Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manziel under investigation

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I'm not sure a team would give up a 4th round pick on Manzeil right now. The kids shoulders are barely wider than his helmet....LOL.
    I remember people saying Pryor would be a 1st round sup pick coming off the Cam pick. Oakland gave up a 3rd and he may have been a better pro prospect then Johnny. I dont think anyone has given up a 1st in decades. Bernie maybe the last one I can remember. Brooks should have been and was only like a 3rd as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid is a helluva college player.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Kid is a helluva college player.

Great college QB? Sure.

Great pro prospect? Far from it.

The kid has the frame of the starting QB on your local high schools JV squad.

I've seen people bring up Russell Wilson as to why Manziel will go early. That's just ridiculous. Literally the only knock on Russell coming out was his height. Kid excelled in a pro style offense in college and broke the NCAA record for most pass attempts without an interception. Wilson is the exception to the height requirement, not the rule. Just because Wilson had a successful rookie year doesn't mean that scouts and front office personnel are going to start snatching up sub 6'0 QB's all willy nilly. They still want that 6'5 240 guy.

And even though Wilson is only 5'11, he still has a solid, stocky build.

Manziel literally has the build of a 16 year old high school kid. Sec101 made the comment that his helmet is almost as wide as his shoulders, and that really isn't far off.

Not to mention he comes from a gimmicky Texas A&M offense, had two total studs in front of him on the OL (Joekel/Matthews) and is a huge douchebag to boot.

I honestly don't think anyone will touch him until the 3rd round at the earliest.

Well...you can never rule out the Raiders.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Great college QB? Sure.

Great pro prospect? Far from it.

The kid has the frame of the starting QB on your local high schools JV squad.

I've seen people bring up Russell Wilson as to why Manziel will go early. That's just ridiculous. Literally the only knock on Russell coming out was his height. Kid excelled in a pro style offense in college and broke the NCAA record for most pass attempts without an interception. Wilson is the exception to the height requirement, not the rule. Just because Wilson had a successful rookie year doesn't mean that scouts and front office personnel are going to start snatching up sub 6'0 QB's all willy nilly. They still want that 6'5 240 guy.

And even though Wilson is only 5'11, he still has a solid, stocky build.

Manziel literally has the build of a 16 year old high school kid. Sec101 made the comment that his helmet is almost as wide as his shoulders, and that really isn't far off.

Not to mention he comes from a gimmicky Texas A&M offense, had two total studs in front of him on the OL (Joekel/Matthews) and is a huge douchebag to boot.

I honestly don't think anyone will touch him until the 3rd round at the earliest.

Well...you can never rule out the Raiders.
    Plus Wilson's maturity level was light years ahead of Manzeil's. A&M caught teams by surprise last year, it was their first year in the SEC and no one really knew what Manzeil was all about. I doubt he runs through the SEC this year like he did last. Teams are going to be looking to knock the s**t out of him this year. He may not finish the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A half game suspension what a crock of ****.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NCAA is a ****ing joke with this ruling

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    The NCAA is a ****ing joke with this ruling
    The thing that gets me is. If I where black I would so be using the race card on this one. Wasnt Pryor pretty much kick out of school for pretty much the same thing. OK 5 games but in essence it was the only reason he left. He sold some memorabilia for a lot less then what is being reported here. I want Oboma to address this. lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Came in the 2nd half and lighting it up. This kid can play and will succeed at the next level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The thing that gets me is. If I where black I would so be using the race card on this one. Wasnt Pryor pretty much kick out of school for pretty much the same thing. OK 5 games but in essence it was the only reason he left. He sold some memorabilia for a lot less then what is being reported here. I want Oboma to address this. lol
    The problem for the NCAA is that they had no proof. Which basically means nobody came forward and said that they paid him and he didn't admit to anything. Manziel has a decent argument b.c it doesn't make sense for him to try and make money from autographs b.c he comes from a rich family. He doesn't need the pocket money. The NCAA has proof that the kids from OSU made $$.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem for the NCAA is that they had no proof. Which basically means nobody came forward and said that they paid him and he didn't admit to anything. Manziel has a decent argument b.c it doesn't make sense for him to try and make money from autographs b.c he comes from a rich family. He doesn't need the pocket money. The NCAA has proof that the kids from OSU made $$.
    So the 3 venders that said they paid him to sign autographs dont count?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    True. Manzeil lawyer up and told the NCAA they better have proof beyond a he said/she said comment from the autograph vendors or they will sue the NCAA for hurting Manzeil's draft stock and loss of future earnings. Without solid proof the NCAA wanted no part of this.

Besides it is very likely Manzeil did not get money from signing autographs RIGHT NOW, but rather it could be deferred until he leaves A&M in January. There is still a provision in the NCAA by-laws that prohibit that, but it is really hard to prove at this point. The shame of all this is that the proof he took money will come out AFTER Manzeil leaves A&M and the school is going to left as the only one who can be punished. Much like the Reggie Bush situation where USC was hit with sanctions long after Bush left, I think A&M is going to face disciplinary action after Manzeil leaves A&M. Which sucks and is the reason why the NCAA is a complete joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    That's only shocking if you aren't familiar with Texas A&M in general.
    I'm not, can you tell us?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True. Manzeil lawyer up and told the NCAA they better have proof beyond a he said/she said comment from the autograph vendors or they will sue the NCAA for hurting Manzeil's draft stock and loss of future earnings. Without solid proof the NCAA wanted no part of this.

Besides it is very likely Manzeil did not get money from signing autographs RIGHT NOW, but rather it could be deferred until he leaves A&M in January. There is still a provision in the NCAA by-laws that prohibit that, but it is really hard to prove at this point. The shame of all this is that the proof he took money will come out AFTER Manzeil leaves A&M and the school is going to left as the only one who can be punished. Much like the Reggie Bush situation where USC was hit with sanctions long after Bush left, I think A&M is going to face disciplinary action after Manzeil leaves A&M. Which sucks and is the reason why the NCAA is a complete joke.
    It could be he is telling the truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It could be he is telling the truth.
    He most likely is, he didnt receive money for signing anything right now, he will get the money after he leaves A&M in January.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id love Johnny Football on the Jets. I cant remember what its like to have an exciting player on the offensive side of the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Id love Johnny Football on the Jets. I cant remember what its like to have an exciting player on the offensive side of the ball.
    Tebow? I wouldnt classify Manziel as exciting at all. Geno does more for me then him.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 09-07-2013 at 01:57 AM.