Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rex comments on Sanchez...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I think if you boo at an actual game, that's fine. Especially if it's middle of the season and our QB is sucking it up. You boo to let your voice be heard and let the team know we're not okay with this horrific play.

But to do it at a practice/scrimmage before preseason has even started? That's just dumb. What's that accomplishing?

Thank you......

What you outline here is called common sense!!!

All League
    edit

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    I will be at the preseason game next week against the Jaguars and I can tell you me and a group of 5 diehard fans will be there BOOING the crap out of Sanchez and I am positive the entire stadium will be also.

I want nothing to do with Mark and never want to see him starting for my team again. His numbers have not moved since he came into the league. He hasn't improved at all, can't read blitzes and has terrible accuracy. There is nothing more to see from him.

Geno Smith needs to start. Even if he has growing pains, who cares. We know what Sanchez is. He's a horrible QB. Let Geno start and get through the growing pains and hopefully he proves he is a legit NFL player.
    "diehard"? you don't know the meaning.

welcome to the board, doosh.

I don't understand how booing Sanchez, or any player that under performs, equates to rooting against the team. Is is TOTALLY inaccurate.

Let's take a hypothetical example.

First and 10 inside the 20.

At this point, all Jets fans, including the ones that will eventually boo Sanchez, want the Jets to score. They are pulling for the team to score and win.

Sanchez throws another pick 6.

Fans boo Sanchez. Are they not supporting their team? No they are not supporting the sub-par play of the starting QB which is detrimental to the team. They are actually supporting the long term future success of the team. There is a BIG difference.

Some fans will boo Sanchez even before he makes a back breaking mistake. Those are the fans who have seen enough over the past 4 years. Again, they root HARD for the team. Probably too hard to maintain good mental health, given the teams history. They just don't root for the player that is detrimental to their TEAM.

If Mark wants to stop the boos, stop being a detriment to the teams success. He doesn't even need to carry the team to be loved. Just don't kill it.

Banned
    You pretty much nailed it right there!
    I may be part of the mentally damaged group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    I don't understand how booing Sanchez, or any player that under performs, equates to rooting against the team. Is is TOTALLY inaccurate.

Let's take a hypothetical example.

First and 10 inside the 20.

At this point, all Jets fans, including the ones that will eventually boo Sanchez, want the Jets to score. They are pulling for the team to score and win.

Sanchez throws another pick 6.

Fans boo Sanchez. Are they not supporting their team? No they are not supporting the sub-par play of the starting QB which is detrimental to the team. They are actually supporting the long term future success of the team. There is a BIG difference.

Some fans will boo Sanchez even before he makes a back breaking mistake. Those are the fans who have seen enough over the past 4 years. Again, they root HARD for the team. Probably too hard to maintain good mental health, given the teams history. They just don't root for the player that is detrimental to their TEAM.

If Mark wants to stop the boos, stop being a detriment to the teams success. He doesn't even need to carry the team to be loved. Just don't kill it.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post

That seems to be the "line in the sand" here; a nasty vocal SEGMENT apparently don't want to move on; keeping the "buttfumble" alive, as if they were minions of ESPN.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    That seems to be the "line in the sand" here; a nasty vocal SEGMENT apparently don't want to move on; keeping the "buttfumble" alive, as if they were minions of ESPN.
    +1

I go into this season with hope, tempered by reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    There's no justification for rooting against a Jet player. There's been countless players I've disliked but I would never root against them
    Just to clarify, booing is almost universally a REACTIONARY effect. Fans boo after the player or team has done something poorly.

Rooting against someone is a PREMEPTIVE action. That is a different action, with a different desired outcome.

i.e. people boo when Sanchez buttfumbles. Cause (buttfumble), Effect (booing). Responsabillity for it lies solely on Sanchez.

Fans who boo and hiss a player before they've taken a snap.....thats rooting against that player. At most, one could say the "cause" is previous years abject failings, but that tenuous.

TLDR: almost every fan will cheer if Sanchez plays well. Myself included. I am rooting FOR Sanchez, and all in Jets green. If I boo (which i don't) it'd be because of their poor play, not to pre-empt that potential play.

There is a difference.

Undrafted Free Agent
    boy do i remember that - we were on top of the world, with Sanchez 3-0 as a starter, with Chansi Stuckey and Cotchery as our starting WRs, and Sanchez playing aggressivley, running for 15 yard TDs, etc. He still has it in him, he just needs to focus and the line needs to protect...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i know i did, esp after that Tennessee game...the life of a fan

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You got that one wrong. We want to move on.