Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta attacks Jes fans calls us obnoxious, self loathing, classless, etc...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So he met sg3. Big deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    So he met sg3. Big deal.
    LOL!

Bastid

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes. Could have been enjoyable to watch some Tebow Magic instead of the buttfumbling nightmare.
    LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pot meet kettle... Manish is pissed at jets fans who have called him out for his questionable journalism and this is his way of getting back at them. Jets fans defended this team against guys like manish who couldn't write an article without invoking the word "circus" 10 times in it. Now he's lumping together all jets fans and ripping them based on the actions of maybe 100 at a scrimmage? Yeah, you're a class act manish...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    He WAS benched..... then McElroy got hurt. Quit acting like Tebow was a viable option.

Mehta does suck... and he is classless..... however, he is right about the segment he was referring to. The bolded is "case in point"...... "buttfumble" is brought up, on this board, more than I've ever seen ESPN or the NFLN make reference to it. It was a bad play, that fans can't seem to let go of...... referring to it as if it was something that happens on a regular basis. It's a new season.... let it go.

Jose Canseco was a classless d-bag, too........ but he was right about what he wrote.
    Look, on its own the "buttfumble" was just one unfortunate play. In the context of his overall play these last 2 years it really was the ultimate "you gotta be kidding me" moment to top off what was 2 seasons filled with them. There are great players who's legacies are unfortunately marked with dodo plays. Leon Lett getting caught from behind by Don Beebe, or touching the football on a blocked kick. The kicker from MIA in their perfect season nearly throwing it away with a boneheaded attempt to pass the ball on a muffed snap. The "buttfumble" was every bit a blooper play as there ever was and will be. Now it's time for Mark to either put it away with some seriously great play over the rest of his career, or forever be remembered for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    MANISH! You're whining like your tampon is soaked in Hydrochloric Acid and it was put there by JETS fans!

Quit crying like the hack bltch you are! I got a nice bottle of Mtn Dew for you, out there, working hard, on a hot day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish has turned into a serpent. Sad to see the players taking the bait to criticize the fans. When you take on the fans you lose. They have a lot of bigger things to worry about than the fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right Manish...we moved a block of 8 seats down in the upper deck (NON PSL) in their entirety for three years in a row...practically in the mezzanine at this point...but the majority are totally content with the product on the field.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, on its own the "buttfumble" was just one unfortunate play. In the context of his overall play these last 2 years it really was the ultimate "you gotta be kidding me" moment to top off what was 2 seasons filled with them. There are great players who's legacies are unfortunately marked with dodo plays. Leon Lett getting caught from behind by Don Beebe, or touching the football on a blocked kick. The kicker from MIA in their perfect season nearly throwing it away with a boneheaded attempt to pass the ball on a muffed snap. The "buttfumble" was every bit a blooper play as there ever was and will be. Now it's time for Mark to either put it away with some seriously great play over the rest of his career, or forever be remembered for it.

You're right, Snell41..... horrible play, all-time blooper. But, if the fans won't even let it go....... it WILL ALWAYS be remembered. Lett, the Miami kicker, both belong on blooper shows, along with Sanchez...... but, those are the only times they are talked about, not constantly rehashed.
    Last edited by Laxman; 08-06-2013 at 11:36 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish may have some validity as to what he's writing about, but he forgets that we're not here to support him, we're here to support the team. Having said that, he propagates this negative attitude when he writes articles destroying the team. Furthermore, when he has "unnamed sources", it lends to the fact that he's either A. making things up, or B. he's only using unnamed sources when they have negative info.

He's right, fans should be more supportive, but he's wrong; he's as much of the problem as anyone. Probably more so.

IMO, he's acting like a spoiled brat. He doesn't have better things to write about in regards to the Jets?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    A business does not get to tell it's customers how to feel or what to think.

i.e. GFY Manish and ANY Jets player, coach or executive who takes issue with being booed.

With that said, I don't boo, nor do I encourage booing. But I support the right of paying customers (fans) to do so if they feel so inclined.
    I think the point is "Are you supporting the team?"

I mean, Who buys a ticket to BOOO?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    So he met sg3. Big deal.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So he met sg3. Big deal.
    this board is so much more readable in his absence.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

Nobody I have ever met. The booing is a reaction. Cause and effect. The booing doesn't come out of the blue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Manish calls the fans classless? It's hysterical.....He is literally the Orchestrator, constantly ripping Mark....helping turn the fans on the player
    You're right, but this article was well said and way overdue.

Tired of that segment of the fan base acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten self-entitled a-holes. It's fan tough guy routine because they know they can get away with it and not be held accountable, the accountability should be with the rest of the fan base because it is that segment that gives the entire fanbase a bad reputation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Manish may have some validity as to what he's writing about, but he forgets that we're not here to support him, we're here to support the team. Having said that, he propagates this negative attitude when he writes articles destroying the team. Furthermore, when he has "unnamed sources", it lends to the fact that he's either A. making things up, or B. he's only using unnamed sources when they have negative info.

He's right, fans should be more supportive, but he's wrong; he's as much of the problem as anyone. Probably more so.

IMO, he's acting like a spoiled brat. He doesn't have better things to write about in regards to the Jets?
    BINGO! Well said.

Mehta IS one of the biggest sources of the problem, but it was still a well written piece, I can only hope he is waking up.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nobody I have ever met. The booing is a reaction. Cause and effect. The booing doesn't come out of the blue.
    Thank you, Dr. Science.

The conversation has to do with elements of what causes that behavior...tighten up that chinstrap and try again.

The ball is sitting on the "Hypocritical Media" yard line...we need to get to "base and classless fans" for a first down.

HUT!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the point is "Are you supporting the team?"

And if you could make an argument about booing really bad play during a game (which I don't agree with), we're talking here about booing during Training Camp. Not sure I can see the justification there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You have an amazingly annoying knack for re-stating the complete obvious. Is it to drive up your post count?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Dr. Science.

The conversation has to do with elements of what causes that behavior...tighten up that chinstrap and try again.

The ball is sitting on the "Hypocritical Media" yard line...we need to get to "base and classless fans" for a first down.

HUT!
    LOL.