Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love Sheldon Richardson's attitude

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Sheldon Richardson's attitude

I can't believe this guy is a rookie what with his confident attitude, well I guess his play definitely warrants it. Here all the players are talking about the upcoming Panther game going on and on about how tough it's going to be, what a challenge it will be, how good their defensive line, dominate time of possession, really good in the red zone, and Sheldon says "I like my chances in the red zone. We're pretty good in the red zone. Our defense is pretty good". Heh

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...6-4d134b18f2e4

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I can't believe this guy is a rookie what with his confident attitude, well I guess his play definitely warrants it. Here all the players are talking about the upcoming Panther game going on and on about how tough it's going to be, what a challenge it will be, how good their defensive line, dominate time of possession, really good in the red zone, and Sheldon says "I like my chances in the red zone. We're pretty good in the red zone. Our defense is pretty good". Heh

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...6-4d134b18f2e4
    Me too. Keyshawn had it too and the sojf's hated him. You want players with attitude as long they perform. That's why I love Manziel too. Especially in NY.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Me too. Keyshawn had it too and the sojf's hated him. You want players with attitude as long they perform. That's why I love Manziel too. Especially in NY.
    I just belched up some vomit from that last comment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a very unique individual, from day one he never sounded like a rookie. Every time he gives the media a sound bite he comes across as confident, a leader by example - he has a great future a head of him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson is our best DL right now, but I really believe that Richardson has the potential to surpass him in another year or two.

It's pretty damn crazy how young and talented our DL is.

Almost unprecedented.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manziel won't do Jack s*** in the NFL. Pop Warner arm mixed with the frame of a middle school boy doesn't bode well for his prospects

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While on the subject of Richardson...if anyone noticed on the 63 yard td run by Reece...Richardson is huge...almost like an action figure

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats why johnny football would be a perfect fit for the jets here in NYC

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Thats gross. LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    Stop ruining the Sheldon Richardson love thread with Johnny Football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sheldon Richardson: I'm No. 1 in redo: |
    Special to ESPNNewYork.com -
    - If the NFL were to redo the 2013 draft, rookie defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson doesn't believe he'd be with the New York Jets.

The way he sees it, the Jets -- who took him 13th overall and also owned the ninth pick -- wouldn't even have a shot at grabbing him.

Sheldon Richardson went 13th in April's draft, but he may be playing better than any other rookie.
    "Probably No. 1, most likely," Richardson said of where he'd go in a redraft. "Kansas City? Yeah. I went into the draft thinking I'd be the No. 1 pick. I had a shot."

While there was little scuttlebutt ahead of the draft in April regarding Richardson being a potential No. 1 pick, his play this season certainly makes him as valuable as any other rookie and would warrant consideration for the top pick in a draft redo. Richardson has been a stud on the Jets' defensive line, and he will be one of the top candidates for the league's defensive rookie of the year award.

Jets coach Rex Ryan believes Richardson deserves the honor.

"I just look at the film. Base it on production. Production's a huge part of it," Ryan said. "But the way he plays, he's got that relentless motor, and for a defensive tackle being as productive as he is -- it doesn't necessarily show on the sack total [he has 3.5], but he's got [27] hits on the quarterback -- and [there's also] the way he's played the screen game. His tackles are probably among the league leaders for defensive linemen.

"Tape doesn't lie."

With the ninth pick, the Jets selected cornerback Dee Milliner, who has struggled in his rookie season and has been benched multiple times.

Richardson said he interviewed with the Chiefs at the combine, but there wasn't any talk of him being in play for the top pick. The Chiefs were instead interested in drafting an offensive tackle, and although Richardson was productive at Missouri, he had some off-field issues.

He'd likely be in play for the top pick in a redraft, however, as no rookie quarterback has shined and many of the other top picks haven't stood out. Richardson has been one of the few standout rookies from the start.

One player who was talked up as a potential top pick, and has delivered thus far, is Carolina Panthers defensive lineman Star Lotulelei. Like Richardson, however, Lotulelei (who has a heart condition) slipped to the middle of the first round and was selected 14th. The Jets obviously had their choice of either player but decided to go with Richardson because of his athleticism and their faith in the young interior lineman, according to Ryan.

"Both those guys are playing extremely well," Ryan said. "For us, as much as I like the big guy, I think [Richardson] fit us better and I like the pick there of Sheldon. He's had a tremendous year and he's got a great future here."

While Richardson or Lotulelei can be debated all day, there's no denying that Richardson has been a grand slam of a pick for the Jets. He has the most tackles by any Jets defensive lineman and has 11 tackles for losses, the 3.5 sacks and 27 quarterback hits, all of which rank among the top three on the team.

Richardson believes the Jets made the right call selecting him over Lotulelei.

"Most definitely. I still think I'm 13, 12 picks late if you ask me. Just playing," Richardson said with a laugh. "It's all fun and games, and I'm glad he's balling too. Thirteen, 14 and now we're both going for defensive rookie of the year. Can't ask for much better than that."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. The guy is dirty and has swagger. Love it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats what the NFL needs. another 'i'm the greatest' player...i didn't like that quote at all...but i'm old school...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We finally got our Warren Sapp! Too many years to late but Sheldons gonna be a monster, Barnes getting hurt really hurt us, I mean sh*t if Pace can play this well because of our Dline, Barnes would have balled all freaking year. We have to get an edge rusher!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    yeah thats what the NFL needs. another 'i'm the greatest' player...i didn't like that quote at all...but i'm old school...
    Maybe the NFL doesn't need one, but the Jets sure do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Maybe the NFL doesn't need one, but the Jets sure do.
    GOT THAT RIGHT!

Great thing is, he's not a prick about it. Him and Wilkerson are going to be terrorists. They are still babies! Crazy

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn right!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Do you go on every thread just to hate on Manziel and anyone who doesn't despise him like you do?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoy21 View Post
    Damn right!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoy21 View Post
    Do you go on every thread just to hate on Manziel and anyone who doesn't despise him like you do?
    You idiots better stop mucking up my girl's Sheldon Richardson beast mode thread! FINAL WARNING!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You idiots better stop mucking up my girl's Sheldon Richardson beast mode thread! FINAL WARNING!
    CAN'T WAIT!