Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex comments on Sanchez...

Rex comments on Sanchez...

Amen, i hope some people hear this message. If we have any chance of making noise this year, we need to support the team to start the season...no matter who plays.

"We don't want our guys getting booed, especially from our fans because we all wear green and white, including the fans," Ryan said. "The game is tough enough. We need to support each other. That's probably where [Cromartie] was coming from."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-sanchez-break

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

There's no justification for rooting against a Jet player. There's been countless players I've disliked but I would never root against them

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry but we don't want our team going 3-and-out on the reg, buttfumbling and looking like they don't belong on an NFL field. Rex should be worrying about his team's performance, as in the ENTIRE team. Perform well and everything else will take care of itself.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    There's no justification for rooting against a Jet player. There's been countless players I've disliked but I would never root against them

Exactly. I can't stand Sanchez but I would never root against him in an actual game. Preseason or regular.

when fans pay what they have to pay to go to games, and you have a player like sanchez play as bad as he did in 2012, the fans have every right to boo him. especially when we have seen him get worse every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    same here. i can kind of understand booing players week 8 when they are stinking it up for 4 weeks (even though i am not sure what that accomplished either)...but people on this very board will go to the game on Sept 9th, and boo the crap out of Sanchez every time he touches the ball (if he starts).

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    when fans pay what they have to pay to go to games, and you have a player like sanchez play as bad as he did in 2012, the fans have every right to boo him. especially when we have seen him get worse every season.
    this is a dumb ass argument. obviously you can do whatever you want, but if u come out week 1 and the first thing you do is boo the team...you are not a fan...you are a jackass. stay home.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree with you guys about rooting against a player. But booing and rooting against are two different things.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    this is a dumb ass argument. obviously you can do whatever you want, but if u come out week 1 and the first thing you do is boo the team...you are not a fan...you are a jackass. stay home.
    What if what you see in Week 1 is just a continuation of last season? It basically just becomes Week 18 after a long bye.

All League
    same here. i can kind of understand booing players week 8 when they are stinking it up for 4 weeks (even though i am not sure what that accomplished either)...but people on this very board will go to the game on Sept 9th, and boo the crap out of Sanchez every time he touches the ball (if he starts).
    Yeah I agree.

I supported Sanchez up until the Dolphins game last year, after that I lost all hope. I still root for him to succeed and if he does start week 1 I'll error for him, but I have to admit my patience has worn thin and if things don't turn around with MM offense I will be BSed.... I wont root against him, but booing him isn't out of question.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    If you want to quote Rex on this why don't you listen to what he ACTUALLY SAID and stop cherry picking pieces of quotes you read with no context?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What if what you see in Week 1 is just a continuation of last season? It basically just becomes Week 18 after a long bye.
    i think its fair to give the new season a shot for a few weeks, and form your opinion within a reasonable timeframe. again, i don't see the point of going to a game and booing the QB...might as well stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    If you want to quote Rex on this why don't you listen to what he ACTUALLY SAID and stop cherry picking pieces of quotes you read with no context?
    i dont even know what that means...i posted a link to the article and what i thought was a relevant quote..if you cant read...get someone to read it for you.

Hall Of Fame
    i think its fair to give the new season a shot for a few weeks, and form your opinion within a reasonable timeframe. again, i don't see the point of going to a game and booing the QB...might as well stay home.
    Oh, I'd boo MIGHTILY after Sanchez threw another red-zone pick for 6 the other way. EVERY TIME HE STEPPED ON THE FIELD.

And Rex DID NOT suggest the fans should STOP! They don't exactly 'enjoy' it, but I think you all should actually LISTEN to the press conference because you clearly haven't

Hall Of Fame
    i dont even know what that means...i posted a link to the article and what i thought was a relevant quote..if you cant read...get someone to read it for you.

Do I need to hold your hand while I bring you there?

Did you finish wiping up your bum bum or you need help with that too?

Oh, I'd boo MIGHTILY after Sanchez threw another red-zone pick for 6 the other way. EVERY TIME HE STEPPED ON THE FIELD.

And Rex DID NOT suggest the fans should STOP! They don't exactly 'enjoy' it, but I think you all should actually LISTEN to the press conference because you clearly haven't
    first of all you are one of those people with an agenda...its obvious by your previous posts. second of all...please educate me on what HE ACTUALLY SAID...

Hall Of Fame
    first of all you are one of those people with an agenda...its obvious by your previous posts. second of all...please educate me on what HE ACTUALLY SAID...
    Educate yourself... newyorkjets.com

Do I need to hold your hand while I bring you there?

Did you finish wiping up your bum bum or you need help with that too?
    is that a yes or no, on the ability to read?

Hall Of Fame
    The only time I think booing is absolutely 100% wrong is when a player is hurt. As far as I am concerned, because of the last couple years, Sanchez is fair game from the first snap. I am not sure if I would boo him in Week 1 but I am not going to knock anybody that does unless they are booing him for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The only time I think booing is absolutely 100% wrong is when a player is hurt. As far as I am concerned, because of the last couple years, Sanchez is fair game from the first snap. I am not sure if I would boo him in Week 1 but I am not going to knock anybody that does unless they are booing him for no reason.
    as long as whoever boo's understands that they are basically rooting for the team to fail...i guess people are free to do what they want to.