Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyshawn : Jets players tired of Sanchez

Keyshawn : Jets players tired of Sanchez

Oh joy...Mr. 1-catch-1-yard decides to open his mouth :

Keyshawn thinks players tired of Sanchez

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Keyshawn Johnson isn't around the Jets anymore, but he has a strong opinion on how the quarterback competition is playing out in the locker room. Let's put it this way: He's not the leader of the Mark Sanchez fan club.

"Geno [Smith] will add another dimension of attitude to the team," Johnson said in a phone interview Thursday with ESPNNewYork.com. "The players are probably more receptive to him than Mark. I would think the players like him more than Mark. They've been around Mark and they're tired of Mark's [crap]. That's how players think. Geno Smith is the new wave. He's hip, he's cool. Mark is in a tough spot."

Johnson, now an ESPN studio analyst, called Sanchez a solid NFL quarterback. But he believes his fellow USC alum was overdrafted and placed in a difficult situation by the Jets. He also suggested Sanchez isn't mentally tough enough to handle the New York scrutiny.

"You weren't getting a can't-miss prospect," Johnson said. "You reached to get him. You drafted a quarterback for the future and to appease the fans after Brett Favre. I think that was a bit of a mistake because he wasn't ready to be taken as high as he was taken. Because when you take a guy that high, you expect certain production for him. When you don't have that certain production, that draft pick looks in question and now he becomes scrutinized heavily.

"What happens is, the guy gets his confidence shaken and he's not a strong enough guy to be able handle that pressure you guys put on him," Johnson continued. "He doesn't fully understand New York."

Keyshawn was rolling.

"He was just OK in college. He wasn't a home-run hitter. Then you put him in New York; that's one of the worst things you could've done. Had you put him in Green Bay and let him sit like Aaron Rodgers for several years, maybe he could've ended up like Rodgers. He was thrown into the fire right away and made two playoff appearances, and now he feels like, 'I'm the s---, nobody can tell me anything.' They started losing and his confidence was shaken, and then he has [Tim] Tebow hovering over his shoulder.

"Now they draft Geno Smith after paying [Sanchez] a bunch of money. I get it, Geno Smith in the second round, he's very talented. But I don't know if they've put Mark in the best situations throughout his career. [In 2009], with that defense and that running game, they could've gone to the playoffs with Mark Brunell at quarterback. They got to the championship games running the ball all day and playing defense.

"I would've rather had [Sanchez] on the bench and signed a hold-the-fort guy, a Vinny Testaverde type to start. If you had that, there would've been a better chance of him turning out like Rodgers. Think about it: He was a junior with 16 starts in college and he became a starter in the NFL. That's unheard of."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...red-of-sanchez

I would rather have a 47-year-old Vinny Testaverde start over Crapchez, actually.

lol, Cimini basically published the same article two days in a row.

someone thinks Geno is better than Sanchez.

riveting journalism, Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lol, Cimini basically published the same article two days in a row.

someone thinks Geno is better than Sanchez.

riveting journalism, Rich
    Seriously??

What a clown.

Hall Of Fame
    We're also tired of Keyshawn. Thanks for the Jag playoff game. But thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Seriously??

What a clown.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=257173

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Geno with the right players on O around him could possibly be an improved McNabb, it is possible. More brain power, accurate, and more of a pocket passer only time will tell we need someone to grow with this young team it will be interesting on when he gets thrown to the wolves and if he has what it takes.

All Pro
    Great article by cimini. Hes been real good this training camp. Great to hear keyshawn's thoughts as well. One of the great jet recievers of all time.

I dont think the jets ruined sanchez though. Sanchez ruined sanchez.

The fans, too, Keyshawn. Don't forget the fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Great article by cimini. Hes been real good this training camp. Great to hear keyshawn's thoughts as well. One of the great jet recievers of all time.

I dont think the jets ruined sanchez though. Sanchez ruined sanchez.
    I think you hit the nail on the head!

All Pro
    What! that thread is useless without a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    What! that thread is useless without a pic.
    Here's two:

FU Meshawn

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Geno with the right players on O around him could possibly be an improved McNabb, it is possible. More brain power, accurate, and more of a pocket passer only time will tell we need someone to grow with this young team it will be interesting on when he gets thrown to the wolves and if he has what it takes.
    An improved McNabb? I think most Jets fans would be very happy if Geno turned out as good as McNabb.

McNabb was a top 10 QB for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    An improved McNabb? I think most Jets fans would be very happy if Geno turned out as good as McNabb.

the one year they actually gave McNabb a legitimate WR he went to SB. and they always had 10+ wins. we should be so lucky

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post

That's right I forgot they were the Philadelphia McNabbs he had nobody, that's a crock of sh*t, you don't become one of the top 3 in wins in the NFCE of the decade by yourself. The point is if Geno is what some claim he is he has what McNabb lacked which as I mentioned the 3 most important things to have as a QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    the one year they actually gave McNabb a legitimate WR he went to SB. and they always had 10+ wins. we should be so lucky
    We just may be, we will see. I don't want to be lucky for 10 years been there done that, just World Champ for 1.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 08-02-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If they are sick of him, it is probably because most of the offensive players are no more talented than Sanches is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That's right I forgot they were the Philadelphia McNabbs he had nobody, that's a crock of sh*t, you don't become one of the top 3 in wins in the NFCE of the decade by yourself. The point is if Geno is what some claim he is he has what McNabb lacked which as I mentioned the 3 most important things to have as a QB.
    The one area I hope Geno is better than McNabb is in crunch time. McNabb failed miserably in the 2 minute offense most of the time.

Thus far in camp he doesn't look like he's changed one bit from last season. He's still throwing picks, still had bad accuracy, still threw the occasional pass up for grabs. Really no difference from last season.

But you'd think that would bode well for Geno, but I'm not sure it has. Considering the baseline for what Geno Smith is starting with, I think he's doing great. However, he still has a long way to go. He played in the shotgun only at WV. Now, working with drops that require good form and mechanics, he's doing well.... considering.

Geno would make 2 or 3 great plays in a row, then suddenly he'd make a mistake.

Bottom line is his play is still very pedestrian. Better than Sanchez? Yes. based on what I watched. But not good enough to net good QB play for the Jets this season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Keyshawn thinks players tired of Sanchez

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Keyshawn Johnson isn't around the Jets anymore,

I stopped reading right there

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4937651]reat to hear keyshawn's thoughts as well. One of the great jet recievers of all time.

WHAT?! Are you drunk Joe? You just stated that POS....CANCER that was Meshawn was a "great" receiver for this team????? Medicore at best. Seems your memory is flawed. F MESHAWN.....we never forget.