Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I'll agree going out and consulting with Garcia would definitely give Sanchez a head-start as we're talking the same O from the same coordinator. Getting anything from his USC WCO would be analagous to Geno using his computer and scanning for WCO tutorials. I'm sure following the draft Geno had some tutelage on the WCO it just couldn't officially come from the Jets.

Regardless of who wins the QB job, the Jets may finally have an inkling on how to run an offense in today's modern pass happy and offense favored NFL.
    if there's good news in sanchez starting it's that it's probably the best he may ever look in a jets uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    lol, because you never predict anything in advance Ray, everyone knows that.

The fact is your "opinion" would be exactly teh same if we start Sanchez all 16, or if we cut Sanchez tomorrow.

Said opinion being "the Jets did the right thing and any fan who disagrees with me is a disloyal *******".
    Not sure what your point is. What is the purpose of a prediction? I have no idea how Sanchez will perform in the pre-season, I'm rooting for both QB's.

And save your crap, none of this has anything to do with agreeing with me or not, it's about the baseless agenda against Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry to hear that! The kid was having a good camp and did catch REX's eye several times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Torn ACL for Hazelton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Not sure what your point is. What is the purpose of a prediction? I have no idea how Sanchez will perform in the pre-season, I'm rooting for both QB's.

And save your crap, none of this has anything to do with agreeing with me or not, it's about the baseless agenda against Sanchez.

baseless???? HAHAHAHA. Step up and see the homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What? Homerism?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    GM John Idzik says he'll have a big input to the starting QB. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ave-a-big-role
    July 28, 2013 11:29 am ET

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Stats are for losers , bottom line the only stat that really counts is W&L. By purely looking at stats you lose objectivity.
    Look at the offense the Jets ran during those years , look at the gameplans , look at the skill players on O.
    In 2009-2010 the team was built to run the ball and Sanchez did an efficient job at what he was asked to do - be a game manager . THis type of system will never produce eye popping stats.
    In 2011-2012 Oline injuries and FO failures at restocking the offensive talent left a team ill suited to run a scheme the HC was mandating - G&P. Subsequently, the team was put in more adverse passing situations and with a banged up Oline or scrubs playing wr it resulted in a true cluster **** on offense.
    So what you're saying is that in 2009/2010 the Jets just asked Sanchez to be a minor part of the team and not screw games up and the Jets went to two AFC Championship games with that theory. Then in 2011/2012 when the Jets asked Sanchez to be a major part of the offense and to take control and make other players better he sh*t the bed and turned the ball over 52 times. Why should we trust him this year when MM's system dictates that the QB will throw on average 8 more times a game then the Jets did last year?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'll agree he's been garbage since 2011, but he's had more than three "clutch" games. Sure, some of them he stunk for 3.5 quarters, but that almost makes it more impressive that he could find a way to win.

Yeah, the guy's probably shot, but I don't think Eli would have developed either with the supporting cast we've put around Sanchez . . .
    You must love Tebow then

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    It is pretty amusing ... I have decided to let the coaching staff deal with the angst of picking a starter and then root for whomever they choose ... until that guy fails.
    Good point! I think some people here feel as if they can exert their will to make something happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    And for all the "Know it Alls" here:

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Marty Mornhinweg on why Sanchez is starting Friday night: "He's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp." #Jets
    No doubt someone will be following MM checking for a Sanchez tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    So what you're saying is that in 2009/2010 the Jets just asked Sanchez to be a minor part of the team and not screw games up and the Jets went to two AFC Championship games with that theory. Then in 2011/2012 when the Jets asked Sanchez to be a major part of the offense and to take control and make other players better he sh*t the bed and turned the ball over 52 times. Why should we trust him this year when MM's system dictates that the QB will throw on average 8 more times a game then the Jets did last year?
    In 2009-2010 the offensive skill set was a great fit for Rex's G&P. T Jones, Richardson, Greene as a late game pounder, Leon as change of pace. In 2010 adding in LT as an important weapon out of the backfield who could catch. Plus a solid offensive line anchored by Mangold, Moore, Woody, Dbrick , Faneca. The run game flourished and Sanchez was efficient when called upon to throw the rock including some stellar games in the postseason.

In 2011-2012 the design wasn't to ask Sanchez to do more, the problem was that the G&P which was so effective the 2 prior years fell apart. Woody was released and injuries sprung up on the Oline including a major one to Mangold. The Jets and Sanchez were forced into multitudes of bad passing situations because Greene did not evolve into a true early down back , in addition LT was showing signs of slowing down. The HC/OC never adapted the offense from a run based G&P to a pass first oriented offense. So in essence Sanchez was asked to do more but under adverse conditions. MM's offense is based on putting his offensive players in the best spot for their skills. In addition his gameplans willl try to attack and focus on an opponents weaknesses. It won't be the Rex - we're a running team - try to stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No doubt someone will be following MM checking for a Sanchez tattoo.
    eh I get the he earned it part but outstanding training camp not really. Most of the accounts I have read had him loosing the QB comp right up till today. It was basically 10 days of average to below average show followed by 2 days of actually looking better then a rookie. That is not outstanding. It is not like he is blowing the doors off of the competition.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    eh I get the he earned it part but outstanding training camp not really. Most of the accounts I have read had him loosing the QB comp right up till today. It was basically 10 days of average to below average show followed by 2 days of actually looking better then a rookie. That is not outstanding. It is not like he is blowing the doors off of the competition.
    Eh. I'll trust the word of the guy who's running the offense and whose job security is dictated by the success of his QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    He also got props for saying that its all about W&Ls. Gave Sanchez credit for the W&L record in his first 2 years then slyly said that in the last 2 years there wasn't talent to win. So in essence Sanchez gets all the credit for winning in 09&10, teams lack of talent is to blame for 11&12.

NIce story. Better than his usual blaming of the HC, CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He also got props for saying that its all about W&Ls. Gave Sanchez credit for the W&L record in his first 2 years then slyly said that in the last 2 years there wasn't talent to win. So in essence Sanchez gets all the credit for winning in 09&10, teams lack of talent is to blame for 11&12.

NIce story. Better than his usual blaming of the HC, CS.
    Nice retort as always absolving the CS and HC of any blame.

Of course it's not all on Mark, just as it's not all on any one person/group. However, a guy playing the most important position turning the ball over as often as he does is absolutely the majority holder of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Wrong

Another victim of our brain dead media

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Eh. I'll trust the word of the guy who's running the offense and whose job security is dictated by the success of his QB.
    You mean like the 100 quotes over the last 2 weeks from the OC, Rex, and Lee saying the battle is too close to call? Sanchez is having a good camp I think he is using some creative rights saying outstanding. Mark has had a few picks but has always looked good in camp. Note I have not once bashed Mark because of some blurb on camp coverage. Well maybe one joke about hitting a golf cart but never really bashed his day. It is what won him the job the 1st time around. I'm not there but I do read about it and what I have read isnt outstanding. Good yeah but that is nothing new we all know what he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Isn't this you?

life_g_carfan_576.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wrong

Another victim of our brain dead media
    Even the coaches said Sanchez 1st 2 days wasnt good. He has stepped it up the last 2 days he has pulled ahead of Geno. Your not talking rocket science here.