Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta attacks Jes fans calls us obnoxious, self loathing, classless, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Tired of that segment of the fan base acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten self-entitled a-holes.
    +1

The ones that think they have a right to make everyone else around them just as miserable as they are, and that is their "enjoyment".

Yeah, what are fans supposed to do, cheer? The feedback loop is necessary. jets fans are real. Jets fans are tired of the coddling of Sanchez and despite being one if the worst QBs in history, continues his little rah rah act.

This isn't high school. There's no school spirit. Not when the organization trots out a product like they have - over the years - and especially recently with Sanchez.

The whole organization needs to understand this. They should not be coddled by fans. Not the player who sucks. Not the other players. Not the coaches, or staff or front office.

Again. What were the fans supposed to do, cheer? Or grin and bear it?

I applaud the jets fans candor.

Manish may be a spin doctor, but he is absolutely right. He doesn't say all of the fan base, he says a segment of the fan base.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Yeah, what are fans supposed to do, cheer? The feedback loop is necessary. jets fans are real. Jets fans are tired of the coddling of Sanchez and despite being one if the worst QBs in history, continues his little rah rah act.

This isn't high school. There's no school spirit. Not when the organization trots out a product like they have - over the years - and especially recently with Sanchez.

The whole organization needs to understand this. They should not be coddled by fans. Not the player who sucks. Not the other players. Not the coaches, or staff or front office.

this, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Yawn. All part of the same tired cycle.

1) Jets gossip writer pens an article that sounds OUTRAGEOUS and bashes the Jets players or fans.

2) News aggregators like PFT pick up the article and run it nationally because they know it will get clicks.

3) People everywhere who are not Jets fans and have some sort of schaudenfreudic obsession with releasing their small-town frustration at New York click the links in a frenzy.

4) ESPN on air programming picks up the "trending" story and it becomes national "fact".

Boring.
    This is so on target it should be pinned. Manish has lost his unnamed source, so now he's pulling out all the stops by attacking fans.

So lame. Don't visit the NYDN website and block Manish and Cimini on Twitter.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't believe in booing the team before they have even stepped on the field for a real, live game either.

But don't give me this crap about the fans having no right to boo when the games actually matter and the team is stinking it up on the field.

We're the ones who pay out the ass for tickets, merchandise, and invest 3+ hours of our Sunday afternoons to support the team every week. And if we are once again subjected to a QB who seemingly doesn't know his ass from his elbow, you're damn right we're going to boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Yawn. All part of the same tired cycle.

1) Jets gossip writer pens an article that sounds OUTRAGEOUS and bashes the Jets players or fans.

2) News aggregators like PFT pick up the article and run it nationally because they know it will get clicks.

3) People everywhere who are not Jets fans and have some sort of schaudenfreudic obsession with releasing their small-town frustration at New York click the links in a frenzy.

4) ESPN on air programming picks up the "trending" story and it becomes national "fact".

Boring.
    Perfectly Stated. +Rep

Manish Mehta is nothing more then a POS hack journalist

All League
    Do they still teach journalism in college?? Or did they change it to Twitter101???

The sunshine crew would have us all simply wipe our chin and say thank you to Sanchez. Apparently, we're supposed to be grateful to him for sucking as bad as he does.

All Pro

+1

These are professional athletes playing in a professional league. They can't take a little booing? Get some perspective.

Cheering for an injury is classless. Booing poor play is not.

All League
    Don't have much use for the writer, but can't say he is way out of line with this.

Cry me a river.

So, Jets fans have to take out a second mortgage to pay for PSL, sell a kidney for parking, and sit through hours of traffic, but they are evil for expressing displeasure on their team's performance? Look, if everything was free and these guys were playing for the love of it? Sure. Or, turn down the prices if your team sucks dick, then. Don't **** over the fans at every possible turn, only to cry when they are angry that a spoiled multimillionaire can't handle the fact that he's booed. If he can't handle boo-ing, maybe instead of pouting, he should try to not throw interceptions or be a human diaper.

I don't boo my team, but I have absolutely no problem booing players if they actually suck. The world's too politically correct with how these athletes have to be coddled at every single turn. If I suck at my job, I get fired. If you suck on a test, you fail. But somehow Sanchez sucking means fans have to sit back and just hope the team figures it out? This sounds like some abused wife theory, about how you just hope the abusive guy come to their senses and are loveable again.

And why do people boo? Because it's too hard to organize a expletive laden rant in unison, which is pretty much what everyone is saying to themselves with each Sanchez mistake. He should be glad, there isn't a flash mob of curse rants not breaking out in the stadium after each INT. And how ironic that Manish needs to bash the fans for boo-ing. Probably a reaction to all the negative "booing" he gets from Jets fans as well.

Are there *******s fans? Absolutely. But that's true for every fan base. No need to single out the Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You have an amazingly annoying knack for re-stating the complete obvious. Is it to drive up your post count?
    This whole discussion is stating the obvious. Obviously it is wrong to boo someone for no reason. But those that boo have plenty of reasons.

I don't expect someone that blames the fans for everything to understand that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I think the point is "Are you supporting the team?"

I mean, Who buys a ticket to BOOO?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nobody I have ever met. The booing is a reaction. Cause and effect. The booing doesn't come out of the blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Thank you, Dr. Science.

The conversation has to do with elements of what causes that behavior...tighten up that chinstrap and try again.

The ball is sitting on the "Hypocritical Media" yard line...we need to get to "base and classless fans" for a first down.

HUT!
    You asked who buys a ticket to boo and I answered. And what causes the booing is the inept play that fans have seen over the past couple of years. It has nothing to do with the fans being classless or feeling entitled. The only classless booing IMO is when a player is hurt. Sadly we have seen Jets fans do that in the past but that has nothing to do with booing Sanchez which is what started this entire debate.

Manish is a doosh and I think the real reason why he is doing this is to create some friction between the players and the fans. He is a true troll.

Manish and Cimini need to get real jobs

so now we can't boo when our qb throws an interception? my, how times have changed. that won't fly in phily...

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm glad the article was pasted so that ****tard Manish won't get his clicks or page views.

ALso when you have to write an article trashing fans, even a small segment, then you've clearly run out of material to write about (or fabricate).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1418423

So, they continue to boo one of their own.

In that way, Sanchez will always differ from them.

Please explain to me how this USC QB that I have ZERO in common with is 'one of my own'.
    This guy can stop playing football tomorrow and never work another day in his life, someone please explain to me how I can relate to him as 'one of my own'.

Mehta needs to get a clue...or GFY....or both.

Bewildered Beast
    common, DD, you gave me the straight answer to the rhetorical question in my post lol