Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 330

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Even the coaches said Sanchez 1st 2 days wasnt good. He has stepped it up the last 2 days he has pulled ahead of Geno. Your not talking rocket science here.
    Dude, please stop, your agenda and defiance is so blatantly obvious, it's not even worth debating.

    Sanchez has had a very solid camp, all of your garble is thrown out the window with the comments today revealed today by Mornhinweg himself.

  2. #302
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What? Homerism?
    Yes, Ray.

    Homerism

    The guy has turned the ball over 53 times in the past two years (most in the NFL) and committed one of the all-time biggest NFL blunders, yet you think criticizing Sanchez and wanting to move on are somehow "baseless" accusations grounded in ignorance.

    The kid was nothing special in 2009 or 2010 either but the team was winning games and he was still a young QB learning on the job, so many of us were willing to go with the flow.

    I don't care if Sanchez has shown "flashes" in the past. I saw Rex Grossman have some fantastic games in Chicago, but the bad far outweighed the good so the Bears moved on.

    Even the scrub QB's in this league are capable of having a great, awe inspiring performance here and there. These guys are in the NFL afterall. Hell, Chad Henne had a 400+ yard, 5 TD performance in Jacksonville last year. Doesn't mean Jag fans are suddenly hailing Henne as the savior. Same thing with Matt Flynn's 6 TD game against the Pats a few years back.

    Sanchez has regressed every year since 2010. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a defeated looking QB with such piss poor body language as Sanchez exhibited last year. It was nauseating.

    Blame the supporting cast and Sparano all you want, it still doesn't excuse Sanchez overthrowing open receivers by 5-10 yards, flatout not seeing guys open down the field, throwing the ball directly into the chest of 300 lb DL, running around like a chicken with its head cut off at the first sign of pressure, etc.

    I don't know why it's so hard for some of you to believe that the kid just isn't a good QB.

    Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB turned out to be a disappointment.

  3. #303
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You mean like the 100 quotes over the last 2 weeks from the OC, Rex, and Lee saying the battle is too close to call? Sanchez is having a good camp I think he is using some creative rights saying outstanding. Mark has had a few picks but has always looked good in camp. Note I have not once bashed Mark because of some blurb on camp coverage. Well maybe one joke about hitting a golf cart but never really bashed his day. It is what won him the job the 1st time around. I'm not there but I do read about it and what I have read isnt outstanding. Good yeah but that is nothing new we all know what he is.
    No. I'm referring to the quote today by the OC based on his most recent evaluation.

  4. #304
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Even the coaches said Sanchez 1st 2 days wasnt good. He has stepped it up the last 2 days he has pulled ahead of Geno. Your not talking rocket science here.
    What is more important? His first 2 days or his last 2 days?

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What is more important? His first 2 days or his last 2 days?
    last 2 which is why he will start the 1st pre im not arguing that

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Dude, please stop, your agenda and defiance is so blatantly obvious, it's not even worth debating.

    Sanchez has had a very solid camp, all of your garble is thrown out the window with the comments today revealed today by Mornhinweg himself.
    Well then stop with the stupid post and bring fact not just insults

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well then stop with the stupid post and bring fact not just insults

    What stupid posts, and what insults?

    I'm the one bringing the facts, you are bringing your fabricated and agenda riddled garbage.

  8. #308
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,312
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Nice retort as always absolving the CS and HC of any blame.
    I'll ask you again..in the history of the NFL, name another HC that gets the kind of blame you throw Rexs way for Sanchez sucking up the joint.

    Tell us why a QB who takes a handful of sacks in one game sucks for 2 seasons and you think its an ok excuse.

    Tell us again that the Jets used ground and pound to the detriment of Sanchez, not that they ran ground and pound because their QB couldn't master a pro offense.

    Then remind us that the offense didn't have enough talent for our poor QB.

    To remind all, the HC was to blame, the OCs were to blame, the lack of talent was to blame, the Raven game was to blame.

    Sanchez, not so much.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, Ray.

    Homerism

    The guy has turned the ball over 53 times in the past two years (most in the NFL) and committed one of the all-time biggest NFL blunders, yet you think criticizing Sanchez and wanting to move on are somehow "baseless" accusations grounded in ignorance.

