Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Board Feedback Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    Making it so the board doesn't go down in the first preseason action of the year would be nice.
    DITTO.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??

Takes all the excitement out of it when you have to waaaaaiiiittttt.....for the "database" NOT to have an error.

I've had to go over to....*gasp*...TGG of all places to read what they were saying during their Preseason Game thread on this game.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol TGG. Such an awful board. The less of Sanchez fanboy Hobbit I have to deal with, the better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try installing a new smiley pack. The current ones are so bland that you can barely tell them apart.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a disastrous change. It is a downgrade.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, lots of ingrates in this thread.

Anyways, so far my only criticisms are the emoticons, and

Insert Image From Computer should not be the default option; almost no one ever uses it on forums, and also I don't think JI would want to host peoples photos from peoples computers. It should be the secondary option, not the default.

Secondly, the checkbox for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" should not be checked off as a default; each time you add a URL you get an error stating that the 'remote file is too large'; just leave this box unchecked as a default. Each time you uncheck it, it comes back checked off with the next image you want to insert.
    This is a pain in the ass....I like the new format overall though.

(sorry about the formatting, pasted from another thread)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro tip: when you want to post an image from a website, simply right click the image and select "copy image" (NOT COPY IMAGE/LINK URL!), and then come back to the postbox and right click inside and select "paste". Now you don't have to deal with inserting the image via the dialog box.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    DITTO.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??

Takes all the excitement out of it when you have to waaaaaiiiittttt.....for the "database" NOT to have an error.

I've had to go over to....*gasp*...TGG of all places to read what they were saying during their Preseason Game thread on this game.....
    Same here, got my first post there and saw I was a member since 2007. Did not feel right....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried doing a search for a thread (which I did on the old board all of the time) that I know exists to avoid posting a new thread about the same thing. However, it just said I don't have the privileges to do the search. Is that right or is there some error with the board?

I don't want to have to post a new thread for no reason. Thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Try installing a new smiley pack. The current ones are so bland that you can barely tell them apart.
    agree, that was one of the highlights of the old one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to clicking on a poster's profile and getting 'find more posts by XXX'?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What happened to clicking on a poster's profile and getting 'find more posts by XXX'?
    I think there's still a button similar to that, but it never works for me. Dunno what happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the new board but Jets insider stopped following @reallimolady on Twitter & vice versa. Did the new board reset your social media contacts? Looks great & congrads on the upgrade, I always enjoy posting here. (-;

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Love the new board but Jets insider stopped following @reallimolady on Twitter & vice versa. Did the new board reset your social media contacts? Looks great & congrads on the upgrade, I always enjoy posting here. (-;

wow Limo sighting! season must be getting close

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty unreadable on the iPhone...and writing in thread is a nightmare. Why get Tapatalk...just use a mobile friendly platform

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using Chrome browser on Android phone, pages open zoomed too far into the top left corner. When fixing zoom to appropriate "full page" view, the default text size is way too small. This didn't become a problem until about 1 week after the forum upgrade.
    Last edited by parafly; 08-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I use Chrome, my experiences exactly.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a reason why I can't check (in my statistics) my own previous posts? I used to be able before the update?

Board Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Using Chrome browser on Android phone, pages open zoomed too far into the top left corner. When fixing zoom to appropriate "full page" view, the default text size is way too small. This didn't become a problem until about 1 week after the forum upgrade.
    We are aware of this and are working on implementing a responsive mobile theme.

Board Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    Is there a reason why I can't check (in my statistics) my own previous posts? I used to be able before the update?
    The "Find latest posts" link in My Profile utilizes the search functionality which is only available to VIP members. The "My Activity" tab in My Profile may be used as an alternative.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    The "Find latest posts" link in My Profile utilizes the search functionality which is only available to VIP members. The "My Activity" tab in My Profile may be used as an alternative.
    LOL... you charge people for that?