Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Board Feedback Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    somebody on here is suddenly being extra nice and sucking up - LOLOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    One thing I immediately noticed is that the new board is much faster. Did anyone else notice that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    The e-speak term is "snappier".

I think it is, yes. Although the pics thread has been slow to load lately, ever since the last "this page contains unsafe content/malware episode a month or so ago.
    So when my wife says our sex life is "snappier", she didn't mean it in a good way?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My initial thought has been said several times: it looks like all the other team sites. The old JI was unique that way.
    Still, change is inevitable and I will adapt.

Sooth, Thanks for all you & the mods do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Much easier for the mods to secretly read everyone's PMs.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the pulldown menu at the bottom of the page for quick navigation. I prefer the old pushbutton that brought you back to the front of the forum you were viewing with just a single click. The new method requires a click, then a selection of a desired forum, then a second click. So three steps are now needed instead of just one.

Also, I really liked the "view first unread" link that let you skip right to the next post aftet the last one you read in a given thread with just a single click. I hope that comes back. BTW, the "view first unread" link was not functioning correctly on the old site for the last several days.
    Last edited by Jet Fan RI; 08-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fan RI View Post
    I don't like the pulldown menu at the bottom of the page for quick navigation. I prefer the old pushbutton that brought you back to the front of the forum you were viewing with just a single click. The new method requires a click, then a selection of a desired forum, then a second click. So three steps are now needed instead of just one.

Also, I really liked the "view first unread" link that let you skip right to the next post aftet the last one you read in a given thread with just a single click. I hope that comes back. BTW, the "view first unread" link was not functioning correctly on the old site for the last several days.
    Take another look. Right underneath this

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there a chatroom fetaure that we can use on gameday?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly related to the forums, but where did the 2013 training camp photo gallery go?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the blue buttons that take you directly to the posts you've not read.
    Glad to see the "Back-to-thread" button at the bottom center were we like it.
    DOES seem very quick to me...

All Good!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    My initial thought has been said several times: it looks like all the other team sites. The old JI was unique that way.
    Still, change is inevitable and I will adapt.

Sooth, Thanks for all you & the mods do.
    +1

I used to post on YDKF which must use the same software, I liked the unique style of JI when I came here.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe too difficult perhaps have twitters on the right side second and current board posts first then no adjustment necessary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an issue. before the board went down, I was able to access it normally on my phone using wifi. after the update, the site no longer loads for me (says it's unavailable) on wifi, but loads fine when I'm using 4g. I've cleared my cache, restarted my browser, but the issue still exists.

idk if my ip was accidentally added to a blacklist of sorts, but it's crazy. it's only ji that I have this issue with.

#TappingWhileTalking

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Question Sooth?

When you clicked on a thread using Tapatalk, it would take you.to the latest unread post. Now it seems to take you.back to post number one?

Could be something I fouled up.
    LOL. I could have sworn you were gone through the weekend. You live a charmed life here my friend. Or you have a batphone to Commissioner Gordon's office.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Take another look. Right underneath this
    Oh yeah. I see it now. Thanks. So let me revise my comment to say that it would be better to bold the link that returns you to the front of the forum you are viewing, and to un-bold (is that a word?) the quick navigation pulldown menu.

And the "view first unread" link is greatly missed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    One thing I immediately noticed is that the new board is much faster. Did anyone else notice that?
    ah not yet but I did notice the music threads...the address comes on but not the actual video...temporary?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute. I see a "view first unread" link in some threads. But there isn't such a link in this particular thread. What gives?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks but he's jinxed enough with the seperated shoulder...
    Edit: Sorry this was a reply to Apache 51...I screwed it up...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks great. Modern, clean. Definitely better.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind. I see that if you post into a thread, the "view first unread" link disappears because you just made a post into the thread, so there are no unread posts in that thread. The link does appear in any thread you have not posted into, and any thread that does contain posts you in fact have not read.

So it appears the "view first unread" link works even better now than before.

Sorry for the confusion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another forum I'm on (not football related) just switched to this format too. Don't like it there, don't like it here, but I guess there's reason everyone is switching to it. It's hard to read and see. The envelopes aren't distingusihable, it's harder to see what a post is and distinguish it from others, and the quote takes up so much space, why is there all that space in between paragraphs? etc etc