Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    There's no future,in Intchez. Forgive me for not enjoying another year of one of the worst QBs in the league.

I won't be rooting against him, but I'm sure as hell done rooting for his turnover-prone ass.

#TappingWhileTalking
    My best guess would be, if Sanchez does indeed start and then proceeds to **** the bed, Geno comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    My best guess would be, if Sanchez does indeed start and then proceeds to **** the bed, Geno comes in.
    I'm sure he'll end up falling on his ass or run into an ass.

#TappingWhileTalking

Geno will start, the only question is game 1 or game 4. Anyone who expects Sunchez to shine in real games is delusional. 2 hits - and he returns to former self.
    How Geno will play in real game we yet to have any idea.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Sanchez needed that confidence boosting last play bomb to provide an emotional catalyst?

This is more of the same with him.

His either moping, head hung and playing uninspired and ineffectual. Or he's feeling confident and sharp and making the throws.

He's like a child.
    Yes, I'm sure we're all bothered by his making good throws. In fact, that just proves how bad he is.

Excuse me now while I clean the brain and skull fragments off the wall.

All League
    I'm so glad nobody with an agenda is going to make the QB call. MM should have the most influence, and he comes across as a very fair, prudent individual. Let him evaluate who is best for the system. Not make the call based on who i hate

Jets Insider VIP
    Starting to get really excited about Spadola. Kid is making plays everyday it seems.

Really wanna see what he can do against Detroit.

That's pretty,much it for tweets. Someone else can cover the presser. Later.

#TappingWhileTalking

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is BIGGER than the QB competition.

It's been my mantra in any of my support for Sanchez

I want to see Sanchez with a legit OC, it seems MM and Lee have had a really positive effect on Sanchez, and they will have the same on Smith.

A Sanchez that bounces back, thumbs his nose to his critics and the fanbase that has turned on him, would be awesome.

But better than that, a Sanchez that bounces back, is GOOD for our Jets team, it's just a damn shame TOO many ignorant fans who are BLATANTLY rooting AGAINST Sanchez don't see this.
    +100,000,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is BIGGER than the QB competition.

It's been my mantra in any of my support for Sanchez

I want to see Sanchez with a legit OC, it seems MM and Lee have had a really positive effect on Sanchez, and they will have the same on Smith.

A Sanchez that bounces back, thumbs his nose to his critics and the fanbase that has turned on him, would be awesome.

But better than that, a Sanchez that bounces back, is GOOD for our Jets team, it's just a damn shame TOO many ignorant fans who are BLATANTLY rooting AGAINST Sanchez don't see this.
    agreed

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    What I wouldn't give to see hill burn revis for a TD week 1
    That would be fun but I expect Revis will be Revis, better chance rooting for Dee to grab a pick 6 from Freeman or Richardson getting a strip sack

Rex said his boy is starting on Friday.

lol.

All League
    Yeah, I say don't throw his way

Jets Insider VIP
    Of course Mark is starting. Just like Kellen Clemens started the 1st preseason game in 09. This is all for show. Geno will start week 2 of the preseason and will start every game moving forward.
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 08-06-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rex said his boy is starting on Friday.

lol.
    I actually prefer Sanchez get the start anyway.

By all accounts, the starters are only going to play a series or two.

Just means we get a longer look at Geno playing with the 2's.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Of course Mark is starting. Just like Kellen Clemens started the 1st preseason game in 09. This is all for show. Geno will start week 2 and will start every game moving forward.
    You cling to that branch.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Of course Mark is starting. Just like Kellen Clemens started the 1st preseason game in 09. This is all for show. Geno will start week 2 and will start every game moving forward.
    Wait, you said he's be starting from week 1?

Why the sudden change?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Wait, you said he's be starting from week 1?

Why the sudden change?
    I mean week 2 of the preseason. Friday night is the last game mark sanchez ever starts as a NY Jet. Barring an injury to geno of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rotoworld typically bashes the Jets, but they're right on here:

Mark Sanchez will start the Jets' preseason opener on Friday, with Geno Smith coming off the bench.

Because the Jets don't already know what they have in a player with 62 career starts under his belt. "It's been an even competition," coach Rex Ryan claimed. "It seemed like the natural thing to do." It's obviously an indication that Sanchez is in the lead for the starting job, but could also be a matter of the Jets refusing to coddle Smith the way they did Sanchez as a rookie. Smith will also get reps with the first team. Most indications have Smith leading the "battle." We're beating a dead horse at this point, but it's time for the Jets to move on from their failed franchise quarterback Sanchez.

All Pro
    This is the point where we separate the fans who want the team to win, from those who are more concerned they be right about their position on Sanchez. Any evidence to the contrary must be denounced as temporary and meaningless.

sloth.jpg

I want either or both of the QBs to step it up big now, but there will be a special enjoyment to it if Sanchez really does turn things around because the board is going to be a raging ball of denial for weeks.

All Pro
    Unless Rex plans to go into the season with Sanchez as the starter, I disagree with his decision about the starting quarterback in the first preseason game.

Geno desperately needs the reps with the starters (and against the opposing defensive starters). Mark does not.