Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex comments on Sanchez...

To each there own, but personally I do not boo the home team or the player.

I may, if I felt a person was dogging it (haven't yet), which I felt Sanchez was doing a few times. Just throwing the ball up there for the sake of throwing it. But I'm very reluctant to boo.

I think it tends to bring everyone down.

Who knows, maybe some of the Jet players would boo if they could.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by junker68 View Post
    To each there own, but personally I do not boo the home team or the player.

I may, if I felt a person was dogging it (haven't yet), which I felt Sanchez was doing a few times. Just throwing the ball up there for the sake of throwing it. But I'm very reluctant to boo.

I think it tends to bring everyone down.

Who knows, maybe some of the Jet players would boo if they could.
    I've NEVER booed my team. I think it's counterproductive. I want the team to play well and what will booing do but demoralize my own players. It's just stupid IMO. Also i've seen my teams come back and win games so it's stupid to boo before a game is over.

When you're at a home game and the rival team has about as many fans on the stands.
    They're also louder because they have a substantial lead and your QB and team looks like they're in high School, I'm pretty sure you should understand the "boos".
    Lets hope for better this yr, so we can all clap and cheer instead .

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    I've NEVER booed my team. I think it's counterproductive. I want the team to play well and what will booing do but demoralize my own players. It's just stupid IMO. Also i've seen my teams come back and win games so it's stupid to boo before a game is over.
    I agree. In my mind, it's the difference between a consumer and a fan. A consumer is someone who has invested (time, money, emotion) in a product and exercises their right to complain if it's not living up to their expectations. A fan is someone who recognizes that they have a role, however small, in contributing to the success of their team, and chooses their actions based on a desire to provide support. People who boo their team certainly have a right to do so, but they likely do so at the expense of the team they supposedly want to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sorry but we don't want our team going 3-and-out on the reg, buttfumbling and looking like they don't belong on an NFL field. Rex should be worrying about his team's performance, as in the ENTIRE team. Perform well and everything else will take care of itself.
    It figures that you are the first to respond in this thread with the very crap that exemplifies the disgust and disdain that the team is feeling and that many experienced fans already think.

Rex is doing exactly what he should be doing, taking on the younger generation, who don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You are such a PIA; give it up, Eeyore.

I for one look forward to booing Sanchez this Friday. He deserves it. Sanchez has COMPLETELY destroyed this team and it's championship hopes these last two seasons.

FYI, to all of you who just went with the BS stories from the media out of incomplete statements instead of actually listening to what the snake question and response was...

REX SAID "The fans have a RIGHT TO BOO, ABSOLUTELY" and that he "UNDERSTANDS WHY"

What is wrong with you people?!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It figures that you are the first to respond in this thread with the very crap that exemplifies the disgust and disdain that the team is feeling and that many experienced fans already think.

Rex is doing exactly what he should be doing, taking on the younger generation, who don't know any better.
    Experienced fans? Like the ones who quit on the the team (Ed) or the ones that disappear from JI during a losing season (you).

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Experienced fans? Like the ones who quit on the the team (Ed) or the ones that disappear from JI during a losing season (you).
    In Ed's case there were several reasons for him stepping away he still goes to the games.. I didn't know Ray disappears in a losing season maybe he can't take the constant whinning that is here even when we win??

Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    When you're at a home game and the rival team has about as many fans on the stands.
    They're also louder because they have a substantial lead and your QB and team looks like they're in high School, I'm pretty sure you should understand the "boos".
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I go to at least one away game a year. I can tell you that "travel fans" are abumndant in many cities. In Tampa, Tenn, Houston and many other cities, the stadiums have ample fans from other teams. In general..I agree with you though.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In Ed's case there were several reasons for him stepping away he still goes to the games.. I didn't know Ray disappears in a losing season maybe he can't take the constant whinning that is here even when we win??
    Pretty spot on as usual Savage. Yesterday, Sanchez had a good day and Geno had a bad day, therefore this board was nearly unreadable yesterday. During a losing season or on a Monday after a loss, this place is a cesspool of whining. It's embarrassing at times. The true measure of a fan is not whether or not he steps away from a message board of whining menstrual men, it's more of a measure of ones sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Pretty spot on as usual Savage. Yesterday, Sanchez had a good day and Geno had a bad day, therefore this board was nearly unreadable yesterday. During a losing season or on a Monday after a loss, this place is a cesspool of whining. It's embarrassing at times. The true measure of a fan is not whether or not he steps away from a message board of whining menstrual men, it's more of a measure of ones sanity.
    Thank you Professor Pittsburgh

I think if you boo at an actual game, that's fine. Especially if it's middle of the season and our QB is sucking it up. You boo to let your voice be heard and let the team know we're not okay with this horrific play.

But to do it at a practice/scrimmage before preseason has even started? That's just dumb. What's that accomplishing?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Thank you Professor Pittsburgh
    It's Doctor....get it right

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I think if you boo at an actual game, that's fine. Especially if it's middle of the season and our QB is sucking it up. You boo to let your voice be heard and let the team know we're not okay with this horrific play.

But to do it at a practice/scrimmage before preseason has even started? That's just dumb. What's that accomplishing?
    The vast majority of fans are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

I will be at the preseason game next week against the Jaguars and I can tell you me and a group of 5 diehard fans will be there BOOING the crap out of Sanchez and I am positive the entire stadium will be also.

I want nothing to do with Mark and never want to see him starting for my team again. His numbers have not moved since he came into the league. He hasn't improved at all, can't read blitzes and has terrible accuracy. There is nothing more to see from him.

Geno Smith needs to start. Even if he has growing pains, who cares. We know what Sanchez is. He's a horrible QB. Let Geno start and get through the growing pains and hopefully he proves he is a legit NFL player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    I will be at the preseason game next week against the Jaguars and I can tell you me and a group of 5 diehard fans will be there BOOING the crap out of Sanchez and I am positive the entire stadium will be also.

I want nothing to do with Mark and never want to see him starting for my team again. His numbers have not moved since he came into the league. He hasn't improved at all, can't read blitzes and has terrible accuracy. There is nothing more to see from him.

Geno Smith needs to start. Even if he has growing pains, who cares. We know what Sanchez is. He's a horrible QB. Let Geno start and get through the growing pains and hopefully he proves he is a legit NFL player.
    Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post

HA! Could you have chosen a LESS obvious username?
    Was wondering where you went off to!