Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta attacks Jes fans calls us obnoxious, self loathing, classless, etc...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez should have been benched last year and wasnt. So us fans are now taking it into our own hands to make sure we never have to watch that pathetic qb play ever again.

Dont blame us fans, blame Rex for not benching Mark. Boo away my friends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    A SEGMENT
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Yawn. All part of the same tired cycle.

1) Jets gossip writer pens an article that sounds OUTRAGEOUS and bashes the Jets players or fans.

2) News aggregators like PFT pick up the article and run it nationally because they know it will get clicks.

3) People everywhere who are not Jets fans and have some sort of schaudenfreudic obsession with releasing their small-town frustration at New York click the links in a frenzy.

4) ESPN on air programming picks up the "trending" story and it becomes national "fact".

Boring.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Sanchez the QB, I am not a big fan. Sanchez, the person, ALL CLASS. I am a BIG fan.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    I agree with his sentiment but on the other hand Mehta talking about being classless is the pot calling the kettle black.
    And this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez should have been benched last year and wasnt. So us fans are now taking it into our own hands to make sure we never have to watch that pathetic qb play ever again.

Still mad they didn't play tebow?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This article is less about the boorish behavior of Jets fans, and more about Manish getting revenge on the fans who deride him on a regular basis.

And with crap like this, he deserves it. He's a hack, and now he's a sanctimonious, hand-wringing hypocrite on top of that. He's the reason why the newspaper business is dying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Manish...

Is that Electric Teal Dildo Fish still lodged up your anus?

That poor hamster is probably dead by now. Your Doctor is my Anonymous Source.
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 08-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Still mad they didn't play tebow?
    Yes. Could have been enjoyable to watch some Tebow Magic instead of the buttfumbling nightmare.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A business does not get to tell it's customers how to feel or what to think.

i.e. GFY Manish and ANY Jets player, coach or executive who takes issue with being booed.

With that said, I don't boo, nor do I encourage booing. But I support the right of paying customers (fans) to do so if they feel so inclined.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is amazing is that Manish gets a full article--with quotes and all--out of some fans booing bad QB play.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Putting aside Mehta and his worth, I never really understood booing players on your team (unless its a case of simply not trying). I can at least somewhat understand booing the collective team (as their running off the field for instance) as an expression of displeasure, but booing your QB when he's running on the field makes no sense to me as does spending your time and money going up to Training Camp and devoting your energy to booing a guy.

People can obviously do what they want, but I never really got that part of Jets fandom.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Putting aside Mehta and his worth, I never really understood booing players on your team (unless its a case of simply not trying). I can at least somewhat understand booing the collective team (as their running off the field for instance) as an expression of displeasure, but booing your QB when he's running on the field makes no sense to me as does spending your time and money going up to Training Camp and devoting your energy to booing a guy.

People can obviously do what they want, but I never really got that part of Jets fandom.
    I boo Trey every time he flubs a note.

Sometimes it can be a LOT of booing!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's ignorance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Manish is an arseclown.

That aside, it would've been nice to hear Mark say 'With the way I performed last year, I probably deserve to be booed. These fans are hungry for a SB, and I'm working my butt off this off season to work on my weaknesses and deliver them one"

He's acting as if he hasn't lead the NFL in turnovers over the last two seasons or ranks among the worst QBs in the league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bentonjetsfan View Post
    What is amazing is that Manish gets a full article--with quotes and all--out of some fans booing bad QB play.
    Modern sports journalism.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez needs to make a Drew Brees like turnaround to quell the fans. Anything short of that and he will be booed. Look, I like the kid but he played like crap the last 2 years. I agree there were some circumstances that did not help his cause, but in the end his poor play falls on his shoulders. If Mark wants fans to start cheering him, he needs to start giving them reasons to cheer, AND he needs to start NOT giving them reasons to boo. A 3 and out is one thing, but buttfumbles, red zone INT's, pick 6's, careless plays with the football, etc.. are not going to fly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

No he couldn't bench Sanchez a year ago. He had no one to replace Sanchez who was a better alternative.

Huge difference.

Blaming Rex because a segment of the fan base isn't able to understand this is what generates this opinion

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder... is making sh*# up and ascribing it to anonymous sources "classy"?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's right

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They wallow in self-pity, chastising ESPN’s constant airing of the “Butt Fumble,” but invoking it themselves in conversation

paging SG3...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He WAS benched..... then McElroy got hurt. Quit acting like Tebow was a viable option.

Yes. Could have been enjoyable to watch some Tebow Magic instead of the buttfumbling nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Sanchez needs to make a Drew Brees like turnaround to quell the fans. Anything short of that and he will be booed. Look, I like the kid but he played like crap the last 2 years. I agree there were some circumstances that did not help his cause, but in the end his poor play falls on his shoulders. If Mark wants fans to start cheering him, he needs to start giving them reasons to cheer, AND he needs to start NOT giving them reasons to boo. A 3 and out is one thing, but buttfumbles, red zone INT's, pick 6's, careless plays with the football, etc.. are not going to fly.
    Mehta does suck... and he is classless..... however, he is right about the segment he was referring to. The bolded is "case in point"...... "buttfumble" is brought up, on this board, more than I've ever seen ESPN or the NFLN make reference to it. It was a bad play, that fans can't seem to let go of...... referring to it as if it was something that happens on a regular basis. It's a new season.... let it go.

Jose Canseco was a classless d-bag, too........ but he was right about what he wrote.