Lumpkin

  11. #11
    Powell and Griffin both looked pretty good to me. Certainly, I figure Powell makes the team and Griffin could be used.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,843
    If there is anything we have learned about John Idzik over these last 6 months, its that he will be patient. I expect he will give some of the young guys like Spann, Powell or Griffin a chance to step up, see if Ivory will be healthy enough to go and sign and RB late in pre-season if needed, after guys are cut.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,606
    Forget the FA crop, get Ivory healthy and continue to give reps to:

    Powell
    Griffin
    Spann
    McKnight

    And from what I saw that's how I would've ranked them after I left

  14. #14
    I think powell will step up, he showed some flashes last year. He could surprise this yr.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,124
    I think it's way too premature to worry about Ivory. They're being cautious with him, which is fine.

    Powell is my favorite RB on this team. He will have a very good season. MM is going to love his versatility.


    .

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I think it's way too premature to worry about Ivory. They're being cautious with him, which is fine.

    Powell is my favorite RB on this team. He will have a very good season. MM is going to love his versatility.


    .
    Not really premature, he missed 4 games in 2010, 10 games in 2011, and 10 in 2012. And look he is already missing camp, it has been something to worry about since we traded for him.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,697
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Forget the FA crop, get Ivory healthy and continue to give reps to:

    Powell
    Griffin
    Spann
    McKnight

    And from what I saw that's how I would've ranked them after I left
    I agree. We don't need Jim Brown or Gale Sayers to make this offense work. We just need the Offensive line to open up some holes and and the QB to make some completions.

    Ivory has a sore Hamstring and he will heal up fine and be part of the mix. No reason to panic.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    And why is Goodson not in camp again??
    no reason given
    speculation could be a rehab program
    or possible legal counsel recos

    hoping griffin can pick up the slack there...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Willis McGahee
    Beanie Wells
    Cedric Benson
    Kevin Smith
    Michael Turner
    Brandon Jacobs
    Javon Ringer
    Tim Hightower
    D.J. Ware
    Chris Rainey
    Jahvid Best
    Ryan Grant
    Steve Slaton
    Thomas Jones
    Joseph Addai
    Mewelde Moore
    Cadillac Williams
    Kahlil Bell
    William Powell
    Jamie Harper
    Stefan Logan
    Jerome Harrison
    Tyrell Sutton
    Darren Evans
    Kregg Lumpkin
    solid list, but would still like to see griffin get the reps with powell..
    if mcknight gets cut, i would consider kevin smith or hightower

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I agree. We don't need Jim Brown or Gale Sayers to make this offense work. We just need the Offensive line to open up some holes and and the QB to make some completions.

    Ivory has a sore Hamstring and he will heal up fine and be part of the mix. No reason to panic.
    +1 Ahmad Bradshaw who many wanted the Jets to sign may not play any pre season games for the Colts.. Bradshaw acknowledged Tuesday that he's still a couple weeks away from returning to practice, according to Kevin Bowen of the team's official website. Bradshaw, who signed with the Colts in June, told Bowen that after six years in the NFL, he "doesn't necessarily need preseason game reps."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us