    The kid was nothing special in 2009 or 2010 either but the team was winning games and he was still a young QB learning on the job, so many of us were willing to go with the flow.

    I don't care if Sanchez has shown "flashes" in the past. I saw Rex Grossman have some fantastic games in Chicago, but the bad far outweighed the good so the Bears moved on.

    Even the scrub QB's in this league are capable of having a great, awe inspiring performance here and there. These guys are in the NFL afterall. Hell, Chad Henne had a 400+ yard, 5 TD performance in Jacksonville last year. Doesn't mean Jag fans are suddenly hailing Henne as the savior. Same thing with Matt Flynn's 6 TD game against the Pats a few years back.

    Sanchez has regressed every year since 2010. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a defeated looking QB with such piss poor body language as Sanchez exhibited last year. It was nauseating.

    Blame the supporting cast and Sparano all you want, it still doesn't excuse Sanchez overthrowing open receivers by 5-10 yards, flatout not seeing guys open down the field, throwing the ball directly into the chest of 300 lb DL, running around like a chicken with its head cut off at the first sign of pressure, etc.

    I don't know why it's so hard for some of you to believe that the kid just isn't a good QB.

    Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB turned out to be a disappointment.
    Every ****ing post with you is a regurgitated diatribe of the same bull****.

    There is no homerism if I have no stake in Sanchez or Smith winning, and when I say I want the best player to emerge and take over the team.

    Calling out the obvious agendas against Sanchez, including your own doesn't make me a homer, it makes me a realist.

    Saying I'm rooting for Sanchez doesn't make me a homer, I want to see the kid bounce back, if he doesn't, oh well, then I hope Smith is ready.

    But it's comedic SHAME that Sanchez has had a strong several days of camp, is endorsed by his NEW and WELL regarded OC, and the Sanchez haters are tripping over themselves in a complete state of panic because he's starting in the first pre-season game, and some are already trying to label Smith a bust.

    I'm well aware of what Sanchez was last year, the problem is, you and too many like you ignore the other contributing facts to his current demise, the injuries he's had, the complete garbage he's had coaching him, 3 systems in 3 years, 2 of which were complete failures, etc etc.

    Sanchez has earned the fight of his career, it's up to him what he does with it, but how about we let it play out instead of fabricating and digging up things to **** on him about, while trying to ignore that maybe he is responding well to MM and Lee, and just may be playing well in camp?

    In a few days, we'll all be able to see for ourselves, in a pre-season game, and game conditions... Of course, if Sanchez comes out and plays well, the same lot of you will all find something to spin. But if he comes out and doesn't play so well, you'll all be the first to come running to the board to scream the "I told you so's..."

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wrong

    Another victim of our brain dead media
    yeah that is facts

  11. #311
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Every ****ing post with you is a regurgitated diatribe of the same bull****.

    There is no homerism if I have no stake in Sanchez or Smith winning, and when I say I want the best player to emerge and take over the team.

    Calling out the obvious agendas against Sanchez, including your own doesn't make me a homer, it makes me a realist.

    Saying I'm rooting for Sanchez doesn't make me a homer, I want to see the kid bounce back, if he doesn't, oh well, then I hope Smith is ready.

    But it's comedic SHAME that Sanchez has had a strong several days of camp, is endorsed by his NEW and WELL regarded OC, and the Sanchez haters are tripping over themselves in a complete state of panic because he's starting in the first pre-season game, and some are already trying to label Smith a bust.

    I'm well aware of what Sanchez was last year, the problem is, you and too many like you ignore the other contributing facts to his current demise, the injuries he's had, the complete garbage he's had coaching him, 3 systems in 3 years, 2 of which were complete failures, etc etc.

    Sanchez has earned the fight of his career, it's up to him what he does with it, but how about we let it play out instead of fabricating and digging up things to **** on him about, while trying to ignore that maybe he is responding well to MM and Lee, and just may be playing well in camp?

    In a few days, we'll all be able to see for ourselves, in a pre-season game, and game conditions... Of course, if Sanchez comes out and plays well, the same lot of you will all find something to spin. But if he comes out and doesn't play so well, you'll all be the first to come running to the board to scream the "I told you so's..."

    LOL

    There is no agenda.

    When I see a turd, I call it what it is...a turd.

    Not stick a rose on it and try ignoring what it truly is, like you continually do over and over...and over.

