Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Unless Rex plans to go into the season with Sanchez as the starter, I disagree with his decision about the starting quarterback in the first preseason game.

Geno desperately needs the reps with the starters (and against the opposing defensive starters). Mark does not.
    I wonder if they will run the starters on Offense for two series and give each QB one, then bring McElroy and Simms in for the rest. In that case, it doesn't really matter much.

Edit: Some tweets from PC saying Rex said both QBs would get snaps with the 1st team O.
    Last edited by nycdan; 08-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, McGinley is soooo mad

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? I don't get it. Sanchez' ceiling is so much lower than Geno's and he has proven that he is not a starting QB. There is no upside to him. Are you going to give him a big contract if he has a middle of the pack year? I don't get the support of Sanchez on any level whatsoever. If the Jets start him, that will be one of the worst decisions this team has ever made.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    This is the point where we separate the fans who want the team to win, from those who are more concerned they be right about their position on Sanchez. Any evidence to the contrary must be denounced as temporary and meaningless.

Attachment 3958

I want either or both of the QBs to step it up big now, but there will be a special enjoyment to it if Sanchez really does turn things around because the board is going to be a raging ball of denial for weeks.
    Just wait until 32green and shakin have to end their vacations, because the kids have to go back to school. Flying lawnmower rides everyday; the butt-hurt will be everywhere. They don't coddle posters the way I do; they really challenge those that (aren't yet) (thread) starter material.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Damn, McGinley is soooo mad
    Not really. I'm not surprised Wrecks would go with Intchez. He'll start him in the regular season, too. Even after Intchez completely ****s the bed, he'll keep him out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless Rex plans to go into the season with Sanchez as the starter, I disagree with his decision about the starting quarterback in the first preseason game.

Geno desperately needs the reps with the starters (and against the opposing defensive starters). Mark does not.
    I can't see how that decision has already been made one way or the other.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not really. I'm not surprised Wrecks would go with Intchez. He'll start him in the regular season, too. Even after Intchez completely ****s the bed, he'll keep him out there.
    common Rex's hands are tied. He cannot in any sense captitulate to popular sentiment. They HAVE to see what #6 can do with a prolific OC. The Niners got rich from hanging on to Smith...common...so much at stake and we want a quick, simplistic resolution. crazy like Joe W.

you guys are ****ed up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry but thats BS. Sanchez has had a very mediocre camp, got outplayed in the GW scrimmage has a couple good couple of practice days and then should be the starter, completely ignoring 4 years of history on the guy??? The BEST Sanchez can be is a bottom third game manager, so fans should want this guy to start? That asinine. The only person who wants Sanchez to start is Rex because he views it as the only way to keep his job. Buttfumble is his hand picked QB and he is not going away from him unless forced to by Woody and Idzik. Jets fans who really want the team to succeed should want Geno to win, and Sanchez to completely fall on his ass in preseason games so Rex cant sabotage the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I wonder if they will run the starters on Offense for two series and give each QB one, then bring McElroy and Simms in for the rest. In that case, it doesn't really matter much.

Edit: Some tweets from PC saying Rex said both QBs would get snaps with the 1st team O.
    True, but we can't control the other team's actions. Given that it's the first preseason game of the year, it's very possible that Detroit pulls its starters on defense after one series. In this case, Geno will be playing with our first team offense, but going against Detroit's second team defense. In my opinion, it's an opportunity lost, and for what? To evaluate a 5th year veteran yet again?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    common Rex's hands are tied. He cannot in any sense captitulate to popular sentiment. They HAVE to see what #6 can do with a prolific OC. The Niners got rich from hanging on to Smith...common...so much at stake and we want a quick, simplistic resolution. crazy like Joe W.

