Thread: Today in Politics: Prof. Chomsky Calls Obama "Worlds Greatest Terrorist"

Today in Politics: Prof. Chomsky Calls Obama "Worlds Greatest Terrorist"

For the Drone program and Drone Strikes around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chomsky for those who don't know of him.

This was live, on radio, on the "The Agenda with Ari Rabin-Havt" on Sirius XM Progress.

You agree or disagree with Chomsky?

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    You agree or disagree with Chomsky?
    Who would I be, as a mere uneducated plebe layman worker, to disagree with the esteemed and learned Comrade?

Interesting enough, on the same show, he said the "threat of communism" was "almost completely manufactured and fake".

He made some good strong points about how the U.S. Govt. has used the threat de jour to basicly stay on the same footing (defense/MIC-wise) that we were when WWII ended. Commies, Narco-Hispanics (his term), Iraq, now Terrorism. Of course, his larger point was that the original source of this validation in the U.S., Communism, was never a threat at all.

An interesting interview to listen to.

Chomsky is a very interesting man, I would like to hear what he actually said or read the transcripts. Obama is Clinton 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Who would I be, as a mere uneducated plebe layman worker, to disagree with the esteemed and learned Comrade?

Interesting enough, on the same show, he said the "threat of communism" was "almost completely manufactured and fake".

He made some good strong points about how the U.S. Govt. has used the threat de jour to basicly stay on the same footing (defense/MIC-wise) that we were when WWII ended. Commies, Narco-Hispanics (his term), Iraq, now Terrorism. Of course, his larger point was that the original source of this validation in the U.S., Communism, was never a threat at all.

An interesting interview to listen to.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Whether you agree or disagree with him, at least he's consistent in his beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Whether you agree or disagree with him, at least he's consistent in his beliefs.
    Very true.

Thumbs up

FTR: I like your new "Today in ____________" series!

Can't hear Chomsky's name being brought up without pointing to this very thorough takedown:

MJT: Can you give us an example of a Noam Chomsky lie?Benjamin Kerstein: Well, the greatest of them all is his claim that there was (and possibly still is) an alliance between the United States and the Nazis. It's so blatantly deranged that several Chomsky admirers I've spoken to simply denied outright that he ever said it.
    But it's right there in his book What Uncle Sam Really Wants. Obviously, the United States never had an alliance with Nazi Germany, and the Nazi regime hasn't existed since 1945, so it would be rather difficult to conclude an alliance with it. Now, I have absolutely no idea whether Chomsky actually believes this lie or not—I doubt it—but it’s an important part of his ideology. In one of his earliest books, he wrote that America requires a process of de-Nazification. He has denied saying this, but again, it's right there in black and white. I think its impossible to understand Chomsky's politics without understanding that, to him, the US is morally equivalent to Nazi Germany and needs to be dealt with accordingly. It should be noted, by the way, that this was a very important aspect of post-war Stalinist propaganda, and I have no doubt that Chomsky adopted it from that rather dubious source.
    MJT: For a while he denied Pol Pot’s genocide in Cambodia ever happened. Then when he could no longer deny it had really occurred, he blamed it on the United States instead of the perpetrators. What do you think was initially going on in his head? Was he lying? Was he in denial? How do you explain it?Benjamin Kerstein: It would take a team of psychiatrists a hundred years to figure all of that out. I can only give you my personal speculations on the subject. I think that, in the beginning, he may have believed that it was all a frame-up by the New York Times and the US-Nazi alliance or whoever else he made up to blame it on. No doubt a great deal of wishful thinking on his part was involved, but it’s possible he was sincere in his conspiracy theories.

Then, as the facts became more difficult to deny and he started looking worse as a result, things got more complicated. At some point, he must have realized that he was saying things that in all likelihood were false. My guess is that he justified it in two ways: First, by relativizing it. Something along the lines of “whatever the Khmer Rouge may have done, it can't be as bad as what America did in Vietnam, or Chile, or Indonesia, etc. Therefore, I am justified in continuing to defend the regime.” Second, by demonizing his opponents, by saying “whatever the Khmer Rouge may have done, it's more important not to allow my opponents to win, because they are evil, and it is morally wrong to allow evil to win.”

Then, when the really horrendous scope of the genocide became clear, he was faced with having to admit he'd been wrong and owning up to it publicly. That is something Chomsky has never done and will never do. Perhaps he has a very fragile ego under all the bluster. It certainly seems like it. In any event, blaming anything and everything bad that happens in the world on the United States has always been Chomsky's default position. So once he'd exhausted all other possibilities of escape, that's what he fell back on. And he'll keep doing it until his dying day. You will never get a mea culpa from him on anything, and certainly not on Cambodia, which is probably the biggest disgrace of his career.

What is truly sad is that if you look at the claims Chomsky attacked in his famous article on the subject, they turned out to be mostly accurate in terms of the number of dead, etc. Now, at the time (most people don't know or have forgotten this) there was a serious debate over possible military intervention to stop the killing. I could be wrong, but I think it was Paul Berman who said that Chomsky helped shift the debate from what to do about the genocide to whether it was even happening. I doubt any words I could write would constitute a more damning indictment than that.
    http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/b...t-totalitarian

Jets Insider VIP
    Chomsky is the worst jew in history. **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Chomsky is the worst jew in history. **** him.
    I'll go with David Berkowitz or Joel Rifkin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

They both lacked the presence of a strong Jewish mother;

"So....not killing them... would have killed you?"

-

Undrafted Free Agent

Calling him a terrorist is a stretch. calling him the worst terrorist on the planet is silly.

i am anti drone through. back in my days it was called a cruise missle and it was used VERY sparingly against extreme threats. it seems like pusssies in washington are constantly flying them into people, innocent or guilty. i see the value of taking out CERTAIN people but the downside is huge. its not the american way to me

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

ill go with rick rubin or richard simmons

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    They both lacked the presence of a strong Jewish mother;

"So....not killing them... would have killed you?"

-
    LOL!

Chompsky is the worlds biggest Douchbag.