    Sanchez has given me ZERO reason to believe that he'll ever live up to his potential and develop into the player that we drafted him to be. Why the hell you're so hard headed about this very simple, easy to grasp concept...I have no idea.

    What's funny about all of this is how you constantly contradict yourself on this issue. On one hand, you say that Sanchez needs to improve. On the other, you immediately attack anyone who criticizes his poor play which you yourself have said Sanchez needs to elevate.

    Many of us simply have no faith in him getting any better. And please give me one good reason why we should other than "pie in the sky" blind hope?

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    There is no agenda.

    When I see a turd, I call it what it is...a turd.

    Not stick a rose on it and try ignoring what it truly is, like you continually do over and over...and over.

    Sanchez has given me ZERO reason to believe that he'll ever live up to his potential and develop into the player that we drafted him to be. Why the hell you're so hard headed about this very simple, easy to grasp concept...I have no idea.

    What's funny about all of this is how you constantly contradict yourself on this issue. On one hand, you say that Sanchez needs to improve. On the other, you immediately attack anyone who criticizes his poor play which you yourself have said Sanchez needs to elevate.

    Many of us simply have no faith in him getting any better. And please give me one good reason why we should other than "pie in the sky" blind hope?
    Ok, great, so you have no faith in him, I have no problem with it. You don't think he will get the job. Great, fantastic, no issue from me.

    I'm not attacking people who think Sanchez needs to improve or when he plays poorly, your comprehension is clearly lacking.

    What I have a problem with, are the fans that are spinning things because they just can't stand the thought of Sanchez winning the job, and almost want to will Smith into the job whether he is ready or not. It's a good thing there are SMART well regarded experts like MM and Lee running this offense.

    And what we have in this thread and many others, is the very bull****, from those same fans, spinning their own defiance, with reports coming out in recent days that speak of how well Sanchez has performed.

    Again, how do any of my thought son this make me a homer?

  13. #313
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well then stop with the stupid post and bring fact not just insults
    Homers cant see it in themselves........



    HOMERS brain...................

    Last edited by southparkcpa; 08-07-2013 at 06:46 AM.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well then stop with the stupid post and bring fact not just insults
    Give it a break man. Your opinionated agenda is just too obvious and turns everyone else off...

  15. #315
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,601
    I gotta say...and this is scaring me more than a little....I'm with Ray on this one. While we all trip over the words often enough, I do believe he is more on the 'wait and see side' while at least some of those arguing with him the most seem disinclined to even allow this to play out fairly. UT did a good job of stating why he takes that position and I have no problem with that. But some folks here are truly distorting CURRENT reality to justify their positions and that's always fair game for mockery.

  16. #316
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I gotta say...and this is scaring me more than a little....I'm with Ray on this one. While we all trip over the words often enough, I do believe he is more on the 'wait and see side' while at least some of those arguing with him the most seem disinclined to even allow this to play out fairly. UT did a good job of stating why he takes that position and I have no problem with that. But some folks here are truly distorting CURRENT reality to justify their positions and that's always fair game for mockery.
    Ill further that by saying I would like to see Mark resurrect himself. But Ray insults other posters in an unprovoked fashion. Plain and simple. The fact that he doesn't see it is BRICK one in the wall of immaturity.

  17. #317
    Proof is in the the play, as far Mark is concerned, he has always been a good practice QB. When it gets hairy is when he has defensive linemen in his face, on Sundays. Maybe this year Mark steps up and overcomes his fears and remains calm and makes the plays. I think every Jets fan would be thrilled with that. I think every Jets fan would be happy to support Mark and cheer him on. The thing is though, Mark must overcome his past history and his habit of making the same dumb mistakes over and over. History is all fans have to go by, the all too many 3 and outs and poor decision making at critical times in the game. We all hope he has finally gotten past this. He now has a solid OC and rebuilt O line and players who he has had more then enough time to connect with, timing wise. This is Mark's last chance and like it or not history is not on his side.
    Make no mistake if Mark can become a good game manager keep the chains moving,the fans will be behind him. Yet, if they see him being the Mark that they have watched for the last two years, it is going to get very ugly.
    As I have pointed out before, if Mark is chosen to be the starter for the season, he will be on a very short leash. I don't think anyone in the Jets organization will be willing endure a 5 year starter making rookie mistakes any longer. If it continues Mark will have no one but himself to blame. With Geno sitting on the bench awaiting his turn, both the Jets and the fans would certainly be more forgiving of a rookie making the mistakes then the 5 year veteran.
    Geno is the saving grace for the Jets and there fans, at the very least, if Mark starts, we will know the ace in the hole is a few feet away. An who knows, with Mark knowing this,maybe for the first time in his Jet career, he plays like a man possessed.

