Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Board Feedback Thread

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New Board Feedback Thread

Thanks for your patience during our upgrade last night. Everything went reasonably smooth during the transition and we will be tweaking and adding more features in the coming days.

In the meantime, if you are having any issues or problems please post it here.

Also, if there are any cool features on this board that you are aware of that we are not using that you would like to see, please post it and we will consider adding it.

Thanks again, we appreciate you as a member of this community!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the link at the bottom of each thread that took you directly back to the front page of the forum you were on, landing strip, baseball, etc.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Sooth...thanks

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Thanks for your patience during our upgrade last night. Everything went reasonably smooth during the transition and we will be tweaking and adding more features in the coming days.

Also, if there are any cool features on this board that you are aware of that we are not using that you would like to see, please post it and we will consider adding it.

my bad

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    I miss the link at the bottom of each thread that took you directly back to the front page of the forum you were on, landing strip, baseball, etc.
    It's there.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Well done Sooth...thanks
    Cally was just down in the boro, town next door signing stuff I put jinx on him, lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. I think the option to thank users for their posts and also the add to their reputation star would be great as well..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you get back to the board? I do not see a go button at the bottom of the pages?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else having trouble with Tapatalk 2. I tried clearing the cache and uninstalling/re-installing to no avail.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's there.
    I think he means the link that used to be dead center on the bottom of the page. There is a link below right now but you have to use the drop down and find the link back to the front page of the forum you are in. Its default is to bring you to the top of the page you're on. Not a big deal.

I miss the "tree" up top, where you could see where you were, and just click back to anywhere in that "tree"

Like the new look, nice update.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I think he means the link that used to be dead center on the bottom of the page. There is a link below right now but you have to use the drop down and find the link back to the front page of the forum you are in. Its default is to bring you to the top of the page you're on. Not a big deal.

I miss the "tree" up top, where you could see where you were, and just click back to anywhere in that "tree"

Yeah, the dead center one was the easy default way to get back to the forum page. But the tree is still up there . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anybody else having trouble with Tapatalk 2. I tried clearing the cache and uninstalling/re-installing to no avail.
    Tapatalk 4 is out now, which is what I'm using, and I haven't had any problems yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I use the new Tapatalk (4? HD? Something like that) and works fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Thanks for the update. I think the option to thank users for their posts and also the add to their reputation star would be great as well..
    +1, would really like to see that. I'd add the unrep capability as well.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the default being "Quick Reply" as I prefer the older, advanced option. All in all, a very good upgrade.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Sooth. I know kinda ghey, but I like the other smileys better. These new ones all kinda look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Nice avatar
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 08-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollywhoppin View Post
    Tapatalk 4 is out now, which is what I'm using, and I haven't had any problems yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    I use the new Tapatalk (4? HD? Something like that) and works fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    I think that it might be only available for Android. I am on iOS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two of the distinguishing qualities of the old JI board which led to great convenience and overall improved user experience were the awesomely unique emoticons for basically any mood or feeling, and the "New Posts" quick link at the top of the page which more or less simply performed an 'autosearch' for the newest posts from every single forum since your latest activity on the page.

I can't seem to find either.

Edit to add: Also, and this may just be because I'm so used to 8 years of the old JI, but I really don't like the boxed 'cookie cutter' look of the new board. Understandably, it's probably vbulletin's new 'chic' look, but it sucks. The old JI was much easier to read.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful Sooth. Just voicing my opinions.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 08-03-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. It's been replaced with a drop down menu with the misnomer of "quick navigation", which is anything but. Also, is it just me, or does the site load MUCH slower than the old one?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    +1, would really like to see that. I'd add the unrep capability as well.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the default being "Quick Reply" as I prefer the older, advanced option. All in all, a very good upgrade.
    +1 Makes it much easier when you copy and paste larger articles and info.