Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex comments on Sanchez...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huge difference between rooting for someone not to start and rooting for someone to fail in a game. Huge. Rooting for Geno to start is a positive thing. Rooting for Sanchez to be clipboard holder is a VERY GOOD thing. He is a boat anchor to this fanchise

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Huge difference between rooting for someone not to start and rooting for someone to fail in a game. Huge. Rooting for Geno to start is a positive thing. Rooting for Sanchez to be clipboard holder is a VERY GOOD thing. He is a boat anchor to this fanchise
    i agree with this. i think that all of us wish Geno beats Sanchez out by a mile...because that would mean we have a QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    There's no justification for rooting against a Jet player. There's been countless players I've disliked but I would never root against them
    I agree during a game. I want Mark to be a great QB but his behavior is ridiculous. Booing Mark in camp is perfectly understandable IMO. I would never do it and have never rooted against the JETS. BUT..Marks off the field BS lends me to think he wants to take his money and leave.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i agree with this. i think that all of us wish Geno beats Sanchez out by a mile...because that would mean we have a QB.
    We thought we had one in 2009.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We thought we had one in 2009.
    i know i did, esp after that Tennessee game...the life of a fan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as whoever boo's understands that they are basically rooting for the team to fail...i guess people are free to do what they want to.
    What kind of twisted logic is this?!
    Nobody is "rooting for the team to fail"
    They are BOOING THE FAIL! And it is MORE than warranted when it comes to #6

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    i know i did, esp after that Tennessee game...the life of a fan
    I was high after the Texans game one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Yeah I agree.

I supported Sanchez up until the Dolphins game last year, after that I lost all hope. I still root for him to succeed and if he does start week 1 I'll error for him, but I have to admit my patience has worn thin and if things don't turn around with MM offense I will be BSed.... I wont root against him, but booing him isn't out of question.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    I couldn't have expressed it better myself. You never root AGAINST your team and it got to a point where you could simply not defend Sanchez anymore. You can't be a fan and root against your team and its players (specific calling out), but you can boo it's performance on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I was high after the Texans game one.
    +1

Especially the whoop-stomp the D laid down! If only Big Jenks' knees would've held up... There was NO stopping that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    What kind of twisted logic is this?!
    Nobody is "rooting for the team to fail"
    They are BOOING THE FAIL! And it is MORE than warranted when it comes to #6
    Football is a team sport, you go into the game like you go into war...one for all...all for one. when one of the players gets boo'ed by the fans, the entire team feels it. Whether its oh **** here we go again, or **** these *******s...bottom line...when you boo 1 player, you effect the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no justification for rooting against a Jet player. There's been countless players I've disliked but I would never root against them
    I hated Bryan Cox but he became one of my favorite Jets when he was here. Jason Taylor, on the other hand, really tested me. But at the end of the day, the laundry is like instant absolution. You hate them, but you root for them to succeed in the games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disliked? We don't root against him because we "dislike him" we root against him because he is a huge detriment to the success of the team. Are you a fan of the team or are you not a fan of the team? Are you trying to tell me I should root for a player who is absolutely terrible to the success of the team I'm rooting for?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Disliked? We don't root against him because we "dislike him" we root against him because he is a huge detriment to the success of the team. Are you a fan of the team or are you not a fan of the team? Are you trying to tell me I should root for a player who is absolutely terrible to the success of the team I'm rooting for?
    So if Sanchez is the starting QB, you'll be rooting for him to take sacks and throw INTs?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mark is the starting QB I hope and pray that he plays well and we win, but that's not the point. The point is that very few of us have any faith that Mark won't fall back to playing poorly. Even when he played better he was never actually good. He may have played better than the last 2 years but that's far from saying he was a good QB. Many of us are tired of him now and just want to move on to a QB that has far more upside. That's not rooting for the team to lose.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What if what you see in Week 1 is just a continuation of last season? It basically just becomes Week 18 after a long bye.
    You are such a PIA; give it up, Eeyore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rooting for Sanchez is like someone spitting in your face and then saying, "IT'S OK! I'M SURE YOU WON'T SPIT IN MY FACE NEXT TIME! WOO HOO!".

"BU BU BUT ROOT FOR DA LAUNDRY, DOE!1!!". We are. We're just waiting for Sanchez to stop wiping his ass with that laundry.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rooting for Sanchez is like someone spitting in your face and then saying, "IT'S OK! I'M SURE YOU WON'T SPIT IN MY FACE NEXT TIME! WOO HOO!".

"BU BU BUT ROOT FOR DA LAUNDRY, DOE!1!!". We are. We're just waiting for Sanchez to stop wiping his ass with that laundry.
    Patience. Dump the rooting interest around Sanchez. We'll be interesting and maybe get invited to the dance if magic happens. Sanchez is just another moving part (pun intended).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't boo Sanchez just for him stepping on the field, but the moment he makes one of his signature boneheaded plays (will probably happen Week 1 if he gets the start), then I'll roll my eyes, throw my arms up in the air, and pray that Rex has the common sense to move on sooner rather than later.

I've always been a big fan of Rex, but if he's really so clueless as to tie his career in New York to a totally inept QB...then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Patience. Dump the rooting interest around Sanchez. We'll be interesting and maybe get invited to the dance if magic happens. Sanchez is just another moving part (pun intended).
    I won't be rooting against him, but I'm certainly not rooting FOR him. He's spat in our faces too many times. If he succeeds, whatever. Cool. If he doesn't, I won't be disappointed or surprised because that's all I expect from him anyway.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not about booing Mark. It's about watching Mark not progress as an NFL QB. He has so many turnovers that it's just an instant reminder every time he throws another INT. He's been pretty much the same guy he's always been so far.

Though he scuffled in Monday's practice, Smith still has been the better quarterback over the course of the team's time in Cortland. In team drills thus far, Sanchez has completed 53 of 91 passes with six touchdowns and four interceptions. Smith is 41-72 with five touchdowns and zero picks.
    52 turnovers in the last 2 years and then the 4 INT's in team drills is what has people booing. It reminds them of losing in an embarrassing way and they don't want to lose or be embarrassed anymore. It's that simple.