Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta attacks Jes fans calls us obnoxious, self loathing, classless, etc...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    common, DD, you gave me the straight answer to the rhetorical question in my post lol
    Fair enough. I guess I got a little carried away in my defense of the fans. I just think knocking the fans is a losing proposition for the players even if they are justified.

Did I mention that I hate these new smileys.

I think the point is "Are you supporting the team?"

I mean, Who buys a ticket to BOOO?
    After the Dodgers left, and until the Mets came to town, my old man went to Yankees games to boo them, and cheer for whoever they played.
    Not a big deal, but it can happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    After the Dodgers left, and until the Mets came to town, my old man went to Yankees games to boo them, and cheer for whoever they played.
    Ummmmm just sayin this means you father was NOT repeat WAS NOT a fan of the Yankees!!!

Bewildered Beast
    Ha ha ha...your Dad is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmm just sayin this means you father was NOT repeat WAS NOT a fan of the Yankees!!!
    Hahaaa, you got it
    Forgive me, I'm just exhausted at work, a little delirious, and just cherrypicked his post with my reply.

Ha ha ha...your Dad is alright.
    Thanks WCO....
    and he's still *****in about O'Malley
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 08-06-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: wtf?!! b*tchin just got censored???

Jets Insider VIP
    Hahaaa, you got it
    Forgive me, I'm just exhausted at work, a little delirious, and just cherrypicked his post with my reply.
    No your dad is cool with me... My dad still talks about the Dodgers as if they left Brooklyn last week!!!

Speaking of obnoxious, self loathing... etc.

Cromartie seems intent on singlehandedly wrecking the preseason. Not that he did it on purpose, but he also took out Santonio Holmes in Saturday night's intrasquad scrimmage, hitting him in the back on a pass play and causing a rib injury. Cromartie, never known as a big hitter, picked a strange time to get physical.

What did Cromartie have to say for himself? Nothing. He walked off the field, refusing a PR official's attempt to have him speak with reporters. He kept going, muttering an expletive about the media.
    - Rich Cimini Training Camp 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No your dad is cool with me... My dad still talks about the Dodgers as if they left Brooklyn last week!!!
    Yup same over here...
    Good grief!!!

forgive the tangent....
    Back on the subject....

Yeah MM is on the money with this one...reading this board i dont think some of the "fans" on here deserve a SB either...

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I wonder how many times over the last 6-8 months that Manish, either on twitter or in one of his articles, has unnecessarily referenced "the "Buttfumble" or otherwise poked his little stick at similar dead horse issues. Isn't the mocking tone of many of his reports and tweets just as classless, if not more classless than fans booing Sanchez at practice? Regardless of which side of this issue you fall, the fact remains that newspaper writers are expected to have some base level of professionalism and decorum whereas some fans (regardless of the team) can be expected to be classless jerks.
    Manish is a writer, he is not a fan of the team or at least he is paid not to act like one. If he does refer to the buttfumble too often shame on him for not being imaginative enough to write articles without cliches. His job is to point out what he believes are mistakes and criticize. Any fan of pro sports knows it is not the right thing to do to boo at practice. Fans don't know if the play was called regardless of coverage. The team lets fans view practices for free and at great expense. They should show more appreciation towards the team. it is not a game that you paid $150 and have the "right" to voice your displeasure when you don't get your money's worth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Yawn. All part of the same tired cycle.

1) Jets gossip writer pens an article that sounds OUTRAGEOUS and bashes the Jets players or fans.

2) News aggregators like PFT pick up the article and run it nationally because they know it will get clicks.

3) People everywhere who are not Jets fans and have some sort of schaudenfreudic obsession with releasing their small-town frustration at New York click the links in a frenzy.

4) ESPN on air programming picks up the "trending" story and it becomes national "fact".

Boring.

this post completely crushes the ball, well done

MM is the worst beat writer in the history of the Jets. "The silent majority of long-suffering fans..." If this clown thinks there is a "silent" majority of us, he really doesn't know anything about this team or its fans. I don't understand how this guy still has a job with the garbage he writes. We need to start winning again just so we can keep people that are Vrentas-like around if we ever get the opportunity again.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-06-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Manish didn't like it when I asked him if he was out here ( jets camp) looking for more "anonymous sources."

All Pro
    I agree some what and disagree some what. The fans are tired of losing. Just when you think the team is getting close they fall. The spotlight is on Sanchez so he gets the brunt of it from the fans. The booing in training camp can be warranted. This is a simulation game and he was making mistakes. Not to say that Geno Smith out played - both were average at best. But with Sanchez in his 5th training camp he needs to be a lot better than that after the two prior seasons.
    But when someone like Mehta writes an article trashing the fans it is comical. He and Cimini trash this team daily. They are the Mike Francesca of the news paper world. Mehta has written how bad Sanchez has been. But yet when fans express their displeasure they are called out by him?
    I look at what Sanchez did from 2009-2012. He made dumb mistakes every season. He has not learned from those mistakes. But he is also 4-2 on in the playoffs all road games. That is impressive. But how many games during the season were lost due to turnovers that possibly caused us home field in the playoffs? Sanchez deserves to get booed when he makes mistakes and get cheered when he makes a play just like any other player.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Manish didn't like it when I asked him if he was out here ( jets camp) looking for more "anonymous sources."
    Awesome; they all love positive attention. I'm sure he'll remember your question like a POP in the nose.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Yawn. All part of the same tired cycle.

1) Jets gossip writer pens an article that sounds OUTRAGEOUS and bashes the Jets players or fans.

2) News aggregators like PFT pick up the article and run it nationally because they know it will get clicks.

3) People everywhere who are not Jets fans and have some sort of schaudenfreudic obsession with releasing their small-town frustration at New York click the links in a frenzy.

4) ESPN on air programming picks up the "trending" story and it becomes national "fact".

Boring.
    But he's right. It's absurd that people were booing during a free practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    But he's right. It's absurd that people were booing during a free practice.
    I'd agree that it's a little overboard, but people are sick of this crap for years, can you blame them?
    People focus on it being a "free practice"...
    It's not like this is a free peewee league practice. The people there spent good money to watch, maybe even more than they would for a reg season game due to driving expenses and hotel rooms out in the sticks.

And btw, the players aren't practicing for free, are they? Where's that money coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Manish Mehta molests turtles and farts tufts of gerbil fur.
    I have no idea WTF that means, but it sounds awfully negative...

Manish hits a home run describing the SOJF