you guys are ****ed up.
    I hold no allegiances to those two clowns any more. Rex can ead.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Im sorry but thats BS. Sanchez has had a very mediocre camp, got outplayed in the GW scrimmage has a couple good couple of practice days and then should be the starter, completely ignoring 4 years of history on the guy??? The BEST Sanchez can be is a bottom third game manager, so fans should want this guy to start? That asinine. The only person who wants Sanchez to start is Rex because he views it as the only way to keep his job. Buttfumble is his hand picked QB and he is not going away from him unless forced to by Woody and Idzik. Jets fans who really want the team to succeed should want Geno to win, and Sanchez to completely fall on his ass in preseason games so Rex cant sabotage the season.
    I can't see that being true. Rex had one foot out the door when Idzik was hired. And that was primarily because of the **** season that Sanchez had.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I hold no allegiances to those two clowns any more. Rex can ead.
    Chuck Noll had similar problems lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

you guys are ****ed up.
    No they don;t HAVE to. They know what Sanchez is. He is NOT a starting caliber QB in the NFL. Continuously coming up with rationalizations for why he has played poorly is freaking ridiculous. He is an anchor to this franchise. But he's Rex's guy so I guess we get to see Sanchez ruin another season. Only upside is that both of them would be gone next year. Of course we won't know what we have in Geno either. Starting Sanchez again is idiotic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing about Noll is that he quite possibly made the "wrong" decision at QB, but the Steelers were so strong everywhere else that not taking any risks like Bradshaw did led to 4 Super Bowls.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    No they don;t HAVE to. They know what Sanchez is. He is NOT a starting caliber QB in the NFL. Continuously coming up with rationalizations for why he has played poorly is freaking ridiculous. He is an anchor to this franchise. But he's Rex's guy so I guess we get to see Sanchez ruin another season. Only upside is that both of them would be gone next year. Of course we won't know what we have in Geno either. Starting Sanchez again is idiotic.
    LOL you didn't absorb one word of what I said; the guy with teh sloth picture is right; you're blind haters. F off; read my amazing post next time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? I don't get it. Sanchez' ceiling is so much lower than Geno's and he has proven that he is not a starting QB. There is no upside to him. Are you going to give him a big contract if he has a middle of the pack year? I don't get the support of Sanchez on any level whatsoever. If the Jets start him, that will be one of the worst decisions this team has ever made.
    you can't have it both ways, folks.

you can't complain that the Jets have "coddled" Sanchez and then ask that they do the same for Smith.

you can't say Sanchez is one of the worst QBs in the league and then demand that Smith be named the starter even if he can't beat said awful QB in an open competition.

best player should play, period. if Smith can't beat Sanchez (aka, Intchez... aka, Buttfumble6... aka, Suckchez... etc) in the competition, then maybe he isn't ready to start quite yet.

either way, you're all getting way ahead of yourselves. Smith has played better for the most part, with the possible exception of the last two practices in which Sanchez appears to have "bounced back." not one meaningful preseason snap has been taken by either player. let's see what they do in live action before we all start freaking out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Sanchez is like a big steaming turd that won't flush.

I question the notion there was ever true competition here, if they refuse to move on from Sanchez and are prepared to tolerate his level of play they should never of drafted Geno that high to create the illusion of competition, they should of got Sanchez a weapon like Steadman Bailey in the 2nd.

Fact is Sanchez goes when Rex does, how many lives has nacho got? Just history repeating itself over and over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is BIGGER than the QB competition.

It's been my mantra in any of my support for Sanchez

I want to see Sanchez with a legit OC, it seems MM and Lee have had a really positive effect on Sanchez, and they will have the same on Smith.

A Sanchez that bounces back, thumbs his nose to his critics and the fanbase that has turned on him, would be awesome.

But better than that, a Sanchez that bounces back, is GOOD for our Jets team, it's just a damn shame TOO many ignorant fans who are BLATANTLY rooting AGAINST Sanchez don't see this.
    Ray Ray this was possibly your finest post. This is what's lost on alot of guys here. The best thing possible to happen this year is for Sanchez to have taken all the pressure he has on him and succeed and play to the level he was drafted. It would leave us with 2 good QB's, making either one a solid tradeable commodity. If Sanchez plays well enough that he's no doubt the starter the following season we still have the ability to hold Geno for another year and make the decision in 2015. Bottom line is teams pay alot for relatively unknown commodities at QB. AJ Feely, Kolb, Cassell, Palmer, Schaub, Flynn.......the list goes on. If Sanchez turns it around and plays like a top 5 draft pick QB then Geno gives us a free 1st round pick in the next couple years.....or potentially vice versa. Getting rid of Sanchez or hoping he just sucks does nothing for us at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westy, if you want to support the Tatman and Boy Blunder, be my guest. The rest of us are tired of watching them wipe their asses with our laundry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Well both QB's are having strong camps and the offense seems to be doing well against a defense with a lot of talent. This is good bro