Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Board Feedback Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Is notification broken for Rep received? It was working at one point I thought.
    It is working for me. Wish they let us see who gave us the Rep.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    BTW: Tapatalk just released their new updated version yesterday and they stopped charging for it. It's now free. Download it at the iTunes app store or android.
    Did they notify you that it is free b.c they will be using ads? Sites like yours are going to be making $$$ for Tapatalk now. Hope the site owners are in on it b.c that would suck.

Ddny, my dude, we need to get you tapatalk 4 beta. Very stable and no ads.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pro tip: when you want to post an image from a website, simply right click the image and select "copy image" (NOT COPY IMAGE/LINK URL!), and then come back to the postbox and right click inside and select "paste". Now you don't have to deal with inserting the image via the dialog box.
    Aha....thankee, Mr McG

Hall Of Fame
    Ddny, my dude, we need to get you tapatalk 4 beta. Very stable and no ads.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    I use iOS mate. From what I hear pretty soon every version of Tapatalk will include ads. They haven't started it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I use iOS mate. From what I hear pretty soon every version of Tapatalk will include ads. They haven't started it yet though.
    iOS? MATE PLS

I'm pretty sure iPhone would have the beta, too.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Hall Of Fame
    iOS? MATE PLS

I'm pretty sure iPhone would have the beta, too.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    No. Tapatalk 4 is for android. Tapatalk Pro is for iOS. Not sure why they have different names but they are practically the same.

Tapatalk Pro was released the other day and all the problems went away. I now have full functionality.

Tapatalk will have ads in the future. Not sure if the paid versions will have ads but I heard on another forum that Tapatalk sent a notice to forum owners that they will be using ads soon which is why they can give the app away for free.

Lol swagless tapafail.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Jets Insider VIP
    Is there a faq or something for the changes? Like why do you still have your old level but then only one green square? Two of those things?
    And what about status, is that gone?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Probably a dumb question and a user issue, but when I reply to a post I no longer have any menus at the top of the reply box as to font style, size, color, bold/italics/underline and the like? Even the emoticons, which I do see to the menu on the right and seem clickable, do not do apply to my posts. Do I need to enable this somehow? Can't find where for the life of me. (My tablet still has these old options btw) Can someone help a chowd fella out?
    The advanced editor options require javascript. Is javascript enabled in your browser? Are you running and ad blocker?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wish they let us see who gave us the Rep.
    Now you can!

You can now see the last 25 users who left you a rating. It's under the Reputation tab in "My Profile". You can overide this setting by going to Settings->General Settings->Reputation Level->Hide Reputation

User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of a user's benefit to JI. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of forum users that choose take part in it. Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take away points by approving or disapproving a post's content. Members must leave a comment in order to give negative reputation.

I am having a problem with the site. The Hernandez thread shows zero replies and when I click on it it has like 6. When I go to the drop down window to go back to the Landing Strip, it still shows zero replies. When I click refresh still no repiles. You guys using dem NASDAQ servers?

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone else experiencing some intermittent outages or unavailability of the site today? I've had a few occasions where the site won't load, although other websites in other tabs are fine and refreshing at the same time I couldn't refresh JI.

Unable to access the site all day and got every message in the book.

-The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

-Database error

The Jets Insider database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    * Open the www.jetsinsider.com home page, then try to open another page.
    * Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.jetsinsider.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

-Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.jetsinsider.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

-Jetsinsider.com is down temporarily. Please check back later.

A great feature would be if the board didn't go down every 5 minutes...

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Jets Insider VIP
    Was the server down today about 1PM due to weather/server problems ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Now you can!

You can now see the last 25 users who left you a rating. It's under the Reputation tab in "My Profile". You can overide this setting by going to Settings->General Settings->Reputation Level->Hide Reputation

User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of a user's benefit to JI. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of forum users that choose take part in it. Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take away points by approving or disapproving a post's content. Members must leave a comment in order to give negative reputation.
    LOL - Ray Ray gave me a negative because he didn't like my 'personal attack' on him. Is this how it's supposed to work? Is it only members who can give out these ratings or anyone?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    LOL - Ray Ray gave me a negative because he didn't like my 'personal attack' on him. Is this how it's supposed to work? Is it only members who can give out these ratings or anyone?
    Basically, yes - any JI member can. Conversely you can go to one of his posts and neg his rep too.

I'm not sure how the algorithm works, but you can't incessantly spam someone with negative rep - the same goes for blowing smoke for positive report on the other side of the spectrum. I think you are also limited by the amount of rep (neg or pos) you can mete out on a given day.

I suspect that there a certain posters that are already in the gray (neutral) or red rankings already.

Jets Insider VIP

User Gallery

So can anyone tell me how this exactly works? I uploaded a bunch of stuff the other day, but now I don't see the images there.
    Will they stay there forever, and is there a storage limit?

Sadly, it already looks like gifs cannot be uploaded to said galleries. :sobs in corner:

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Basically, yes - any JI member can. Conversely you can go to one of his posts and neg his rep too.

I'm not sure how the algorithm works, but you can't incessantly spam someone with negative rep - the same goes for blowing smoke for positive report on the other side of the spectrum. I think you are also limited by the amount of rep (neg or pos) you can mete out on a given day.

I suspect that there a certain posters that are already in the gray (neutral) or red rankings already.
    Thanks for that response. Where do I go to give you good rep for helping out?