Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Board Feedback Thread

Board Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to let you know that we are looking at all of your comments and in the coming days as we add features and plug ins, we are going to address every concern. If you don't see a change immediately, don't be concerned because the whole process will probably take a few weeks. Thanks again for you patience.
    For those who have issues with aesthetics, please include you device type, operating system and browser if possible. Thanks everyone and keep the feedback coming!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the board looks fine. For the most part, I think the issue is people have trouble with change. They'll adapt to it and accept it eventually. I, myself, post on other boards that are WAY brighter than this, so the white really doesn't bother me.

Only things I would say that need to be fixed are the the "page select" buttons. They're, for some reason, blue. Pretty odd.

Also, and this is just my opinion, but the forum banner looks odd. I know it's supposed to look like a bunch of fans in the stadium, but it looks more like random noise. Perhaps a banner that has the JI logo in the center and then the OLine and DLine on either side. That would look pretty clean. Just a suggestion, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the picture gallery at the top. Never thought I'd hear myself saying that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm typically resistant to change, and was not completely pleased with the new look, but it is already starting to grow on me.

What I would most like to see is the NEW POSTS button back as I have already posted.

Beyond that it would be nice if we could get some of the features like the depth chart, roster Tailgating tabs brought up to date.

I do appreciate the effort and expense to keep up with,,,, Board Technology, and the opportunity to offer feed back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if it is the board or not but my flash has crashed like 4 times in the last 30 min on this site. I normally dont have an issue unless im running like 20 pages.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we get rid of the ads located immediately to the right of people's posts? It is annoying/distracting. The other locations for ads are fine.

Also, still didn't see a response as to whether a chat room exists. Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Can we get rid of the ads located immediately to the right of people's posts? It is annoying/distracting. The other locations for ads are fine.
    Do you use Firefox?

If so, you should get the NoScript and Adblocker Plug-ins. Using those together, you will not see those annoying ads to the right of your post. I know this because I use them and have never seen ANY AD where you said it was.

Oh and to the Board Administrator, I notice that if someone wants to see his/her email, they would have to go and click on notifications whereas in the old board, you would see right away if/when someone had sent you a message.

What I'm asking is if a poster is sent a PM, does that show up automatically or do you still have to click on "Notifications" in order to see if you have any mail? If it's the latter, I find this very tedious.
    Last edited by Vin; 08-05-2013 at 10:50 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Looks good Sooth. I know kinda ghey, but I like the other smileys better. These new ones all kinda look the same.

Nice avatar
    you mean this one? thanks! I like it myself.
    botw_0907_izism.jpg

Board Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh and to the Board Administrator, I notice that if someone wants to see his/her email, they would have to go and click on notifications whereas in the old board, you would see right away if/when someone had sent you a message.

What I'm asking is if a poster is sent a PM, does that show up automatically or do you still have to click on "Notifications" in order to see if you have any mail? If it's the latter, I find this very tedious.
    There is a setting for this.

Settings -> General Settings -> Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just throwing stuff out there, put the Blog Talk Radio right after the 2013 season and draft or something like that higher up so it's picked up quicker, 2012 info not so important. Also, I bookmark and come directly in on the Forums page I would come in on the Home page if all I had to do is click on a lil football to the right that takes me directly to forums, or does that already exist? Nit picking.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    What I would most like to see is the NEW POSTS button back as I have already posted.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again just throwing stuff out, put orange arrow on top left of envelope for posted in thread, reads right into headline. Any way to have something to show you posted in a thread that you clicked into like coming in from New Forum Posts, because you want to continue to see if someone may have replied, or if you didn't post you move on? Don't know if these are warranted, cost too much money, picky just a suggestion. The update is awesome.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 08-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sucks

used to be able to change forums quickly by changing the number at the end of the url. 27 to 55 and back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    sucks

used to be able to change forums quickly by changing the number at the end of the url. 27 to 55 and back.
    So you were remembering the hardcoded numbers in the URL in order to navigate between forums instead of using links, menus, etc?

Do you also type phone numbers when you call people or select them from your address book like normal people do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Don't forget 31 as well

Much quicker than scrolling to the bottom of the page and using the Quick Navigation drop down menu.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    sucks

You can still have two tabs open , one for LS and one for Hampur.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So you were remembering the hardcoded numbers in the URL in order to navigate between forums instead of using links, menus, etc?

Do you also type phone numbers when you call people or select them from your address book like normal people do?

Lol.

When I clicked on the URL bar in chrome...it would automatically highlight the last two numbers in the old urls. And since I can navigate a number pad much faster than I can use a mouse, it became a second nature way to navigate between forums.

I'll adjust...lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

I suppose you're just messing around but....

Uhh...normal people DO type phone numbers when they call someone.

I don't get this analogy/comparison/whatever it is that you're getting at.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad you finally upgraded, Sooth. Board looks great.

I'm running vbulletin 4.1.10 on YDKF, and it's been rock solid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with whoever said the background is very bright white. Using a PC with Windows OS and Chrome browser