Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 330

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is BIGGER than the QB competition.

    It's been my mantra in any of my support for Sanchez

    I want to see Sanchez with a legit OC, it seems MM and Lee have had a really positive effect on Sanchez, and they will have the same on Smith.

    A Sanchez that bounces back, thumbs his nose to his critics and the fanbase that has turned on him, would be awesome.

    But better than that, a Sanchez that bounces back, is GOOD for our Jets team, it's just a damn shame TOO many ignorant fans who are BLATANTLY rooting AGAINST Sanchez don't see this.
    Again Ray,
    I think you misread many of the fans who are done with Mark. Look at all the folks who even up to last season supported Mark. Yet, the continued mistakes over the last two years, has tested all but the most ardent supporter at this point. I respect your belief that Mark is a long term answer for the Jets, but you know you are most definitely in the minority in that way of thinking. I would also hope you could see at this point why they feel the way they do. Calling us ignorant is really ignoring the facts as they are today. Mark has been a horror the last two years, the years he should have been stepping up, in spite of the short comings around him. It called force of will. I'm not saying the team results would different but his play should have allowed for hope instead of despair.
    No one will complain if Mark wins the QB battle with improved play that is consistent thru the season. Yet you and the other folks who think Mark is the answer should understand, if Mark's play still has the same mistakes ,life for him as a Jet will become unbearable this season.

  2. #242
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yes!

    I'd like nothing more than to be ordering a Ryan Spadola jersey by November!
    Quote Originally Posted by ombudsmn View Post
    love those white dudes huh?
    Huh?

    I'm a Lehigh grad, dude. He went to my school.

    Why do some people have to see race everywhere they go?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-06-2013 at 04:02 PM.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    And for all the "Know it Alls" here:

    RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Marty Mornhinweg on why Sanchez is starting Friday night: "He's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp." #Jets
    What does he know? MM is just a Sanchez apologist.

  4. #244
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    What does he know? MM is just a Sanchez apologist.

    Ya exactly...i mean what would the OC know right?? He must be on the Sanchez lover band wagon.

  5. #245
    Can someone just please explain to me the downside of starting Sanchez week 1. Because i for one do not see 1 negative.

    If he is terrible, they can bring in Geno. If he is good, thats great, maybe he can somehow regain some sort of trade value.

    Are we winning a superbowl this year? NO, we are not. So what is the harm at starting Sanchez with his first real OC and seeing what happens.

  6. #246
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    336
    MM is the only one that matters in the end. I think it's been close but we don't know what Marty is looking for. Still a long way to go in this competition. This will only make Geno work harder. Which is a good thing. It doesn't mean anything in the long term. I'm just looking forward to seeing both QB's in live game action.

  7. #247
    Do people realize that there are 4 preseason games and that perhaps Geno will start with the 1's in Game 2 and, probably more importantly Game 3?

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Again Ray,
    I think you misread many of the fans who are done with Mark. Look at all the folks who even up to last season supported Mark. Yet, the continued mistakes over the last two years, has tested all but the most ardent supporter at this point. I respect your belief that Mark is a long term answer for the Jets, but you know you are most definitely in the minority in that way of thinking. I would also hope you could see at this point why they feel the way they do. Calling us ignorant is really ignoring the facts as they are today. Mark has been a horror the last two years, the years he should have been stepping up, in spite of the short comings around him. It called force of will. I'm not saying the team results would different but his play should have allowed for hope instead of despair.
    No one will complain if Mark wins the QB battle with improved play that is consistent thru the season. Yet you and the other folks who think Mark is the answer should understand, if Mark's play still has the same mistakes ,life for him as a Jet will become unbearable this season.
    And you have completely misread my posts regarding Sanchez, and his current state as an NFL QB and the Jets QB, no where am I saying that Sanchez right now is the long term answer, and I've been pretty neutral in my thoughts on who the QB will be, for me, it's always been about "may the best man win," I just want to see one of these QB's emerge, and even if Sanchez does start and that Smith isn't yet ready, that also shouldn't mean Smith is a bust, it just means he isn't ready yet, Smith could still very much be the future of this jets team.

