Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Board Feedback Thread

All League
    We fear change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank you for all that you do for us and the Jets.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Yeah, the dead center one was the easy default way to get back to the forum page. But the tree is still up there . . .
    I'm pretty sure we can add that back. Stay tuned.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Two of the distinguishing qualities of the old JI board which led to great convenience and overall improved user experience were the awesomely unique emoticons for basically any mood or feeling, and the "New Posts" quick link at the top of the page which more or less simply performed an 'autosearch' for the newest posts from every single forum since your latest activity on the page.

I can't seem to find either.

Edit to add: Also, and this may just be because I'm so used to 8 years of the old JI, but I really don't like the boxed 'cookie cutter' look of the new board. Understandably, it's probably vbulletin's new 'chic' look, but it sucks. The old JI was much easier to read.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful Sooth. Just voicing my opinions.
    When we loaded the new board we did it without all the plugins and features the old board had. We wanted to make sure it installed OK and ran smoothly. Over the next few days we will be re-adding all of the old features as well as some new ones. However, just to remind us, if you see any of the old features that are not here post in this thread and eventually they will be back.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    One thing I immediately noticed is that the new board is much faster. Did anyone else notice that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    Right. It's been replaced with a drop down menu with the misnomer of "quick navigation", which is anything but. Also, is it just me, or does the site load MUCH slower than the old one?
    You can now go right back to the Landing Strip page by clicking on "The Landing Strip," which is the default option, or use the drop down menu. I think the drop down is a great addition because it gives you quick access to additional options.

I like it Sooth. Will just take a little getting used to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    One thing I immediately noticed is that the new board is much faster. Did anyone else notice that?
    Yes. I was also going to mention that. Much faster here for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    By the way, what happened to the feature at the bottom of each thread where you could see who was viewing each thread?

Edit: Ah ha. There it is.
    Last edited by Jordy; 08-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The e-speak term is "snappier".

I think it is, yes. Although the pics thread has been slow to load lately, ever since the last "this page contains unsafe content/malware episode a month or so ago.

Looks friendlier. The "nasty" posts won't seem as nasty. Good job. (It does seem faster too)

I think it's funny that the people who keep asking for a "rep" system would easily be getting down-voted by me consistently. Go figure. (guess they need affirmation on how to think)
    Site looks pretty good, although not as green as the last one...
    Also agree on that center link/back button.

edit: and there is the strip link. haha

All Pro
    I agree with others who have said that some of the unique "JIness" has been lost and I just don't like change in general but really I'm here for the Jets updates and the finger-sniffers so whatever's clever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks for the update, Sean and the hard work and expense needed to.get it done quickly. Let us know if any additional financial help is needed to keep JI the best Jet site on the web

Maybe a bit of a stupid question but is there anyway the thread titles could be more bold or a darker green so they stand out like when you have not read them.

Just all the page looks compact, other then that looks great.

Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When we loaded the new board we did it without all the plugins and features the old board had. We wanted to make sure it installed OK and ran smoothly. Over the next few days we will be re-adding all of the old features as well as some new ones. However, just to remind us, if you see any of the old features that are not here post in this thread and eventually they will be back.
    Does that include Tex??

Jets Insider VIP
    Question Sooth?

When you clicked on a thread using Tapatalk, it would take you.to the latest unread post. Now it seems to take you.back to post number one?

Could be something I fouled up.

I thought I saw a post about a radio station covering the Green and White scrimmage. I went to use the search function and it said search was disabled. Anyone know what time the game is and who is broadcasting. I didnt want to start a new thread to ask. Otherwise the board looks good.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it was NY ESPN 98.7

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Maybe a bit of a stupid question but is there anyway the thread titles could be more bold or a darker green so they stand out like when you have not read them.

Just all the page looks compact, other then that looks great.

Thanks.
    YES! That's what's going on here! It's hard to tell if you read a thread or not! That was a very useful feature!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Question Sooth?

When you clicked on a thread using Tapatalk, it would take you.to the latest unread post. Now it seems to take you.back to post number one?

Could be something I fouled up.
    Welcome back.

You can change that in your Tapatalk settings.