Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Merril Hodge rips Geno...Valid?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Merril Hodge rips Geno...Valid?

Me and Southparkcpa we're discussing this in another thread and thought it was worthy of debate.

Quite damning comments by Hodge

http://youtu.be/dF5pScNUjb0

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hodge has always trashed the Jets and 9/10 times he's completely off base and proven wrong.
    I'm pretty sure he had MANY things to say about Geno's "maturity" as well after the draft. (only after he fell to the Jets, tho)
    Geno hasn't proven anything yet, except he HAS proven that all of the trash the media completely made up about him was false and that storyline is over now.
    Only thing Hodge is right about is that Sanchez is horrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worries me the missing open receivers comment, I did not watch a bunch of west Virgina games last year so can't really say he's right or wrong.

Did you watch a lot of WV games last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Worries me the missing open receivers comment, I did not watch a bunch of west Virgina games last year so can't really say he's right or wrong.

Not a lot, but what I did see, I didn't see that at ALL and it's the first time I've EVER heard anything about him being an "inaccurate passer"
    Especially to the degree that he's suggesting!
    Also, the fact that HE in particular is the first I've ever heard that from, (have heard MANY accounts that Geno is actually incredibly ACCURATE tho) I don't believe Hodge one bit.
    Hell! If he was so inaccurate why such a low turnover ratio?! I just don't see it and I'm not sure anyone else actually does either.
    I'll take Westhoff's opinion over this ass anyday! And Westy does NOT sugarcoat things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Hodge has always trashed the Jets and 9/10 times he's completely off base and proven wrong.
    I'm pretty sure he had MANY things to say about Geno's "maturity" as well after the draft. (only after he fell to the Jets, tho)
    Geno hasn't proven anything yet, except he HAS proven that all of the trash the media completely made up about him was false and that storyline is over now.
    Only thing Hodge is right about is that Sanchez is horrible.
    Did you watch the tape??? he cites many indisputable facts. He gets a JETS fan thinking, we don't have an NFL quarterback on our roster.

His points sound very defendable.......He didn't simply rant and personally, I don't find him vindictive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I have a bridge for sale. Are you interested?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Did you watch the tape??? he cites many indisputable facts. He gets a JETS fan thinking, we don't have an NFL quarterback on our roster.

His points sound very defendable.......He didn't simply rant and personally, I don't find him vindictive.
    Where is this tape because they didn't show ANYTHING to defend the opposite of EVERYTHING I've heard.
    Every tape I've seen, the last thought that would come to mind is inaccurate passing

And he sounded DRUNK to me!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon dude, get with the program.

Knock on Sanchez? Guy knows what he's talking about.

Knock on Geno? Obviously a whiny vindictive loser with a long-held anti-Jet agenda . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Me neither, Stephen A and Skip where very much in agreement with him as well, neither challenged him on the accusation either.

Did not seem venomous to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    C'mon dude, get with the program.

Knock on Sanchez? Guy knows what he's talking about.

Knock on Geno? Obviously a whiny vindictive loser with a long-held anti-Jet agenda . . .
    Yeah... that's it exactly dumbass

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I have a bridge for sale. Are you interested?
    Does it come with rope included?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 4 letters for you

E
    S
    P
    N

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not allow Geno and others to show us what they have rather then listen to a guy like Hodge? Or maybe we should tank the season because he said we do not have an NFL QB on the squad. From what I have seen and what others have said including Rex Ryan, Geno has a major league arm and he is accurate! I guess its better to listen to Hodge.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHERE'S THE TAPE dude???

Did YOU watch it???? Let's see it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the Combine coverage where guys like Mayock discussed him missing open receivers and they showed examples. I think Hoge is overstating it a little but there is some veracity to his critique.

Keep in mind that it is these guy's jobs to pick apart every little thing about these players and they watch a ton of tape. Nothing to get up in arms about but I am sure that is where this is heading.

Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I guess if Geno would have hit all those open WR's that he missed, his completion % would have been like 80%.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I have 4 letters for you

E
    S
    P
    N
    This is where this falls flat on its face for me, I've only seen a small sample of tape but I've seen or heard nothing to prove these comments hold any weight or credibility.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I generally like hodge but what makes skip Baylee's or that windbag Stephen A qualified to offer their opinion? They aren't even football analysts.

It would have been nice to see hodge show at least a couple
    Clips to back up his analysis but there's 2013 "journalism" for ya.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post

Why not allow Geno and others to show us what they have rather then listen to a guy like Hodge? Or maybe we should tank the season because he said we do not have an NFL QB on the squad. From what I have seen and what others have said including Rex Ryan, Geno has a major league arm and he is accurate! I guess its better to listen to Hodge.......
    Or maybe we should just listen to posters on JI and NEVER listen to former players on ESPN.

this is a message board and the ESPN piece is worthy of DEBATE.

Sorry you feel otherwise. under your version...90 percent of threads would be useless.

REX says so on a QB???? I'm sorry... Debate over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    So I guess if Geno would have hit all those open WR's that he missed, his completion % would have been like 80%.
    Closer to 90-95

But those are statz... can't look at that. Also, do not look at the ridiculously low turnover ratio and the fact he STILL hasn't thrown a pick in camp, yet I've lost count of Mark's turnovers