Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: GFY, Discovery Channel

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305

    Thumbs down GFY, Discovery Channel

    (Warning: cane_shaking ahead)

    So I may not be the best parent in the world as far as what I allow my kids to watch on TV, but I do feel somewhat good about some of the shows or channels I have gotten them into. My kids really get into shows on Discovery, Travel channel, Science channel, etc, and we do log a lot of hours together watching documentaries and so forth.

    Naturally with Shark Week starting, we tuned in to its kick-off show on Sunday night Megaladon...and thankfully the kids fell asleep before they could see its awful and anti-climactic conclusion. What a joke, DSC should be ashamed of themselves, this is on par with that BS Mermaids show on Animal Planet.

    I would expect this sort of thing from TLC, but this is a new low for DSC.

    The best part was trying to explain to my kids if it was real or not.

    Daugters: "Can we watch the rest of that shark special from last night?"

    Me: You don't want to see the rest of that, it was boring. And also it was faked.

    Dauighters: "Why would they fake a two hour show?"

    Me: I don't know...they suck, that's why.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,588
    Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    (Warning: cane_shaking ahead)

    So I may not be the best parent in the world as far as what I allow my kids to watch on TV, but I do feel somewhat good about some of the shows or channels I have gotten them into. My kids really get into shows on Discovery, Travel channel, Science channel, etc, and we do log a lot of hours together watching documentaries and so forth.

    Naturally with Shark Week starting, we tuned in to its kick-off show on Sunday night Megaladon...and thankfully the kids fell asleep before they could see its awful and anti-climactic conclusion. What a joke, DSC should be ashamed of themselves, this is on par with that BS Mermaids show on Animal Planet.

    I would expect this sort of thing from TLC, but this is a new low for DSC.

    The best part was trying to explain to my kids if it was real or not.

    Daugters: "Can we watch the rest of that shark special from last night?"

    Me: You don't want to see the rest of that, it was boring. And also it was faked.

    Dauighters: "Why would they fake a two hour show?"

    Me: I don't know...they suck, that's why.
    I actually enjoyed the Mermaids thingy.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Mermaids thingy.
    I thought that mermaid expert was Zack Galifianakis.

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,512
    Shark Week used to be fairly interesting. Then it started to go downhill when they mixed in some Mythbusters: Shark Week edition, and it became more entertainment-based. Now they're just appealing to the lowest common denominator.

  6. #6
    Much Jimmies Rustled.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,994
    It's official, Shark Week has jumped the shark.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Shark Week used to be fairly interesting. Then it started to go downhill when they mixed in some Mythbusters: Shark Week edition, and it became more entertainment-based. Now they're just appealing to the lowest common denominator.
    Frankly there isn't much else they can do at this point that we don't already know, so now they are just making **** up. Not that I ad adverse to seeing Kary Byron on screen or anything...

  9. #9
    It's quite a kerfuffle indeed.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    It's quite a kerfuffle indeed.
    I can see it didn't take long for you to get downvoted to oblivion on your reputation

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I can see it didn't take long for you to get downvoted to oblivion on your reputation
    I hate when I'm pretty sure I'm being insulted...but don't even understand the insult.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I hate when I'm pretty sure I'm being insulted...but don't even understand the insult.
    If I didn't already downvote you in this thread I'd do it again.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    (Warning: cane_shaking ahead)

    So I may not be the best parent in the world as far as what I allow my kids to watch on TV, but I do feel somewhat good about some of the shows or channels I have gotten them into. My kids really get into shows on Discovery, Travel channel, Science channel, etc, and we do log a lot of hours together watching documentaries and so forth.

    Naturally with Shark Week starting, we tuned in to its kick-off show on Sunday night Megaladon...and thankfully the kids fell asleep before they could see its awful and anti-climactic conclusion. What a joke, DSC should be ashamed of themselves, this is on par with that BS Mermaids show on Animal Planet.

    I would expect this sort of thing from TLC, but this is a new low for DSC.

    The best part was trying to explain to my kids if it was real or not.

    Daugters: "Can we watch the rest of that shark special from last night?"

    Me: You don't want to see the rest of that, it was boring. And also it was faked.

    Dauighters: "Why would they fake a two hour show?"

    Me: I don't know...they suck, that's why.
    This is manufactured faux-outrage. Go to the supermarket and stand behind "i have coupon for that" lady, then get back to us.

    -


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    This is manufactured faux-outrage. Go to the supermarket and stand behind "i have coupon for that" lady, then get back to us.

    -


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My soon-to-be-wife is the queen of "wait right here, I just remembered one more thing!" whilst at the cash register at the grocery store. As she scampers off I'm left there with a queue of angry scowls behind me, trying to make idle chit-chat with the eye-rolling cashier.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,007
    Is there nothing real left in this world? (except feelings behind keyboards)

    A total shart with the sharks by Discovery Channel!

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,984
    Mods, is there some way we can lock fishstix from posting outside of the funny pics thread? Its just that he's become such a bitter,bitter cane shaker....

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    My soon-to-be-wife is the queen of "wait right here, I just remembered one more thing!" whilst at the cash register at the grocery store. As she scampers off I'm left there with a queue of angry scowls behind me, trying to make idle chit-chat with the eye-rolling cashier.
    There's still time to back out. Marriage is for faggots and Swedes.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    This is manufactured faux-outrage. Go to the supermarket and stand behind "i have coupon for that" lady, then get back to us.

    -


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure I made a thread like that already....either that or 'checkbook lady' or 'broad who has to put everything back into her purse and fish for her keys for 10 minutes before anyone else can leave' or 'oooh I just forgot one thing, do you mind I run back to get an item 34 aisles away while you wait' lady...

    :SHAKES_CANE_IN VIRULENT_MANNER:

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    My soon-to-be-wife is the queen of "wait right here, I just remembered one more thing!" whilst at the cash register at the grocery store. As she scampers off I'm left there with a queue of angry scowls behind me, trying to make idle chit-chat with the eye-rolling cashier.
    There is still time to correct this insolent behavior.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Mods, is there some way we can lock fishstix from posting outside of the funny pics thread? Its just that he's become such a bitter,bitter cane shaker....
    LOL,GFY

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    There's still time to back out. Marriage is for faggots and Swedes.
    You don't look Swedish.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Much Jimmies Rustled.
    O god. Please leave the stupid interweb speak for the kids on the pfailstrip.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us