  18. #318
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ill further that by saying I would like to see Mark resurrect himself. But Ray insults other posters in an unprovoked fashion. Plain and simple. The fact that he doesn't see it is BRICK one in the wall of immaturity.
    He already got his first brick.

    Capture.jpg


  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, Ray.

    Homerism

    The guy has turned the ball over 53 times in the past two years (most in the NFL) and committed one of the all-time biggest NFL blunders, yet you think criticizing Sanchez and wanting to move on are somehow "baseless" accusations grounded in ignorance.

    The kid was nothing special in 2009 or 2010 either but the team was winning games and he was still a young QB learning on the job, so many of us were willing to go with the flow.

    I don't care if Sanchez has shown "flashes" in the past. I saw Rex Grossman have some fantastic games in Chicago, but the bad far outweighed the good so the Bears moved on.

    Even the scrub QB's in this league are capable of having a great, awe inspiring performance here and there. These guys are in the NFL afterall. Hell, Chad Henne had a 400+ yard, 5 TD performance in Jacksonville last year. Doesn't mean Jag fans are suddenly hailing Henne as the savior. Same thing with Matt Flynn's 6 TD game against the Pats a few years back.

    Sanchez has regressed every year since 2010. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a defeated looking QB with such piss poor body language as Sanchez exhibited last year. It was nauseating.

    Blame the supporting cast and Sparano all you want, it still doesn't excuse Sanchez overthrowing open receivers by 5-10 yards, flatout not seeing guys open down the field, throwing the ball directly into the chest of 300 lb DL, running around like a chicken with its head cut off at the first sign of pressure, etc.

    I don't know why it's so hard for some of you to believe that the kid just isn't a good QB.

    Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB turned out to be a disappointment.
    Bigger than Mark Malone's shuttle pass that went for a pick six against Car, Bigger than Gastineau's roughing the passer against Cle in the playoffs, bigger than the Blair Thomas fumble against Chi on Monday night with the Jets trying run out the clock, bigger than The Jets fallling for the Marino fake spike, bigger then Kenny O stopping short of the goalline against Mia, bigger than Doug Briens two missed FG's against PIT in the playoffs. Sure the Sanchez fumble was bad because it was on national TV , but its not even top 5 in Jets history as the consequences of the fumble really had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

    You want much bigger blunders , Piscarick fumble to Herman Edwards, Romo botching snap in playoffs just two examples but there are tons more. Jet fans need to drop the need to carry around that play as some sort of twisted badge of honor.

    And lord knows it wouldn't be the first time a QB who has looked atrocious has made a remarkable turnaround due to a change in teams, skillset players and systems that are more suited for his style.

    Bottom line everyone claims they know what we have in Sanchez. I contend we really don't . I know what we have in Sanchez based on a scheme not suited for our talent . let's see what a truly competent OC and QB coach can do for our QB before we cast him aside.
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 08-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.

  20. #320
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I'll ask you again..in the history of the NFL, name another HC that gets the kind of blame you throw Rexs way for Sanchez sucking up the joint.

    Tell us why a QB who takes a handful of sacks in one game sucks for 2 seasons and you think its an ok excuse.

    Tell us again that the Jets used ground and pound to the detriment of Sanchez, not that they ran ground and pound because their QB couldn't master a pro offense.

    Then remind us that the offense didn't have enough talent for our poor QB.

    To remind all, the HC was to blame, the OCs were to blame, the lack of talent was to blame, the Raven game was to blame.

    Sanchez, not so much.
    I agree with a lot of what you say. But I do think the OC's had to share a pretty significant portion of the blame in this.

    Sanchez is not what you would call a "heady" QB and he needs to be placed into a system that will work with his physical assets.

    This kid may never get it, but I think this is clearly his last chance with someone who is considered to be a top notch OC. Shotty was very average and Sparano was an abomination.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us