    I am just sick of the agenda against Sanchez, and I'm rooting for him!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-06-2013 at 04:09 PM.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I've been pretty neutral in my thoughts on who the QB will be
    lol, because you never predict anything in advance Ray, everyone knows that.

    The fact is your "opinion" would be exactly teh same if we start Sanchez all 16, or if we cut Sanchez tomorrow.

    Said opinion being "the Jets did the right thing and any fan who disagrees with me is a disloyal *******".

  10. #250
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    lol, because you never predict anything in advance Ray, everyone knows that.

    The fact is your "opinion" would be exactly teh same if we start Sanchez all 16, or if we cut Sanchez tomorrow.

    Said opinion being "the Jets did the right thing and any fan who disagrees with me is a disloyal *******".

    Pretty much

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who's happy that Geno is going to likely get 2+ quarters of action in his first preseason game, instead of a handful of series in the first quarter. As others have said, the preseason week 1 starter doesn't mean anything... it's an open competition and we all know Mark and Geno have been alternating with the 1s. Now, if Geno doesnt get an opportunity to start in week 2, especially if he outplays Mark in week 1.. well .. that's another story
    +1

    Wasn't it you I was talking about this with yesterday?

    This is so Geno gets as many reps as possible.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    +100000
    I just dont get all the Sanchez HATE! I mean yes the last 2 years he has sucked, but so funny how quickly people forget what he did as a rookie and in his 2nd year. Yes he was surrounded by more talent, but he played his best in the playoffs. But typical of society, its what have you done for me lately. Not the whole body of work. Was he ever gonna be Brady, Manning, etc...no. But with the right OC and talent around him he has proven he can lead a team deap into the playoffs and win games ON THE ROAD. The last 2 years, well mostly last year, he was surrounded by SH*T! No OC, no talent around him. I hope he beats out Geno and proves all wrong! Probably not, since he is still surrounded by crap talent. But all the butt fumbles, and other name calling just goes to show the immaturity of some of the Jets fans. May the best man win, its that simple. All you Sanchez haters can go SAD! how bout being Jets fans instead of such haters!
    Well said but I disagree. I do not hate the guy and I am not going to discourage him by booing. If were to miraculously turn it around he would have my support. Simply stated I just do not think he has the skills to turn it around. Yes it is true that he did not have talent around him the last 2 years but the same could be said that his QB accuracy was awful. This can be said about his whole NFL career where in his first two years he had guys like Braylon, Santonio, and Dustin Keller and a very good running game and a great OLine. What else do you need? His accuracy numbers in the first two years was still under 60%. I think pass accuracy is a very important stat and is instrumental to a QB's success. Lets not forget turnovers either.

    So its not about the hating its about the fact that he is incapable of being a starter in the NFL.
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 08-06-2013 at 04:49 PM.

  13. #253
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Do people realize that there are 4 preseason games and that perhaps Geno will start with the 1's in Game 2 and, probably more importantly Game 3?
    Geno will get time with the 1st string in Detroit.

  14. #254
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Huh?

    I'm a Lehigh grad, dude. He went to my school.

    Why do some people have to see race everywhere they go?
    What year did you graduate?

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Geno will get time with the 1st string in Detroit.
    So why are people *****ing? Other than they are Jets fans

  16. #256
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So why are people *****ing? Other than they are Jets fans
    Maybe they don't know that?

  17. #257
    Dirtstar acting as the voice of reason; McGinley becoming some unnatural combination of Magnus and sg3? And JamaicanJetFan not being supportive of Sanchez?

    Something's up...

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Of course Mark is starting. Just like Kellen Clemens started the 1st preseason game in 09. This is all for show. Geno will start week 2 of the preseason and will start every game moving forward.
    Wait so Sanchez will never start another game for the Jets - ever. Reminds me of the Bugs Bunny Yosemite Sam skit - cross this line , now cross this line .........

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    The Offense so far this camp seems to be so much more advanced than years past... MM is doing magic.
    No doubt - I've been blown away from camp reports. Sounds like the national media has gotten off the circus thing too. We have an opportunity to surprise a lot of people.

  20. #260
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by PavlovsDogs View Post
    No doubt - I've been blown away from camp reports. Sounds like the national media has gotten off the circus thing too. We have an opportunity to surprise a lot of people.
    Ourselves hopefully.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us