Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    90% of this board conceded before the draft that this was going to be a rebuilding year for the Jets.

Why then do we need or why are we compelled to throw a rookie QB out there just to satisfy the anti-Sanchez camp?
    Because "rebuild" and "start Sanchez" are contradictory to one another.

If Geno is above "deer in the headlights" in his development, then the Jets should start him, period. If they don't, it's irresponsible team management in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rookies these days aren't some sacrificial lambs. Neither was Sanchez, fyi. I mean, has no one considered that maybe Mark just isn't that good? Idk, seems plausible...

Point is that we have enough to see if Smith is gonna be able to improve or if he's just gonna flat out suck ass. Starting Mark gives us nothing.
    lolwhut? Geno hasn't played a single preseason snap and that's enough to determine his future?

common

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you say Sanchez "has been named the starter" like it means anything. it just means Sanchez will get first shot with the 1's in the preseason game, like Smith had it in the G&W scrimmage. Rex has said they'll split reps with the 1's, again, like they did in the G&W scrimmage.

in fact, going by the 2-day rotation they've followed during all of the training camp, it SHOULD be Sanchez getting the "start" in the first preseason game.

this competition is far from over, you're all freaking out over nothing.
    When you put it like that maybe I am over reacting.

I think it's because deep down I knew he would get the benefit of the doubt as usual, when your desperate for change and the same thing keeps happening it gets annoying.

I mean I've ordered a Geno shirt FFS.

lolwhut? Geno hasn't played a single preseason snap and that's enough to determine his future?

common
    are you trying to write "come on" or "c'mon"? because you just wrote the word "common"

common
    Enough talent around him.

Geez, your misinterpretation doesn't even make sense, since I had added "or flat out suck" to the equation.

Id much rather start Sanchez have him stink up the place and then bring in Geno than the other way around.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ombudsmn View Post
    are you trying to write "come on" or "c'mon"? because you just wrote the word "common"
    There's this place called The Hampur. They have their own vocabulary that sometimes spills over to the Strip. I'm assuming this is one such instance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wait, so now the type of INT matters? Funny, Sanchez threw a hail mary INT earlier in camp but that didn't matter to the Sanchez hater wagon.
    Are you his lover or something? Do you wear that same head band around your junk? You criticize the so called "Sanchez Haters" yet you are the complete opposite...a Sanchez lover and apologist. Apparently 2011 and 2012 never happened. Good to know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I blame Favre if he had played his last 2 years with the Jets we may have won a bowl in 09 and drafted Kaepernick in 2011..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Because "rebuild" and "start Sanchez" are contradictory to one another.

If Geno is above "deer in the headlights" in his development, then the Jets should start him, period. If they don't, it's irresponsible team management in my opinion.
    I understand but I'm also not a fan of throwing a rookie into the fire unless he's clearly proven to be ready.

I think it's a little too early for any of us to draw a conclusion.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I blame Favre if he had played his last 2 years with the Jets we may have won a bowl in 09 and drafted Kaepernick in 2011..
    Not...helping.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    T-H-I-S! THIS! THIS! THIS!
    +1000!!!!
    & Thanks so much for the Updates Bro!
    but I miss the sig... :-(
    lol

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by ombudsmn View Post
    common!

Why do so many people here HATE to hear that Sanchez is doing well?? I don't get it. I understand what he has done the last two years, but has he NOT shown that he can okay well and win in this league?! Geno (who is also having a good camp) is a ROOKIE...had never played a down in the NFL. If he beats Mark out for the starting job, that's a great accomplishment an hopefully he does a great job with the car keys. If he doesn't beat Mark for job, wouldn't you expect that? I mean, Mark is the vet, he has seen a lot more than Geno. Bottom line is I don't care who wins the starting job because to me that's the better option. We can all second guess the FO all day long because we THINK we know more, but we're all just Monday morning qb's and wanna be experts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    +1000!!!!
    & Thanks so much for the Updates Bro!
    but I miss the sig... :-(
    lol
    No problem. The sig is still there, btw, lol.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Are you his lover or something? Do you wear that same head band around your junk? You criticize the so called "Sanchez Haters" yet you are the complete opposite...a Sanchez lover and apologist. Apparently 2011 and 2012 never happened. Good to know.
    Past tense....... meaning, it has nothing to do with the 2013 season. Believe it, or not, Offensive Coordinators and QB coaches do actually make a difference. Sanchez has had a good camp, so has Geno..... the best QB, according to the CS, will start. Pointing out the hypocrisy, in the agenda of fans, doesn't make someone an apologist. Logic and reason is lost on too many fans.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    If Mark Sanchez started playing like a Pro Bowl QB nobody on here would complain, they'd all admit they were wrong, and they'd all be ecstatic.

All that said, most of us live in the real world and know there is 0.1% chance that happens. And that might be generous.
    Agreed. Four years is a pretty good body of work to judge the guy by and is just plain silly to expect him to play that differently than he has over all this time.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    Why do so many people here HATE to hear that Sanchez is doing well?? I don't get it. I understand what he has done the last two years, but has he NOT shown that he can okay well and win in this league?! Geno (who is also having a good camp) is a ROOKIE...had never played a down in the NFL. If he beats Mark out for the starting job, that's a great accomplishment an hopefully he does a great job with the car keys. If he doesn't beat Mark for job, wouldn't you expect that? I mean, Mark is the vet, he has seen a lot more than Geno. Bottom line is I don't care who wins the starting job because to me that's the better option. We can all second guess the FO all day long because we THINK we know more, but we're all just Monday morning qb's and wanna be experts.
    +1

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Past tense....... meaning, it has nothing to do with the 2013 season. Believe it, or not, Offensive Coordinators and QB coaches do actually make a difference. Sanchez has had a good camp, so has Geno..... the best QB, according to the CS, will start. Pointing out the hypocrisy, in the agenda of fans, doesn't make someone an apologist. Logic and reason is lost on too many fans.
    If, by "agenda," you mean I would prefer to give someone else a chance other than the guy who has stunk up the joint over the past few years, I guess I have an agenda. I was a huge Sanchez supporter at one time. I have seen enough. A tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Sanchez never had a good year. Even in 2009-2011 he was near the bottom of the league in QB ratings.
    Since then he has been historically bad.

Not sure why people keep bringing up 2009 and 2010. He was terrible in those years. The defense and running game carried the Jets.
    Sanchez had some nice flashes, especially in the playoffs, but his overall numbers were NEVER good.

He has always been a terrible QB. But as a young QB, it was fair to say he would improve. Unfortunately he did not improve and continued to SUCK.